Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel CDG, France [Master Thread]

Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Keyser
my incoming flight gets in at 10:15pm & my next flight leaves at 10:30am....both flights land & take off from terminal 2....all in all i will probably get less than 10 hours in room....

i've already booked this hotel for 12k points but i have a free night certificate with hilton that is due to expire in a couple of months....i've never stayed here before & only stayed at the hilton once many years ago so don't remember how convenient it is to get to from terminal 2....

for those who have stayed at both properties, which one would you chose in this situation????the sheraton for 12k points or the hilton for a free night with a certificate that is about to expire????
Depends on the shuttle schedule for the Hilton. I'd take free, but money and points matter for me
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pewpew
Depends on the shuttle schedule for the Hilton. I'd take free, but money and points matter for me
fair enough....points & money matter to me as well....
Old Nov 23, 2016, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
You can walk to the Hilton, albeit outdoors. I was there about 10 days ago and walked over even in light drizzle.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl
You can walk to the Hilton, albeit outdoors. I was there about 10 days ago and walked over even in light drizzle.
which terminal did you walk from????
Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Take the CDGVAL (airport train) to terminal 3 and follow the signs for Hilton.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:21 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Suana

The hotel website mentions a Sauna. Does anyone know if the Sauna is single gender or not?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Take the CDGVAL (airport train) to terminal 3 and follow the signs for Hilton.
sounds good....thanks....
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Amex Plat, UA, AA ExPlat, AS, HHonors Diamond, Avis Preferred, Marriott, Priority Pass
Just returned from my mileage run. I was in Room 322. The Sauna is on the 3rd floor. They are single gender. For the men, it was a dry sauna and shower. No toilet. It is opened 24 hours. It was nice way to relax before hitting the rack.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:21 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Had a very brief overnight stay here last night. The hotel brings back memories of the golden years of (weird) French design, with the whole thing apparently meant to conjure up images of an inter-galactic spaceship designed like a cruise liner. Bizarre, but wonderfully French.

I was upgraded to a suite on the 2nd floor which was compact and full of somewhat impractical (again, French designed) furniture. The bed was also the smallest that I've been in for some months now, but again it's probably a reference to its vintage design. Looking at the room plan the other rooms looked tiny, but perhaps our suite wasn't that much larger than a normal room.

We ate at the downstairs restaurant which is apparently run by a wannabe Michelin starred chef. The level of ambition and quality was far and above what one could reasonably expect in an airport Sheraton. There is also a "gourmet" restaurant which is closed on weekends, but selected dishes are available and so my girlfriend was able to order a lobster and chorizo risotto for 45EUR which was well put together. My chicken stir fry was cooked in a traditional French way and came with added foam for effect, which all in all fell rather flat. Still, the restaurant (and weird design) made the hotel memorable for me and it made a pleasant change from reheated food served on plastic plates that I'd gotten used to in the US.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:19 am

Had an overnight here a few weeks ago. Upgrade to a suite at the far end of the building, away from the lifts. The suite was very functional , quite large but almost spartan and the decor rather cold. So in stark contrast to the experience above ( EuropeanPete). I wouldn't have cared much because the weather was so awful it was great to be dry and warm.
The lounge had a few nice bites but I grabbed some tasty fast food from the cafe opposite the entrance, to the left ( I forget the name but it's a well-known chain).
Sometimes I baulk at paying a significant premium for this over the Hyatt but it's probably worth it to avoid the shuttle ( wait plus travel x 2 = 90 minutes) and in any case it's rather nicer IMO
Old May 28, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: *A Gold / ST Elite+ / OWS / EK G / HH Diam. / MR Tit / Hyatt GLOB / IHG Diam. / SL Jade / GHA Tit.
at CDG I much prefer Hilton and marriott but Hilton is my favorite (new rooms are nice)... the Sheraton is a old and tired lady and not that easy to reach from Terminal 1, it's ok from terminal 2 only. If flying star alliance, need to take the train so for me better Hilton, at least you don't feel staying in a capsule as you feel at Sheraton.
They upgrade platinum to a sad suite far from the lift and the "journey" to the so called lounge (depressing room) is a loooong way ))

Hyatt is nice, but too far away and the room are really in urgent need of renovation there.

Overall, CDG is quite poor regarding hotel options anyway imho.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Hi;

I'm leaving from terminal 2A, a 7:30 AM flight, in January. Is it possible to walk indoors from the Sheraton to terminal 2a? Google maps shows wallking outdoors, and that it takes 10 minutes.

If it's easily walkable, the extra sleep not having to worry about a shuttle or a train might be worth it vs. the Hilton (which I gather has nicer rooms).

How often does the CDGVAL run?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you sure you mean 2A? All of T2 is connected indoors to the Sheraton unless there's some construction blocking the way, although some of the far gates require an airside underground little train after check in and passport control.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
Hi;

I'm leaving from terminal 2A, a 7:30 AM flight, in January. Is it possible to walk indoors from the Sheraton to terminal 2a? Google maps shows wallking outdoors, and that it takes 10 minutes.

If it's easily walkable, the extra sleep not having to worry about a shuttle or a train might be worth it vs. the Hilton (which I gather has nicer rooms).
Yes, and IMHO very much worth staying at the Sheraton so you don't have to worry about any sort of train/shuttle to get to 2A. If taking CDGVAL you'd have to walk outside from the Hilton to the station, although they may have a shuttle.

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/docs/de...rsn=9bd907bd_4
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I have walked indoors from the Sheraton to AA in 2A but there is a bunch of construction going on so perhaps you have to go outside now. In any event it is not far and the traffic around CDG during the construction is horrendous so you are better off at the Sheraton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.