Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by EricH
Gratis, at least for beer and wine. I don't recall if there was anything else as I wasn't in the market for anything else.
The cocktails were gratis as well.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by forextrader
Just had the pleasure of spending 3 days at this incredible hotel. We had booked for our Silver Anniversary, and had put in a request for "something special" if at all possible. To add, I do not hold any special status with SPG.

The hotel provided us with a Park View Suite which is more like an apartment - just sensational !!

http://www.sheratonparklane.com/rooms/parkview

When we came back from the theatre on our first night, a very nice Prosecco was waiting for us.

Club room staff were top notch, as well as any requests from housekeeping.

A wonderful taste of the 1930's Art Deco scene together with all the mod cons - and probably the most comfortable bed I have slept in.

And to top it all off - fabulous weather in London - ate outdoors twice and had drinks on the roof bar of The Trafalgar (part of the Hilton group) - wonderful views, and drinks at very fair prices, given the position.
I'm looking at booking this room on points, for a trip with my wife and 6 year old daughter. The room certainly looks big enough to get a rollaway into. Is there just one bathroom in the room or is there a half bath as well?
Old Feb 18, 2017, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I had it confirmed that you can choose full breakfast as your Platinum Welcome Gift still yes.
Any recent update to this?
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by dingo
Any recent update to this?
They no longer offer this, they honoured it for all my bookings made before policy change.

Last I heard it is a £5 per person per day cost to upgrade to breakfast in the restaurant rather than lounge.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:35 pm

They no longer offer this, they honoured it for all my bookings made before policy change.

Last I heard it is a £5 per person per day cost to upgrade to breakfast in the restaurant rather than lounge.
Had a stay in November. It was £10 per person and not worth it as it was very similar to what they had in the lounge. The lounge is a slight upgrade to normal hotel lounge breakfast but nothing special. The majority of the food was cold (even the food that was supposed to be hot)
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I stayed here for a couple of nights last week and was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting just a really expensive Sheraton, but it was positioned halfway between a Sheraton and a European Luxury Collection (or the new Sheraton Grand, I guess).

Considering the location by Park Lane, the rooms are surprisingly large and I paid a presumably unusually low rate of under £200 per night.

Staff were sharp and attentive, and they obviously had a lot of guests who spent a lot of time there. When I want to be near Mayfair and the price is reasonable I won't hesitate to stay again.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone confirm when the restaurant opens? The website states The Palm Court hours as 10:00 AM to 12:30 AM. That can't be accurate, can it? 10:00 AM for breakfast?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
The Palm Court is not the restaurant, which is open for breakfast but I don't know its hours.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:02 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat

Is this still the case? (looking to stay there during Wimbledon)

I got a confirmed booking at W already but after reading its thread, i think this hotel is the most attractive option (i can afford).
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:35 am

My wife, 7-year old daughter and I had an 8 night award stay here in late May; I have Starwood Platinum status. I booked a Superior room, which I believe is one level above their standard room. I did this b/c I needed a room that could accommodate a rollaway for my daughter, and the standard could not. I then applied enough SNA's for the entire stay, choosing a Park View Suite.

Before I get into any of the details let me say: this was an absolutely wonderful stay in every respect. The staff, room, hotel, lounge were all great and exceeded my expectations.

Prior to arrival, I corresponded with some of the hotel staff on tour options and some special requests. I received some great insight and suggestions. On the special requests, wow! My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan and I had mentioned that she and I were going to the play. I'd also mentioned that we were celebrating her birthday with this trip. The staff made up a treat made to look like the image used on The Cursed Child posters. It was completely over the top.

Five days prior to arrival I received the e-mail confirmation that our upgrade had gone through. I was frankly surprised as I have not been able to use my SNA's for several years and figured that using them for such a long stay wouldn't be successful.

We were assigned room 241 on check in. Our room wasn't ready so we were shown to the lounge. It was mid-day and the front desk put a rush on our room. We ordered some food from the Palm Court menu, got online, and waited until our room was ready. The lounge had non-alcoholic beverages and some light snacks available, and was generally quiet mid-day.

