Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, GA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by DivMiler
Is it still? I'll be in Buckhead for a one-night stay in a few weeks and have reservations at both the W Buckhead and the Westin Buckhead. Does anybody have new thoughts about it since November 2009? Is it at least better than the W Buckhead?
The Westin Buckhead is the best in that area. this property has all the bases covered, and I cannot think of anywhere it is lacking except the $17 dollar parking fee.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 8:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
Are you a man or a woman?
[Cheap_Elite_mode]
Cheap Elite, didn't you use search?

WSJ gone from Starwood properties?

Starwood Amex
Sheraton City Center Philadelphia, PA [Master Thread]
Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort (was Cable Beach Resort) [Master Thread]

Since I live in Pennsylvania (and combined with the information in the above posts), I must be a man.

[/Cheap_Elite_mode]

Thanks for the comments, however. I am curious -- why does it matter if I'm a man or a woman?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:47 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Thanks for the comments, however. I am curious -- why does it matter if I'm a man or a woman?
I believe that CE's comment was in reference to the W Buckhead, which tends to have a very very feminine decor to it that most men would find unpleasant (see the Master Thread for this property to view photos of said rooms).

Off topic, but you could be a woman and still have a Ms. Divmiler especially since you refer to her as Ms. (yes, I know not the same as Miss) instead of Mrs.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 5:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bulldoggolfer05
I believe that CE's comment was in reference to the W Buckhead, which tends to have a very very feminine decor to it that most men would find unpleasant (see the Master Thread for this property to view photos of said rooms).

Off topic, but you could be a woman and still have a Ms. Divmiler especially since you refer to her as Ms. (yes, I know not the same as Miss) instead of Mrs.
That exactly why I asked. The W Buckhead, is way to "girly" for my taste and they have very few suites as I indicate in my review.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:22 am
Original Member

Programs: SPG/Marriott Lifetime Gold, Amtrak Guest Rewards, UA Silver
Fair enough. I do remember that being said in the W Buckhead thread, now that you mention it. However, for a one-night stay, that won't matter to me so much.

I guess I'll go with the Westin Buckhead. I'll report back my thoughts afterward.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum RA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I spent a week here a couple weeks ago. The hotel was amazing. The staff was great. The club lounge had great breakfast and evening selections. This was quite a refreshing change compared to my awful stay at the Westin in Philadelphia. I'm a Plat with SPG and a Royal Ambassador with IHG and stayed at the Intercontinental the last time I was in Atlanta but after this stay I will only stay at this Westin when I'm in town.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
I also found the staff at this place to be exceptional. I checked in late one night (literally made the reservation in the cab from the airport) due to an ice storm in Atlanta. When I got there I asked if the Palm was still open -- the check in girl said they should have just closed, but walked over and checked and said if I didnt mind sitting in the bar I could still eat.

Very friendly folks. If I need another hotel in Atlanta that'll be the place (or the St Regis -- which is also stellar!)
Old Apr 14, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enigmamatt
I also found the staff at this place to be exceptional. I checked in late one night (literally made the reservation in the cab from the airport) due to an ice storm in Atlanta. When I got there I asked if the Palm was still open -- the check in girl said they should have just closed, but walked over and checked and said if I didnt mind sitting in the bar I could still eat.

Very friendly folks. If I need another hotel in Atlanta that'll be the place (or the St Regis -- which is also stellar!)
Yes the Westin Buckhead should be the template for all Westins. As for the St. regis Atlanta, it is in a league of its own.
Old May 20, 2010, 10:39 pm

Is the lounge open on the weekends here?
Old May 22, 2010, 8:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
My last stay it was. I'd give a call to double check.
Old May 23, 2010, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As of two weeks ago it was. Full breakfast in the morning and at least two hot items at night. Best lounge in Atlanta.
Old May 23, 2010, 5:59 pm

Awesome, thanks ^
Old Jun 23, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
incredible deal going on for weekends the next two months from travelzoo:

Unwind in Atlanta's trendiest and wealthiest neighborhood with a special that trims more than 55% off regular prices. As an added bonus, get free parking ($30 daily value) and an upgrade to the club-level floor ($50 value), where perks include free breakfast and evening appetizers.

Nab this special at The Westin Buckhead Atlanta, good through Sept. 2, and pay:

$99 per night on July 9-10, 30-31; Aug. 6-7, 20-21, 27-28
$109 per night on all other weekends
Other discounted prices for weekday nights

Blackout Dates: July 3-4

I assume this earns points since it's not an advance purchase rate, and able to be cancelled up to a day before arrival.

Last edited by mrredskin; Jun 23, 2010 at 4:23 pm
Old Jun 23, 2010, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrredskin
incredible deal going on for weekends the next two months from travelzoo:

Unwind in Atlanta's trendiest and wealthiest neighborhood with a special that trims more than 55% off regular prices. As an added bonus, get free parking ($30 daily value) and an upgrade to the club-level floor ($50 value), where perks include free breakfast and evening appetizers.

Nab this special at The Westin Buckhead Atlanta, good through Sept. 2, and pay:

$99 per night on July 9-10, 30-31; Aug. 6-7, 20-21, 27-28
$109 per night on all other weekends
Other discounted prices for weekday nights

Blackout Dates: July 3-4

I assume this earns points since it's not an advance purchase rate, and able to be cancelled up to a day before arrival.
Wow, that is a deal. One of the best hotels in Atlanta.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 6:17 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
Wow, that is a deal. One of the best hotels in Atlanta.
it's a no-brainer if you're staying and/or going to any of the major areas of ATL since the MARTA rail is only a block away, and Lenox is literally next door to this and the W. couple this with free parking and club floor... man, hella nice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.