FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   GONE June 30 2011: 4 Points Roma/Rome West, Italy (now Nicklaus) [Master Thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/404971-gone-june-30-2011-4-points-roma-rome-west-italy-now-nicklaus-master-thread.html)

sxchan Jun 27, 2001 4:58 am

GONE June 30 2011: 4 Points Roma/Rome West, Italy (now Nicklaus) [Master Thread]

I have a confirmed reservation the Four Points Roma West hotel through central reservation using starwood points for July 4th holidays. On the web site, it said it opens in June. It is a brand new 4 points hotel in Italy. I called directly to the hotel yesterday to ask for direction from the FCO airport and found out that the hotel is not open yet. According to staff there, the Gov't has not connect the electricity for the hotel yet, may be ready late July. Not sure yet. so I requested to change to July 13th and the hotel will let me know.

Here is what I received today via email:

Hello Mr. XXX,
following yesterday's conversation about your request
for changing the dates of your stay in our hotel,we
are to inform you that unfortunately we can't
guarantee that the hotel will be open for next July
13th,2001.
We apologize for this.
If it is not possible for you to further change the
date of your arrival,if you wish we can try to
reprotect you at another hotel here in Rome.

You can write us at : [email protected]

Or contact us at the following numbers :

Phone : +39 06 50834710 or 50834711
Fax : +39 06 50834792

Best regards

Simona Santomauro
Four Points Hotel Sheraton Roma West

The problem is that I was not contacted by anyone from hotel nor central reservation. I guess I was lucky to find out before I go.
Any advice as fas as what I should do at this point? should I request to be protected on another starwood chain hotel? What kind of accommodation or compensation should I ask to be fair?
thanks in advance!

[This message has been edited by sxchan (edited 06-27-2001).]

miles to go Jun 27, 2001 5:30 am

You may want to consider the two Sheratons in Rome as an alternative. The Sheraton Golf is a category 2. It is the Starwood property closer to the FCO airport, and you will be spending more time going downtown than at other hotels.

I was there only one night about a month ago and I was reasonably pleased with it. I had a room in the main building but it looked like the rooms in the smaller buildings near the pool would be nicer.

I liked the Sheraton Rome slightly better but the Sheraton Golf would be a better value for your points.

Djlawman Apr 22, 2002 7:02 pm

Four Points Rome

Anyone stayed here? Considering a stay here on points in August? Any knowledge of what you get for the suite? Thinking of upgrading to the suite as well. I know it's a fairly new hotel. Thanks.

Djlawman

Cali Aug 23, 2002 8:18 am

4 Points Roma/Rome West, Italy

Any recent experience? Particularly how convenient/inconvenient is it to get to "town" without a car. Thanks!

Pietro Aug 23, 2002 9:29 am

Assuming you are talking about the ancient city of Rome in the Lazio region of Italy and not the small town in upstate N.Y., the traffic can range from really heavy to complete gridlock most days. It would be best IMO to avoid a car or taxi if at all possible, but it might be fun if you're an adventurous driver.

ngowda Aug 31, 2002 6:09 pm

Take the Hotel Shuttle bus to train station. Train station to Vatican - 20 minutes.

Cali Sep 2, 2002 7:36 am

Thanks, ngowda! One more question, how far is it from both the Termini and Ostiense station? Which station is a better choice if one stays at the Four Points?

mtacchi Sep 2, 2002 10:52 am

Both are far. But They are on the Subway Line and I believe the subway stops in the vicinty of EUR and the 4 Pts. IF you have any other Rome questions email me . I go 3 times a year and Love it.

marc

Djlawman Sep 2, 2002 3:56 pm

Just got back from our vacation to Italy. Stayed at the Four Points Rome for the last nite, since it's close to the airport, and flight was in the morning. Used award to stay, with a couple thousand extra points for suite upgrade. Suite was very nice, and quite large (other than initial problem getting air conditioning to work). We arrived late, so we just ate at the restaurant. The chef made us a chef's selection of seafood, which was just OK. Breakfast buffet was very nice, with lots of offerings and very good food. Because of its category, I would recommend this for a last nite stay before the airport the next day, and the suite upgrade was a good value too, I think.

Djlawman

honu Jan 13, 2003 9:54 pm

Does this hotel have a courtesy airport shuttle?

anthonyanthony Jan 13, 2003 10:23 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by honu:
Does this hotel have a courtesy airport shuttle?</font>
Yep. They have a complimentary shuttle to Fiumicino airport. Apparently, from what I've read on Flyertalk, this shuttle can also take you to nearby subway stations.

Looks like a great deal for a Category 1 hotel. That and my $20 BA ticket will make this one cheap first trip to Rome.

ryan754 Feb 25, 2003 2:36 pm

Four Points Rome West

Stayed the weekend at the Four Points Roma West a Cat 1 hotel with points. I was very impressed with the point value. When we arrived at FCO we realized that the shuttle is on a schedule so we had to take a taxi which was 50 Euro!!! But an adventure too. When we got to the hotel we were greeted by Simone who got us aquainted with the hotel and the shuttle times where to go etc. Got room 601. A decent sized room to say the least. Also although I was offered no plat ammenity (I guess not in Europe???) We got a fruit platter. Also to my suprise breakfast was free at the hotel. It was a buffet, and decent. I am suprised this hotel is a Cat 1 but glad. The location was not close to downtown, but there is a bus to the metro to downtown, and the shuttle departs every two hours or so. I would definitly stay again in the future.

anthonyanthony Feb 25, 2003 3:17 pm

Those Roman taxi drivers have a nice little racket going on, don't they? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif My taxi ride from the hotel to FCO was 45 Euro...I'm surprised your trip was more expensive, since for me the taxi meter started running as soon as the front desk placed the phone call to the taxi service. That means I was paying for the taxi for the 10 or so minutes I was waiting in the lobby.

I'm a budget leisure traveler so a 45 Euro taxi ride puts a hefty ding in my wallet. Next time I will arrange a 25-30 Euro shuttle service to pick me up (I think you can even get a private shuttle/limo for not much more), or hopefully my flight won't be so early that I can't take the hotel's free shuttle (first trip to the airport is at 7:15a).

I agree, Roma West Four Points is a great value at Cat 1, and I too was surprised to get a free hot buffet breakfast included.

[This message has been edited by anthonyanthony (edited 02-25-2003).]

OB one Sep 23, 2003 3:59 pm

Does anybody have any idea when the shuttle leaves from FCO to go to this hotel? Will arrive at FCO at 2:30 in the afternoon on a Wednesday. No sure about the time to clear customs and would like to miss the 40-50 euro cab ride. ( will also email the hotel to try for the shuttle schedule) Thanks.

mtacchi Sep 23, 2003 4:55 pm

As I recall shuttle is every 45 minutes till 8 ish , so If you donīt miss the last one and don.t mind waiting, then you should have no problem.