Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Bonaventure Los Angeles [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by azeckel
I used to stay downtown every week and I moved over to the Sheraton (during construction) because there is literally nothing within a 3 block radius of the Westin that is open for food after 7pm during the week.
Border Grill is across the street and is open until 9 pm (10 pm on weekends).
Old May 10, 2016, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by sbrower
The best one they gave me at the Bonaventure was two stories. The top floor had TWO bedroom suites (each one was a "2 pie section" suite with the separate living room and bedroom and 2 bathrooms). Downstairs was 6 pie sections including a dining room table for 10, a game room with bar and sound system, and a large bedroom. Is that like what they gave you at the Sheraton?
I've had that room. Somewhere upthread or in an older Bonaventure thread I talk about my stay there. I don't know of anything comparable at the Sheraton, but I only saw that Bonaventure suite once in about 750-800 nights.
Old May 11, 2016, 9:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Any photos since the renovation?
Old Aug 17, 2016, 9:11 am

Grand View, Deluxe Room, or One-Bedroom Tower Suite??

Which do you recommend?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:46 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
How long does it normally take for stays at the Westin Bonaventure to post to SPG? Most of my stays at other SPG properties post the day after check-out, but it has been 5 days since check-out and my stay still hasn't posted yet...

I assume Sheraton Grand LA and Westin Bonaventure share a computer system as Sheraton was able to see my stays over at the Westin. My stay at the Sheraton hasn't posted either...
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
How long does it normally take for stays at the Westin Bonaventure to post to SPG? Most of my stays at other SPG properties post the day after check-out, but it has been 5 days since check-out and my stay still hasn't posted yet...

I assume Sheraton Grand LA and Westin Bonaventure share a computer system as Sheraton was able to see my stays over at the Westin. My stay at the Sheraton hasn't posted either...
Depends on when the hotels processes the stay/stays and when SPG does a "sweep". Generally in the last few weeks of the year, points appear to post more faster and more frequently. If they don't show up after 7 days fill out a missing stay report.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Border Grill is across the street and is open until 9 pm (10 pm on weekends).
Bunker Hill Bar and Grill is a block away and is open until at least 10.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:27 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Great Stay - Great Platinum Benefits

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

404 S Figueroa St Los Angeles, CA US 90071

Great Stay - Great Platinum Benefits (2 Photos)

Check In

We arrived from LAX at 3:30 p.m. at the Figueroa Street entrance.  This entrance is one level below the lobby entrance.  Upon going up the escalator to the lobby level, we waited on the SPG Gold/Platinum rug awaiting our turn in the Elite check in line as the FDC was assisting another customer.  We were the only one in line while there were five in the other line.  After about 30 seconds in line, a gentlemen with a two-way radio came up and greeted us and got on his radio.  Immediately, two additional FDCs appeared to help check in customers.

The FDC thank me for being Platinum and then noted that my reservation indicated a 3:00 p.m. late check out.  She asked if I needed a 4:00 p.m. check out instead.  She also asked about my welcome amenity.

From the time we arrived at the hotel until the time we left the front desk was less than five minutes.

Room

Upon arrival at LAX I opened the SPG app and noticed that I had been upgraded from the reserved Deluxe King to a One-Bedroom Tower Suite.  This was a mid-week two-night stay.

The room was spotless.  Even though it had not been upgraded to the latest Westin standard with additional electrical outlets with USB ports, the room was well-maintained.  The shower had plenty of water pressure.

This is a stock photo of the room and our 11th floor room looked exactly like this.

wes1004gr.108232_xx.jpg

This is the view from our room

1_tlPU%%vjQZ2AzUACCT50oQ.jpg

Service

Every employee with whom we interacted was extremely friendly.  We requested housekeeping service during a certain time while we would be out of the room and the room was serviced as requested.

Dining

LA Prime We had made previous reservations for dinner at LA Prime, located on the top floor. The service was excellent as was the view. We were seated in a booth with a view of downtown Los Angeles. The booth settings are very intimate and perfect for a couple.

I would rate our food as from Very Good to Excellent. The food was very tasty but my steak was slightly overcooked.  A decent wine selection is also available.

BonaVista Lounge After dinner we went down one level to the BonaVista Lounge which is a rotating lounge floor with great views. Both the service and drinks were very good.

