Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by iriefrank
There is indeed a card reader along with a small sign noting that you need to card to enter past a certain time. (8? 10? I forgot.)
As a hotel guest, I can park at the WTC and enter the hotel with my room key?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Motion122
That appears to be the case, given the card reader and accompanying sign. I did not try this myself, though. I would be shocked if it didn't work.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by Ready2Go
Actually, it is northeast, across 4th. (Just looked out my window to be sure.)
What is the actual address to WTC, too many one-way streets in downtown LA, don't want to make the wrong turns.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
What is the actual address to WTC, too many one-way streets in downtown LA, don't want to make the wrong turns.
It's officially 350 S Figueroa, but the parking garage IIRC can be accessed from Fig, 3rd, or Flower (and all going one-way clockwise )
Old Apr 29, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Thing is that buck or two is hard to expense.And it all adds up after awhile.
For me-I am syaying on my own dime and will not get anything reimbursed-so I just refuse to park at the hotels lot.
And at the rates I stay at(sub $120)the $35 would be about a third of my rate!
Old May 2, 2007, 3:50 pm
sk3
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
Definitely yes, during the evening hours when the hotel is secured (I believe starting at 9PM) you can use your room key for access to the hotel from the pedestrian bridge. BTW the bridge connecting the WTC and the Bonaventure goes over 4th Street.

Here's a link to google's map which includes labels for the WTC and Bonaventure. You can select google's satellite image, zoom in, and see the bridges for yourself. (You can spot the WTC because it has 6 tennis courts on its roof).

FWIW the WTC also has overstreet pedestrian bridges to the Marriott and the B of A bldg at 333 S. Hope St. (on google this bldg is labeled by previous owner BP Plaza.

(Ready2Go - we're neighbors!)

Edited to add update from earlier post:

I had mentioned a currency exchange business located in the Bonaventure in my Nov 03 post (where DOES the time go!). That company "Foreign Currency Express" has since moved and is now in the WTC just down from the guard desk. Not to advertise this company or anything (I'm not affiliated with it) but just to update my earlier post. FWIW I still buy my euros there.

Last edited by sk3; May 2, 2007 at 4:04 pm
Old May 3, 2007, 1:53 am

Programs: Whole Lot of Nothin' anymore - Thanks to baby!
The Marriott is relatively close and only charges $16.50 a night to overnighters. I wonder if they would extend that to someone not even staying at the hotel. Last time I was at the westin (last year) I asked the Marriott valets and they said, yes, we will extend the $16.50 rate to anyone who overnight parks.

Maybe an option if someone is interested in confirming that.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 9:46 pm

Fantastic stay!

What a great stay this past weekend!
Both my sister and I received suite upgrade=she was thrilled.
Front desk checkinwas very nice,very gracious-calling the room after check in to make sure I was pleased with the room.
Staff was so fantastic this weekend-and boy were they busy!
Management in evidence everywhere on the first floor-gretting guest and asking how folks were enjoying their stays.Even caught the GM helping to get a spill on the marble floor cleaned up.
Kudos to the GM and his staff for making my sisters stay in LA so very memorable.
Letters of commendation will be written.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:36 pm

Can you walk to the garment district from this hotel and if so would it be a safe walk for two ladys? How close to LAX is this hotel and what would a cab or other transportation run from LAX?

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:39 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
The garment district is about 5-10 blocks. Some hills.

About 30 minutes by taxi from LAX.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:13 am

Thumbs up Westin Bonaventure is really out to win your buisness

The new management team at the Bonaventure have rolled out a new program to entice Gold and Platinum SPG guests to make the Bonaventure their choice of lodging in LA.
First off-the management team is all about being visable and accessable to guests.
They have also included a lot of goodies for golds and plats-free wine flights/beers,free breakfasts,free internet access,and upgraded room ammenities.

Kudos to the new Management team at the Westin Bonaventure ^
Old Dec 10, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: * A
Great news ^. Wouldn't it be nice if they offered some special 3000/5000 bonus points like the neighbor (gateway)?

great going the new management team ^
Old Dec 10, 2007, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
The new management team at the Bonaventure have rolled out a new program to entice Gold and Platinum SPG guests to make the Bonaventure their choice of lodging in LA.
First off-the management team is all about being visable and accessable to guests.
They have also included a lot of goodies for golds and plats-free wine flights/beers,free breakfasts,free internet access,and upgraded room ammenities.

Kudos to the new Management team at the Westin Bonaventure ^
Good to hear. The free internet access has always been there for Plats. The one bedrooms suites have always had upgraded amenities like shaving cream, blade, etc.

Now, do you mind elaborating on what other "goodies" Plats get? Wine, beer, and breakfast? How so? rooms don't have minibars, do they give out vouchers to the bar and restaurants now? Or were they just being generous to you?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Before he left about 8+ years ago, Bob (what was his last name--the Gen Manager) always seemed make Plats feel welcome.

The upgrades to 1-bedroom suites is nice.
Old Dec 10, 2007, 12:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
This is one of my favorite hotels. As noted by others, this hotel has, for years, been one of the best at acknowledging Platinums. (The wine flight is a nice addition (but you need to arrive by 9) and the breakfast is a great deal, because the buffet here is really good.)

Last edited by sbrower; Dec 12, 2007 at 1:44 am Reason: Correction

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.