Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand London Park Lane, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:31 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ramraideruk
It couldn't be easier. Get the piccadilly line from Heathrow to Hyde Park corner. Ask any station staff for the exit for the hotel. It will be a walk of five mins max.
Do ask, as there's more than one "way out" and taking the wrong one would def. add unecessary time & steps to your trip.

From Heathrow tube station to Hyde Park is 45 minutes. In addition to being by far the cheapest option, it's possibly the fastest. It's actually faster than taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington & transferring, from line to line (Bakerloo, Juilbee, etc. vs. no transfers on the Picadilly).

TONS of threads/posts here in the SPG forum covering this hotel, if you need some honest reviews (incl. several less-than-stellar ones) of the hotel.

Last edited by skye1; Apr 18, 2007 at 11:25 am
Old Apr 17, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skye1
Do ask, as there's more than one "way out" and taking the wrong one would def. add unecessary time & steps to your trip.
From Heathrow to Hyde Park is, IIRC, about 45 minutes on the Pic. line...sometimes longer, occasionally less. ,Def. the cheapest. And, I think it's been well-established that it's actually faster than taking the Heathrow Express to Paddington & transferring.
TONS of threads/posts here in the SPG forum covering this hotel, if you need some honest reviews (incl. several less-than-stellar ones) of the hotel.
Definitely faster than any form of road transport, especially in the morning or early evening, due to traffic. Hyde Park Corner is close to the Park Lane Hotel, but do ask the staff in the station ticket hall for details of which exit from the station to use, or consult the map on the wall next to where you exit the ticket barriers.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Though one more stop further away, Green Park is also pretty convenient, though IME a bit further walk from the hotel. The nice thing is that its extremely easy direction wise since the entrances/exits aren't as confusing as Hyde Park Corner and you just head straight on Piccadilly along the park.

For general reference, here is the map of the area:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=l&hl...1,0.09407&om=1
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
I go up to the Information counter, copy down a few 800 numbers for mini-cabs and call up and ask how much they want to go from Heathrow Terminal N to the hotel.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 9:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by ajnaro
I go up to the Information counter, copy down a few 800 numbers for mini-cabs and call up and ask how much they want to go from Heathrow Terminal N to the hotel.
You must be on an expense account

Taking the tube is easy, less of a hassle (not dealing with London city traffic), and faster as well as a lot less expensive.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Heathrow Express to Paddington, then Bakerloo Line to Baker Street, cross the platform at Baker Street then Jubilee Line to Green Park. The Park Lane is 5 minutes walk from Green Park. This trip will cost more than a pure tube journey but will take approximately half the time.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 9:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Heathrow Express to Paddington, then Bakerloo Line to Baker Street, cross the platform at Baker Street then Jubilee Line to Green Park. The Park Lane is 5 minutes walk from Green Park. This trip will cost more than a pure tube journey but will take approximately half the time.
No way !

Journey time from the main Heathrow tube station to Hyde Park Corner tube station is 43 minutes, with no changes. Tubes depart every 3 or 4 minutes.

The Heathrow Express takes 15 minutes from the main Heathrow rail station to Paddington rail station, but these only run every 15 minutes so chances are you'll have to wait a while.
Once at Paddington, it will take at least a further 20 minutes to get to the hotel on the tube with a further change at Baker Street and a walk from Green Park. Don't even THINK of taking this route with luggage or in the rush hour !

Edited to add : and it will cost you four or five times the money too.....

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Apr 18, 2007 at 10:01 am
Old Apr 18, 2007, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I agree wholeheartedly. Take the tube all the way, its super convenient, albeit quite crowded at rush hour times.

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
No way !

Journey time from the main Heathrow tube station to Hyde Park Corner tube station is 43 minutes, with no changes. Tubes depart every 3 or 4 minutes.

The Heathrow Express takes 15 minutes from the main Heathrow rail station to Paddington rail station, but these only run every 15 minutes so chances are you'll have to wait a while.
Once at Paddington, it will take at least a further 20 minutes to get to the hotel on the tube with a further change at Baker Street and a walk from Green Park. Don't even THINK of taking this route with luggage or in the rush hour !

Edited to add : and it will cost you four or five times the money too.....
Old Apr 18, 2007, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Is it a viable compromise to take the Heathrow Express and then a taxi from Paddington? Or does that get me the worst of cost AND the worst of delay?

Travelling with luggage for 12 days, from LAX (arr 3pm).

Also, what about from the Park Lane to LGW, for a 9-something AM flight?

thx.
Old Apr 18, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CO FF
Is it a viable compromise to take the Heathrow Express and then a taxi from Paddington? Or does that get me the worst of cost AND the worst of delay?
Like the saying goes, "If you have to ask...."

Also, what about from the Park Lane to LGW, for a 9-something AM flight?
There are several options for this. You'd have to get over to Victoria to take the Gatwick Express. Or, there are several not as well-published but just as fast AND much cheaper rail options for getting out to LGW, from various tube/train stops in London, depending on which of these you could easily get yourself to.---there's a boatload of information on it in the London forum in the Travel/Dining section----http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362477
Old Apr 19, 2007, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've done this. The only thing going for it is that it's a bit more comfortable than the tube option (or the HEX-to-tube) option. It's also probably the fastest, though not by much, assuming you don't get stuck in bad traffic in central London. Obviously it's the most expensive option, short of a taxi all the way.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:15 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Do Platinum members get complimentary breakfast? Just curious...
Old May 9, 2007, 11:28 am

Beware of the fact that the hotel is not fully air conditioned. When I last stayed there only some floors had AC, and the AC was feeble in the rooms on those floors. This can make for a very uncomfortable stay on a hot summer London day. And the London summers seem to be getting hotter. Global warming and all, you know.....
Old May 9, 2007, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
If we're on award stay, can we specify AC room? Or they automatically put award people in non-AC floor?
Old May 9, 2007, 1:37 pm

Programs: American Airlines, starwood
I believe I was told that the studio suites and suites have the best air conditioning, and that's where we stayed both times.( an award stay)..go back ad read my orig post about our stay on pg. 1, I think. The basic room is awful!

Last edited by shar161; May 9, 2007 at 1:38 pm Reason: added more info

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.