The Lobby Court The lobby bar is named The Lobby Court. We seated ourselves at a raised two-top next to the lobby water feature.  It took five minutes before anyone waited on us. After our drinks were delivered, no one ever came back. Ten minutes after my glass was empty, I walked to the bar and asked if we could close out our tab and move to the bar. We did so and the bartenders delivered excellent service to us and to all others seated at the bar.

If you want privacy, sit at a table. If you want drinks and excellent service, sit at the bar.

Lakeview Bistro Also located on the lobby level is the Lakeview Bistro restaurant. This restaurant serves breakfast and lunch.

The Platinum breakfast is served in this location and consists of a full breakfast buffet. There was a large selection of pastries, fruits, scrambled eggs, eggs Benedict, bacon, sausage, shredded hashbrowns, smoked salmon, etc.  You do not have to sign anything for the Platinum breakfast. You do present a voucher to the hostess. The waiter addressed me by name so apparently the hostess passes this information onto the wait staff.

We did eat lunch at this restaurant and the service was great.  Food was also very good. The lunch menu is limited but what we had was good.

Our primary reason for picking this location was to attend a Dodgers baseball game. It was a good location for that and a $12 Uber ride accomplished our goal.  The hotel is also located only two to three blocks from a major shopping area called FIGat7th (Figueroa & 7th Street).

Overall

This was a very good stay.  The only issue was trying to locate the pool which is on the 4th floor of the hotel/shopping complex. The facility's directory map shows it as space 409.  However, 409 is a shop and is not close to the pool.

We would definitely return to this location if our needs were downtown LA or another Dodgers game.

Great Stay - Great Platinum Benefits

Would you like to write a review on the The Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites?

No, thank you.
Yes
3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 4:14 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I'm presently staying at the Bonaventure, and it's the saddest I've ever seen this property. The nightly rate was $72,- ($84-$89 for non-corporate guests). They gave me parking for $25,-. I also took advantage of breakfast from their faux Starbucks cafe. Generally, the product offerings are of better quality than Starbucks. Restaurants and room service still shuttered. Valet parking is now self-parking. I'm just shocked that occupancy is sooooo low. The property appears to be hurting pretty bad. From what I understand, it was previously housing homeless during the initial phase of COVID-19. It appears that is no longer the case. They also started replacing furniture. New couches and chairs for their tower suite living areas. Looks like they might've picked it up at a Crate and Barrel sale, but it was comfortable and less gross than the previous couches.
anteater likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 8:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm just shocked that occupancy is sooooo low.
Who needs to be in DTLA? No conventions, vast majority of office workers are now WFH.

Same in SF, NYC, Seattle, etc.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm presently staying at the Bonaventure, and it's the saddest I've ever seen this property. The nightly rate was $72,- ($84-$89 for non-corporate guests). They gave me parking for $25,-. I also took advantage of breakfast from their faux Starbucks cafe. Generally, the product offerings are of better quality than Starbucks. Restaurants and room service still shuttered. Valet parking is now self-parking. I'm just shocked that occupancy is sooooo low. The property appears to be hurting pretty bad. From what I understand, it was previously housing homeless during the initial phase of COVID-19. It appears that is no longer the case. They also started replacing furniture. New couches and chairs for their tower suite living areas. Looks like they might've picked it up at a Crate and Barrel sale, but it was comfortable and less gross than the previous couches.
Up until yesterday, hotels in most of CA were supposed to be open only for essential travelers and a few select groups.

Hotels should be empty in CA.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 1:34 pm

While trying to locate my CC certs on the website, I managed to resurrect a cert from a booking originally made pre-Covid and cancelled due to Covid. Much to my surprise, I was able to get a booking at the Bonaventure for a busy Saturday night last weekend in DTLA with the lowly 35k AMEX cert from 2020. I had only stayed here once, well over a decade ago, and I did not remember it fondly. However, I have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised by this property. The common areas are much more architecturally interesting than I remembered, and I was happy to have the opportunity to leisurely stroll through the 6-floor common area a few different times. The 6th floor entrance/exit to Hope St via the YMCA came in quite handy, but the main entrance on Figueroa was locked, with signs directing guests to the Flower St entrance. As to be expected, there are a lot of empty retail/restaurant spaces in the atrium, and most of the remaining restaurants are closed on the weekend. The location was perfect for me, since I was attending a concert a couple blocks away. It is an easy walk to two different subway stations, and the Silver Line express buses stop just outside. The area is actually fairly quite and clean by downtown LA standards, as the freeway creates a bit of a buffer zone.

