Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort, Orlando [Master Thread]

Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:24 am

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
well it is located on busy 535, you can walk across the street and there is the Ale House, Macaroni Grill, Chilis, 7/11, Shoney's and Walgreens. Also on the same side of the Road there is an Olive Garden, Sizzler, Steak N Shake, some mexican joint, pizza hut. Not that close to a grocery store unless you want a little walk down to the Winn Dixie.

Do you have a car?

I will have a car for the 1st day. I will be able to get any grocery provisions I need (family of 4) then. But I'm turning it in because for spring break week, it's like 400 for the week, and most of the time it would just be sitting in the hotel parking lot. I plan on doing the shuttle back and forth to the Disney properties, cab or car service back to the airport, walk for food.

Thanks for the assurance that 'walk for food' can happen.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
Anyone know what is within walking distance of the Sheraton Safari Orlando (Lake Buena Vista)? Especially interested in (1) restaurants, incl fast food; (2) convenience stores; (3) grocery stores.
If you want to add to the info provided, try Yahoo Maps for business listings and mapping around virtually any street address in the USA - not just the Sheraton Safari Orlando.

The are + and - to having a car; sounds like you have weighed them appropriately. Have a good trip.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
We stayed at this property back in 2006 and the "walk for food" can definitely happen. But, I have to admit, per Mary2e's advice, that being able to drive to the parks was a huge time saver. I understand that the rental will be $400+, but if you can find it for any price cheaper, I'd go with the car rental.

We booked a suite at this hotel and it was okay. We were much happier staying "on-property" at the Dolphin.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Here is a tool you can use to help you with your question:

http://walkscore.com/
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: WN or DL; Hyatt or Wyndham
Originally Posted by slippahs
We stayed at this property back in 2006 and the "walk for food" can definitely happen. But, I have to admit, per Mary2e's advice, that being able to drive to the parks was a huge time saver.
I asked the shuttle schedule and it sounded hourly....is that a scam?

Originally Posted by slippahs
We booked a suite at this hotel and it was okay. We were much happier staying "on-property" at the Dolphin.
5 free nights thanks to spg points. It won't be the nicest place I've ever stayed, but you can't beat "free".
Old Jan 17, 2008, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Beats me on how reliable the shuttle is; we never took it.

Dug up this old thread re: transportation around Orlando: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...%2A+rental
Old Jan 17, 2008, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
[QUOTE=Delta Hog;9089313]I asked the shuttle schedule and it sounded hourly....is that a scam?

Not a scam but it is full sometimes. You may want to check w/someone at bell desk about it before your visit.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; SPG Plat;
Originally Posted by Delta Hog
I asked the shuttle schedule and it sounded hourly....is that a scam?

5 free nights thanks to spg points. It won't be the nicest place I've ever stayed, but you can't beat "free".
There is a very nice grocery store about 2.5 blocks from the hotel in the same plaza area as BW3, Chevy's, etc. They actually have a pretty amazing selection of wine for a grocery store. Not that you asked, but it surprised me the time I went in there.

Qdoba is right across the street and has good burrito'ish things like CHipotle, etc.

There are probably 20 -30 restaurants within walking distance there. Do not eat at the hotel. It's terrible. I am local and my wife and I were desperate one night and everything was packed.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Gooding is the grocery store you are refering too, it is very expensive!
Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Sheraton Safari Orlando Suite Pictures

Living Room Area

Living Room TV

Kitchen Area

Desk Area

Bed Room

Sink and Vanity Area

Python Snake Slide

View From Room

Last edited by jrzyshawn; Jun 22, 2009 at 1:12 am
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Thanks for the pics. Looks like it hasn't changed much in four years. We were there for two nights riding out Hurricane Charley in August of '04.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
It is not a bad place for the money. You can get this place for about $69-79 a nt for a standard room, and as a gold, I always received an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite. I would not pay more than $119 a night for this hotel though.
Old May 24, 2009, 1:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Hotels in Orlando offering Breakfast to Platinum Guests?

I am planning a trip to Orlando for 4 nights.
I am a Platinum member with Starwood and would like to know the hotels which offer free breakfast to Platinum Guest.
Currently, I am thinking of staying at the Sheraton Safari. Can someone tell me if this hotel offers free breakfast? Also what is the chance of an upgrade to a Suite? And lastly what are the amenities provided as a Platinum Guest?

P.S: I did search the threads for the above answers but could not get a definite answer and hence posting on a new thread

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 25, 2009 at 12:29 am Reason: Merged into Sheraton Safari thread
Old May 24, 2009, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by spsawant
I am a Platinum member with Starwood and would like to know the hotels which offer free breakfast to Platinum Guest.
Currently, I am thinking of staying at the Sheraton Safari. Can someone tell me if this hotel offers free breakfast? Also what is the chance of an upgrade to a Suite? And lastly what are the amenities provided as a Platinum Guest?

P.S: I did search the threads for the above answers but could not get a definite answer and hence posting on a new thread
Just back from a 12 night stay @ the Safari. I've been upgraded to a suite for the whole stay (The Safari suite). Breakfast is free for the PLAT member, half price for a 2nd adult & free for under 12. Nice property.
Old May 24, 2009, 8:30 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by spsawant

In the future, please add to the property's master thread. Cheap Elite will be by later to educate you

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426006

I confirm the previous poster's experience. The property's SOP is to provide comp breakfast for Plat with 50% off for additional guests. With available space, they also UG Plat to suite. What this property lacks in facilities, they make up for in service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.