When our room was ready, we headed up and were pleased to find that our luggage was waiting for us. The room was large. Good sized bathroom and bedroom set off by itself with a door. In the main part of the room, there was a dining room table that accommodated 6, two couches facing each other with a table in between, two side chairs, a desk with several power outlets, a nook with a tea/coffee pot, and the entry way. It was a big room; big enough that my daughter's rollaway was able to be set up without moving any other furniture around or being crammed in. FWIW, I loved that the bed was already set up. One of my pet peeves is requesting the rollaway bed in advance and then waiting around for it to be brought up upon check in. There were two large TV's (bedroom, main room). There were two sliding doors that did not open that, if they did, would have gone out to a small balcony overlooking the street and park.

The bathroom was spacious: two sinks, toilet, shower and tub in a separated section. I'm not a toiletry snob, but they had Molton Brown toiletries. The bathroom was big enough for all three of us to be in there getting ready for the day at one time.

Maid service was great each day. Plenty of towels replenished, coffee / tea supplies refilled. Just good solid service.

The lounge was good and worked for us. The breakfast is certainly not a full buffet, but it worked. I didn't ask about the upgrade to a full restaurant breakfast, but I don't know that we would have done it even if we could have. There were plenty of cured meats / fish, cheeses, breads (pastries and breads), yogurt, cereal, juices, dried and not dried fruits, spreads for the breads, and two to three hots. The hots were rotated and included: pancakes, waffles (never on the same day), scrambled eggs, eggs benedict, poached eggs on toast, bread pudding, or sausage. It worked just fine for us. There was a coffee / cappuccino machine, sodas, and waters available throughout the day. We were never there for anything that may have been served during mid-day. In the evenings, there is free wine, beer, booze along with a couple of hot appetizers and several cold munchies. We didn't eat any of the food in the evenings but did partake in wine and beer. We also ordered dinner in the club a couple of times while we were planning our following day. We had burgers and sandwiches, and it was good food. It was brought in from Palm Court with no problems.

We had evening drinks in Palm Court on a couple of evenings. The service was great, and the drinks were tasty. The prices seemed to be reasonable with what we saw around the rest of London. They did include a 12.5% gratuity so keep your eyes open. We saw this at a few other places around London as well. I'm not crazy about the practice personally, though again it is not unique to the hotel.

We didn't use or even look at the workout room. Once onsite, we didn't use the Concierge services.

The WiFi was easy and fast. We had up to four devices connected and didn't have any problems. It was free to us in the lounge, lobby, and rooms.

We didn't really use room service (bucket of ice).

So overall, I really really liked this hotel and found the people that helped us to be great. I've stayed at the JW and Le Meridien in the last three years. I would put this hotel well above the LM and would also put it above the JW. I know people may take issue with that last statement; here's why I make it. I am plat / lifetime plat with both programs. That status got me an upgrade to a suite at the Sheraton; it got me nothing at the JW (got an upgrade, but had to pay for it at the front desk). The newly refurbished rooms at the Sheraton were, in my case, every bit as nice as the rooms I've had at the JW. The lounge offerings, for me, are on par with each other. So if I were to return and pick one of these three hotels, I'd pick the Sheraton. Of course, I'd pick a Starwood property over a Marriott property almost any day of the week if I have status b/c that status just means more with Starwood.

I intend to write a letter to the hotel's GM calling out some individuals who helped us by name, and letting him/her know how great our stay was.

Tried to be thorough, but happy to answer questions if I can.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
have any SPG golds stayed here and been upgraded from a Club room to a Suite? Also, what does "choice of Mayfair experience" mean in the Park Suite details?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:36 pm

I don’t know. I don’t know.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Is this a better option than LE Meridien and W?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:18 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Isochronous
Is this a better option than LE Meridien and W?
Yes. It’s a surprisingly good hotel. I’ve not been at the Le Meridien for years but definitely avoid the W.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: UAL - Premier, SPG - Plat
MAyfair experience

Originally Posted by sarahluv
have any SPG golds stayed here and been upgraded from a Club room to a Suite? Also, what does "choice of Mayfair experience" mean in the Park Suite details?
they didn't do a good job in explaining the Mayfair experience in their website. But - in our last trip in Dec, we were asked to pick 1 out of 3 choices:
1. Free tea time in their main restaurant in the hotel bar (retail value gbp 80?)
2. Hair cut and grooming for men in nearby barber
3. Mani pedi for women (can't remember the location)

we picked #1 , and had a fun experience
sarahluv likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.