The recently remodeled room was pleasant and functional, with a rainforest/hand-wand-combo showerhead and a very comfortable bed. My room was right next to the elevator, but I did not hear anything all night long. I never received my digital key, which was a blessing as they provided me with free breakfast certificate at the check-in desk, in spite of my lowly Gold status. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good, with eggs Benedict, scrambled egg whites, and a few other less common items, supplementing the usual suspects of scrambled eggs, bacon, and mass-produced pancakes. Despite the website stating that the pool was only open from 10am to 8pm, the signage on the pool and in the lobby stated it was open from 6am to 10pm. Since I much prefer my pools to be empty, a 6am swim in the large heated pool was perfect for me. This hotel also does not charge for dogs and they have a large grassy area next to the pool. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here and I would definitely return on a future staycation in DTLA, especially if I can use my AMEX cert.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by downinit
While trying to locate my CC certs on the website, I managed to resurrect a cert from a booking originally made pre-Covid and cancelled due to Covid. Much to my surprise, I was able to get a booking at the Bonaventure for a busy Saturday night last weekend in DTLA with the lowly 35k AMEX cert from 2020. I had only stayed here once, well over a decade ago, and I did not remember it fondly. However, I have to say I was quite pleasantly surprised by this property. The common areas are much more architecturally interesting than I remembered, and I was happy to have the opportunity to leisurely stroll through the 6-floor common area a few different times. The 6th floor entrance/exit to Hope St via the YMCA came in quite handy, but the main entrance on Figueroa was locked, with signs directing guests to the Flower St entrance. As to be expected, there are a lot of empty retail/restaurant spaces in the atrium, and most of the remaining restaurants are closed on the weekend. The location was perfect for me, since I was attending a concert a couple blocks away. It is an easy walk to two different subway stations, and the Silver Line express buses stop just outside. The area is actually fairly quite and clean by downtown LA standards, as the freeway creates a bit of a buffer zone.

The recently remodeled room was pleasant and functional, with a rainforest/hand-wand-combo showerhead and a very comfortable bed. My room was right next to the elevator, but I did not hear anything all night long. I never received my digital key, which was a blessing as they provided me with free breakfast certificate at the check-in desk, in spite of my lowly Gold status. The breakfast buffet was surprisingly good, with eggs Benedict, scrambled egg whites, and a few other less common items, supplementing the usual suspects of scrambled eggs, bacon, and mass-produced pancakes. Despite the website stating that the pool was only open from 10am to 8pm, the signage on the pool and in the lobby stated it was open from 6am to 10pm. Since I much prefer my pools to be empty, a 6am swim in the large heated pool was perfect for me. This hotel also does not charge for dogs and they have a large grassy area next to the pool. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here and I would definitely return on a future staycation in DTLA, especially if I can use my AMEX cert.
Thanks for the positive review! I have always wanted to stay here and have walked through the common areas several times. I had always been put off by bad reviews, but I should try it the next time I'm in the city. Glad to hear renovations are happening!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta Gold
Good to hear that it is getting better. I've stayed here for weeks at a time during Q1 since my office has its HQ across the street. I also noticed that since so many things have closed in the atrium, they did comp my breakfast there my whole stay and I'm also just a lowly gold member.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by controller1
Check In We arrived from LAX at 3:30 p.m. at the Figueroa Street entrance. This entrance is one level below the lobby entrance. Upon going up the escalator to the lobby level, we waited on the SPG Gold/Platinum rug awaiting our turn in the Elite check in line as the FDC was assisting another customer. We were the only one in line while there were five in the other line. After about 30 seconds in line, a gentlemen with a two-way radio came up and greeted us and got on his radio. Immediately, two additional FDCs appeared to help check in customers.The FDC thank me for being Platinum and then noted that my reservation indicated a 3:00 p.m. late check out. The hotel is also located only two to three blocks from a major shopping area called FIGat7th (Figueroa & 7th Street). Overall This was a very good stay. The only issue was trying to locate the pool which is on the 4th floor of the hotel/shopping complex. The facility's directory map shows it as space 409. However, 409 is a shop and is not close to the pool.We would definitely return to this location if our needs were downtown LA or another Dodgers game.
I know this is quite old and what caught my eye is that I too will be going to a Dodger game from the Bonaventure. You say you took Uber, where did they drop you off and where did you catch the return to the hotel ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.