Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Old Mar 18, 2008, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ijkh
1. It states "buffet breakfast" in our club level room rate. Does that mean in the lounge coffee and pasteries or a real buffet breakfast in with hot dishes? We will arrive with full bellies from the flight over the pond and leave bright and early the next AM. Club lounge food seemed to be the best $avings bet for food in this situation given the $ to Euro fiasco.

2. What is offered in the way of food in the club lounge. Is it available or even open on Saturdays?
The lounge is quite small and not a huge variety of food. Plenty of coffee, tea and juice, some scrambled eggs and sausages, and of course croissants and I think cereal and yogurt. I have never paid the club rate as I always get upgraded. You might want to check to see if you are allowed to eat in the restaurant with your rate. It would be much better.

It's also worth calling to see about the weekends. I honestly don't remember, even though I'm sure I must have stayed on a weekend before.
Old Mar 18, 2008, 8:23 pm
Yub

We booked a standard room on C&P and were upgraded to club level.

The food in the lounge was more than adequate. Breakfast was as mentioned by Stimpy. Good choice of breads including croissants.

The lounge is very small. My recollection is the main room holds maybe 10 seats, and the other room had a table with maybe 4 seats.

I'm not sure about the weekends, but it was open on Christmas Day/Nol 2007 which was a Tuesday.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
How are the restaurants? Staying there overnight with my 12-year old, a late flight in and early flight out, and can do food before the flight or at the hotel.

Any thoughts on the quality and price of food there?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jabrams72
How are the restaurants? Staying there overnight with my 12-year old, a late flight in and early flight out, and can do food before the flight or at the hotel.

Any thoughts on the quality and price of food there?
Well it's France, so the food is of course excellent! There is a normal restaurant which is priced well considering it's inside the airport and quite good. But then there is a real high-end gourmet restaurant next door. The prices are high, but the quality is excellent. It's probably one of the best, if not the best, airport restaurant in the world.
Old Apr 12, 2008, 10:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Club Lounge 7 days a week

Sitting here right now doing a bit of catching up after the flight over. The food selection is nice. In the morning there were hot and cold buffet options. There is Beer, Wine and soft drinks. This evening there are smoked salmon, cheeses, bread, salad greens with dressing. It is an easy way to stretch the dollar The restaurant prices are quite high as expected. Hours on the door say 7AM to 11PM daily.

Rooms are nice roomy and quiet.

Two highspeed computers if you do not bring your lap top
Old Apr 12, 2008, 7:28 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Has any Platinum ever been upgraded to a suite?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drjazz
I've stayed there maybe 30 or 40 times as Platinum going back about 10 years or so. I've never even seen a suite. Every single time I'm upgraded to the usual Club room.
Old May 21, 2008, 4:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Paris Sheraton Airport

Is there a PLAT lounge at this property?
Old May 21, 2008, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
ive never stayed there, but they do have a club floor, so they probably do. just call and ask (33)(1) 49197070
Old May 21, 2008, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chanp
ive never stayed there, but they do have a club floor, so they probably do. just call and ask (33)(1) 49197070
I already booked the room for tomorrow to get out of the Hilton so either way it doesn't matter. I was just curious if I would be able to enjoy some Borduex before my flight home on Friday.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by drjazz

Yes, 100% of the time (ie twice).
Old May 26, 2008, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Sheraton CDG is certainly the only place to have a decent meal at the airport (very good food, excellent service, but quite expensive)
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question Is a room just a room at the CDG Sheraton?

I need to book a room (using points and $$) at the CDG Sheraton for two adults. I do not have any status. They offer several bed configurations booking this early before my arrival date:

1 king
2 single beds
2 twins join as king

Although a minor detail in the scheme of things.... will one of these bed configurations offer me a bigger and/or better laid out room?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 18, 2008 at 6:09 am Reason: merged into master thread without edit
Old Jun 18, 2008, 2:30 am

The size of the room, irrespective of the type of bed you choose will be the same. Unless you go for Deluxe, Junior suite, etc .
Old Jun 18, 2008, 4:30 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Beware - it is impossible to put a UK converter/adaptor into the power outlets at the desks in this place. (Whether the same is true for other adaptor types I don't know...) This makes it tricky to charge phones, use your laptop etc. unless you unplug the lamp and work in the dark. While it looks quite tidy, whoever came up with that design (especially as it is an airport hotel and therefore has lots of international travellers) needs to think again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.