Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Dubai: which Starwood property? [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubai: which Starwood property? [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by HHQX888
If you are platinium take cheapest option and they will upgrade you to Jr.Suite with windows facing on second tower or if you have better lucky to suite on higher floor. End of may starts off season in GH. Still good hotel in Dubai, same changes down but I always stay in GH if I have stopover in UAE.
thanks, not sure yet.

Did Platinum Challenge before 1st of April 2015. Some say platinum is then only for 2015, others say until feb 2017. I'm still platinum now, but have to wait and see for the rest of year. (after feb)

But, if not. What room then? I'm doing a BRG at the moment for a Suite Deluxe
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:03 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
The sheraton Diera is leaving Starwood. I received an email this morning

Hereby we would like to inform you Sheraton Deira Hotel will no longer be managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. as of March 31st, 2016 and no longer be part of the Sheraton brand portfolio. Reservations for dates on or after the set date will not be eligible for benefits, award redemption or accrual of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, nor any other standards or policy of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Thank you and Best Regards.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stanontour
The sheraton Diera is leaving Starwood. I received an email this morning

Hereby we would like to inform you Sheraton Deira Hotel will no longer be managed by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. as of March 31st, 2016 and no longer be part of the Sheraton brand portfolio. Reservations for dates on or after the set date will not be eligible for benefits, award redemption or accrual of the Starwood Preferred Guest program, nor any other standards or policy of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.

Thank you and Best Regards.
sad to see this property go....my last couple of stays here had been pretty good....
Old Mar 12, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
This is very bad news.....at the cheaper end of the spectrum but in an ok location and lounge facilities for plats that make it great all round value.

I'll go and have a chat with the management and see what gives!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:39 pm

Very good step in Dubai, if this hotel leaving SPG.
Sheraton Deira, bye bye
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by spideysense
How is the Executive lounge at the Westin Mina Seyahi? I'm interested in the food spread they have there. If anyone has been, please do share.
Stayed in March 2015. Didn't think much of the Executive lounge. Personally I wouldn't pay extra for lounge access here unless it's changed now. I didn't have a choice as I booked on points and wanted sea-view. Only availability was executive sea-view. Btw hotel's really nice.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:18 pm

I have a none cancellable rate at the Sheraton Deira next month.

Can it be cancelled now that this hotel is leaving Starwood at end of the month? Doesn't make sense if I can't accrue spg points and qualified nights now.

Would I stand a chance to cancel since the terms and conditions have completely changed?
Old Mar 13, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by maxp0wers

Can it be cancelled now that this hotel is leaving Starwood at end of the month? Doesn't make sense if I can't accrue spg points and qualified nights now.

Would I stand a chance to cancel since the terms and conditions have completely changed?
I would think so, since the statement from the hotel makes it clear that thespg t&c doesn't apply anymore. Just contact spg I would say
Old Mar 13, 2016, 2:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Strange - I was just planning trips to Dubai in April and the Sheraton Deira kept popping up well into the month. Is that a glitch or are there other things happening?

Also have two stays planned within the coming three weeks - one at Le Méridien Dubai and the other at the Sheraton Grand. Will report back on both of them ASAP.

khabah
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by maxp0wers

I cannot speak for this specific hotel, but I've had reservations in 3 starwood hotels that were closing or changing brands and in all 3 cases (after ignoring emails like these for months) I got relocated to another nearby starwood hotel (often more expensive) with a similar room and no rate change.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:16 am

I contacted the hotel directly last night and they cancelled my room free if charge because of the change.
Old Mar 16, 2016, 1:02 am

Sheraton deira is a great value for money cause they offer the 3000 points package for all types of rooms with only a small mark-up over the prepaid rate.
However they are leaving starwood at the end of this month.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 6:53 pm

I am platinum and am thinking of 3 nights at LRM, using points.
5 people. 18, 20, 22 - "kids".
Thinking LRM because it seems like kids will like the night life.
probably 3 rooms - unless my platinum status will likely upgrade to something?
Do platinums get any free drinks?
Any other benefits?
rooms seem to be pricing at around $280, for late May.
Thanks for any and all tips!
Old Apr 17, 2016, 5:45 am

I am considering staying at the LRM Dubai with my family in June. I am SPG Platinum and was wondering if I book 2 rooms at the 50% off second room rate, will both rooms be upgraded to the Royal tower? Also, will I receive stay and night credits for both rooms?

Thanks
Old May 4, 2016, 9:09 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Any feedback on Meridien Mina Seyahi? Not much info about this property here and it does not seem to have its own thread either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.