Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2010, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
? re: Oct 2010 stay

For the last 2 years, we've overnighted here on our way back to the US. I know you pay for the convenience of the hotel, but this fall I was looking to again overnight there the 3rd week of October, and the prices are incredibly high. For the past 3 months, the only thing available are Club rooms starting at 565 euros and up.

Is something going on at the hotel, or will they release regular rooms closer to the date? I've emailed the the hotel but no one has replied as I'd like to have something else confirmed if their prices won't be coming down.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by brazzleman
For the past 3 months, the only thing available are Club rooms starting at 565 euros and up.

Is something going on at the hotel...
SIAL Exhibition at the nearby Exhibition Centre.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
spg50

Originally Posted by brazzleman
For the last 2 years, we've overnighted here on our way back to the US. I know you pay for the convenience of the hotel, but this fall I was looking to again overnight there the 3rd week of October, and the prices are incredibly high. For the past 3 months, the only thing available are Club rooms starting at 565 euros and up.
Call SPG CSR and ask for spg50 rate. I was at the hotel during Eurosatory show at the nearby Parc des Expositions and only rack rates were at available for 439 euros. I was able to get spg50 rate at 219.50 euros for 4 nights. Best use of 1000 SPG points.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:39 am

I spent 4 nights at the Sheraton CDG this week. The hotel rooms were on the small side and the lounge was small too.

The TV in the room is still very old, small CRT (~19" with curved front) that must be over 15 years old.

It is not convenient for dinner and evening in the city since RER B stops running between Aunay Sur Bois and CDG after 11 PM.

I would not recommend staying here unless you need to fly out early in the morning.

Last edited by CIT85; Jun 19, 2010 at 2:12 pm Reason: Add info on TV
Old Jun 19, 2010, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
While I agree it's not super-easy to get back after a night in Paris (in true French fashion RER B schedules conflict about last train time) there is the night bus from Gare du Nord that's a fair trade off to spend a late night in Paris.
Old Jun 23, 2010, 2:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Got an odd one here. Trying to book a room for 3 for the night on spg.com

Asking for a room for 2, I'm offered the a classic room, with the choice of 2 singles or 1 double, BAR of Eur199. Extra rollaway : no charge.

Asking for a room for 3, I'm offered the same classic room, with the choice of 2 singles or 1 double, but the price is now Eur274. In this case, what do I get for my extra Eur75, and where does the 3rd person sleep ?

As far as I can see from the room descriptions, no rooms, not even the suites, have a sofabed.

Knowing that some European SPG properties are very picky when it comes to max room occupancy, what's my strategy to ensure all 3 have somewhere to sleep, without being ripped off for unneccesary extra occupancy charges ?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Why not phone the hotel directly and see how they view it?

It'd really ruin a trip if you were charged an extra 75 EUR.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 9:47 am

Does anyone know if the lounge still serves breakfast? The last report seems to be one year ago. Thanks.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RedLancer
Does anyone know if the lounge still serves breakfast? The last report seems to be one year ago. Thanks.
Yes I have had breakfast there this year. On a weekday. Not sure about weekends.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:24 pm

I had breakfast in the lounge last week Tuesday through Friday. I liked the crepe with maple syrup.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Yes I have had breakfast there this year. On a weekday. Not sure about weekends.
Thank you!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by CIT85
I had breakfast in the lounge last week Tuesday through Friday. I liked the crepe with maple syrup.
Thank you!
Old Jun 24, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
There's also the option for breakfast in the resto.

But... skip it. It was horrendous and each dish seemed like the cook went overboard with salt. The only non-salty dish was the omelette station!!

I have no idea if the breakfast in the lounge is as salty.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Exec Premier, SPG Platinum, AmEx Platinum
Would any of you stay here 4 nights or would that be insane? I see that one person who spent 4 nights there but did you go into the city every day and you said you wouldn't recommend it except for an overnight airport stay.

I have a bit of a pickle where I potentially need to be out at the airport on a Friday and then back for a flight on Tuesday morning. I was going to stay in town at Le Meridien and Westin over the weekend but am rethinking if the moving hotels would just be a huge pain in the butt rather than just staying out here and taking public transportation into the city.

I'm kind of nervous by all the comments about the rooms and such at this hotel.

Thanks!

Last edited by BulaRae; Jul 14, 2010 at 2:37 am
Old Jul 14, 2010, 3:52 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
I would chose a hotel in town anytime. While the CDG is convenient for Airport hotel, taking the RER on a daily basis is a bit of a pain. Suggest you take the taxi to avoid the stairs of the RER and Paris Metro and be delivered to the doorstep of your hotel.
You could also get an Air France bus from CDG to Le Meridien Etoile, which will put you in town with only a street to cross. That beats the daily commute to/fro airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.