Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Seattle, WA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anyone have any ideas why the Sheraton is showing $249 for a prepaid rate vs !!!$949 for a flexible rate for October 17-22????

thanks
FDW
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Did the date of posting have anything to do with it?
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Which of the three downtown properties would be best for New Year's Eve? And which would give the best opportunity for a successful Suite Night Award request?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
$15 a night difference between the Westin and the 4P Downtown for the nights I'm looking at. The Westin seems to be better these days but can't find much on the 4P - any thoughts / tips?

Could do one night at the 4P and one at the Sheraton or W too for the same price as two nights at the Westin. (Sadly can't quite stretch to two nights at the Sheraton / W.)
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Cannot seem to find anything very recent on where to stay in SEA and now with being able to transfer points to use Marriott properties I have a few options as some properties are not available.

The Sheraton Seattle, the W (only two doubles), Four Points. Westin is sold out. And the Renaissance on the Marriott side (a few more points but would include lounge / breakfast).

Any help?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:35 pm

ddjen11

Looking too for March, appears to have good availability for walking range to Pike place market. The parking is insane up to $50+ a night. Parking package helps. Also the double-take is really lame, only for room I believe.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
On the Marriott side the courtyard in pioneer square is very nice and well located.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ddjen11
Looking too for March, appears to have good availability for walking range to Pike place market. The parking is insane up to $50+ a night. Parking package helps. Also the double-take is really lame, only for room I believe.
Depending on where you stay in Seattle, I've found 30$ self parking lots and garages near the Sheraton and Westin downtown seattle. If you are travelling on business, I've found lots/garages with 12-15 overnight with no in and out privleges.

The 4P on the other hand doesn't have many options so you are stuck with the hotel garage parking.

-A
Old Feb 20, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Still looking for Seattle this summer and just noticed that for all of June and July the Westin is unavailable for SPG redemption. Is that normal in summer months?
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Still looking for Seattle this summer and just noticed that for all of June and July the Westin is unavailable for SPG redemption. Is that normal in summer months?
What is your search criteria?

My search shows The Westin Seattle is available for SPG redemption on 56 of the 61 days in June and July.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
What is your search criteria?

My search shows The Westin Seattle is available for SPG redemption on 56 of the 61 days in June and July.
June 29 - July 5th

Knowing it is over the 4th I was not surprised, but then I used the "are your dates flexible" button and they were all grey.

Very well could be user error!

EDITED to add: Tried again and now it is showing and the 29th is the problem.... That was odd.

Last edited by fwfdan; Feb 20, 2017 at 12:36 pm Reason: retried and it now works.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: AC *50K MM; WS Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
So I've read through this and the other Seattle threads, and I still have no clarity, so I thought I'd post the question here and seek more recent points of view. Will be in Seattle for two nights coming in on the Victoria Clipper (Pier 69) to play tourist. We want to walk and use public transportation, and we'll Uber it if necessary for longer distances. The W, the Westin and the Sheraton all price out at 12K points per night -- so just trying to determine which one to pick. In terms of rack rate, the W is the highest at USD 285, the Westin next at USD 258 and the Sheraton at USD 209. As I am Gold now, breakfast is no longer an included amenity. We'll be eating out -- we're casual diners, nothing fancy.

Recommendations as to which of the three to go with?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
W and Sheraton are better locations; Westin is just a bit further from actual downtown. I stayed at W once, finding the room "tired". No real knowledge of the Sheraton.

Came to this thread initially to say that rooms at the Westin Bellevue are very nice.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
W and Sheraton are better locations; Westin is just a bit further from actual downtown. I stayed at W once, finding the room "tired". No real knowledge of the Sheraton.

Came to this thread initially to say that rooms at the Westin Bellevue are very nice.
I just booked the Westin Seattle based on price last night. I figured I just needed the cheapest place that was decent since I'll be out and about. That Westin Bellevue did look tempting, but I wanted to be in the city.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
For what it's worth, the Sheraton has renovated rooms on certain floors -- they are quite nice. I booked two friends at the Sheraton because it was the cheapest over a weekend ($130 all-in/night). They were upgraded to an Club floor room so I'm not sure if the traditional category rooms have been completed yet.

The renovated rooms are quite nice -- I didn't get the chance to take any pics but that would push me towards the Sheraton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.