Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Orlando Vistana properties [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orlando Vistana properties [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question suggest you re-direct this query

Originally Posted by ycc777
Does anyone have any new update of this property? I read review and several Plat/Gold members indicate status not recognized now that it's a resort.
As an owner at SVO, I am not sure this is the best forum to ask this question! Have you tried on tug2.net? Alternatively,what about phoning SVO?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 8:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
As an owner at SVO, I am not sure this is the best forum to ask this question! Have you tried on tug2.net? Alternatively,what about phoning SVO?
Why is it not? I thought that's what all these hotel threads are for, so people actually experienced it can help answer. Seller can claim whatever they want but I see customers' feedback much more valuable. I do suggest you ask the manager to respond to those complaints on spg.com.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
We took a deal they offered us months ago for a 5 day, 4 night stay. I can't remember what we paid but I think it was $250 for 4 nights in a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen and washer/dryer, etc.

We arrived on May 1st and were sent to the St. Augustine building to check in with the Vacation Ownership people. We'd been told there was no housekeeping and no stays/nights, points, etc. We took it to bring our son for an early Birthday treat.

When we checked in, they said that we WOULD get housekeeping, as they were offering it as a treat. I told them we weren't there long enough to need it as we had the washer and dryer, but thanked them. They then said we'd receive 1500 points for the Green Choice Program, which was very kind of them. They offered us 5000 points to come to Florida and stay, and I was told the points would be deposited within 2 weeks. In addition, if we sat through the presentation of the vacation ownership, I'd get an additional 8,000 points! I was sold, and used time we could've been swimming to sit with my hubby and listen.

The suite was very nice. The 1 bedroom suite is set up so the bathroom is accessible through either bedroom or living room, and the bathroom is nicely set up. The first room, accessible through living room, has the shower and sink, and a small room for the commode. Then you can walk through a sliding door from the 1st room to a room with another sink and a jacuzzi tub. Then another sliding door enters the bedroom. I loved that bathroom b/c I could soak away in there and My hubby or son could use the shower or commode without bothering me. It was very intelligently designed.

The closets sucked, had very few hangers. There was a small dresser and bed tables. Bed was ok. The pull-out sofa bed was actually comfortable. My hubby stayed up late & ended up sleeping on it and he HATES sofa beds. I loved the ceiling fan in the bedroom, but they needed one in the living room, too. The screened in porch was a nice touch. The full kitchen was genius. We used the dishwasher, microwave and fridge.

I have to give kudos to their kids' programs. My son got to take a swimming class with other kids where they put mermaid or shark tails on their legs and had them jump through hoops. If we hadn't had only 4 days, I would've loved to spend more time by the pool and less money at the theme parks. But seeing my son love Universal's 2 parks was worth the trip. And the hotel is quite close to Universal & other parks.

My biggest problem with this "deal" is you can't get 5 days out of the deal. You must check out at 10am! Check in is 3 or 4pm so it IS IMO, false advertising. You're checking OUT on the morning of day 5. We arrived May 1st at check-in. Too late and cool for the pool and getting dark. Day 2 is Universal. Day 3 is pool day. I rested my feet and back, they swam. Day 4 is Universal again. Day 5, we need to check out at 10am! So, days 1 and 5 are NOT spent there. So they really need to change that.

My other problem is the points I was promised. I got my Green Choice 1500 points and points for $ spent at a meal we had one day. But the 5K for staying and the 8K for sitting through the SVO never showed up in my account. I was VERY insistent about the 5K when I arrived, as I'd been told we had to go to "LINK" to make sure we get them. Our "helper" who checked us in, told me once she took my SPG number, that it would be there with no problem. I would never have taken this "deal" if not for the points promised. And I certainly would not have gone to the SVO presentation w/o the promise of an additional 8K points. Those were promised at check-in AND the person who schooled us in SVO said it would be no longer than 2 weeks. I've emailed them but no answer.

I think the deal was a good one. Where else are you going to find an entire suite, more like an apartment, for that price? I'm not a fan of Florida but it was a nice family vacation. Universal cost us WAY more than the lodging or the airfare. But it was worth it. As long as I get my points, it was worth it.

So, if you're looking to go to Orlando, keep an eye out for those Sheraton Vacation deals. I almost took one at Westin Lagunamar, but they absolutely refused to offer us a deal on a 1 bedroom villa. Since I take a 1 Bedroom Villa for myself, I'd never book our family there in just one room. And as I've been THERE several times, and KNOW my hubby adores Cancun, we'd actually consider buying there. I'm hitting Lifetime Plat next month, so I don't need to worry about stays and nights after that. Westin Lagunamar could learn a lot from Sheraton Vistana Village.

BUT send me my points!!!!
Old May 23, 2015, 7:53 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Going to be Staying at the Vistana Villages I-Drive for 2 weeks (14 nights) and want to book a 2 bedroom Villa. The entire stay is during July... not sure if there are any promotions that I need to sign up for before I book...?
Old May 23, 2015, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Going to be Staying at the Vistana Villages I-Drive for 2 weeks (14 nights) and want to book a 2 bedroom Villa. The entire stay is during July... not sure if there are any promotions that I need to sign up for before I book...?
I haven't gone to the website, but I think you should see if the Sheraton pay-your-birth year promo is still on. I remember it was valid for 2 nights of 3 or something like that. We got a 35 dollar rate :P
Old May 23, 2015, 8:41 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
What about renovation work...? I called the SVV and the manager I spoke w said that al the renovation work had been completed but the SPG website says that work is ongoing through Dec 2015 for the St. Agustine section......?
Old May 23, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
We just stayed in the St. Augustine phase, it overlooks the kiddie pool with the ship. It's the newest phase, as I was told, and I didn't see or hear construction. But that was May 1-5th. I'd check with the hotel on that one.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 4:44 pm
BCH

Does anyone have recent recollection of being charges resort fees at the Villas (not Villages) property? Thank you!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
I just stayed at this property twice last month. The first time was for a quick 1 night stay and then I stayed here for a 4 night stay. Both times was in a 2 bedroom suite.

I felt that the stay was fine. They did push the timeshare a bit but I more or less just played along and never went.

The 2nd stay was a bit odd in that I checked in, got my keys, and went to the room. It seemed fine to me.

Then the bellhop came to the room with our bags and he said "is this room acceptable to you?" and i said "yeah it's fine" and he the proceeded to unload.

My wife came in a few minutes later and said "what is that smell?" I didn't smell anything. My son didn't smell anything. My wife said that there's a bad musty moldy sour smell in the room. She asked the bellhop and he agreed saying "Yeah, when i asked if this room is acceptable that was my way of giving you a hint" so he smelled it. We had another friend with us and when he walked in he smelled it too.

We left the room and I went to the front desk and got another room.

Second room...since I no longer trust my olfactory nerves, my friend came with me. He said it smells too but not as bad as the first room. I still didn't smell anything. My son didn't smell anything. Wife came and she smelled it too. Unacceptable again.

Front desk again and we got a 3rd room.

This time I was able to smell chlorine in the room but didn't care. Wife also smelled it but said that it's not the bad sour moldy smell anymore so it was fine.

To this day, I can honestly say that I didn't smell anything in those first 2 rooms. Bellhop smelled it though too.

We didn't pay a resort fee.

We didn't get any special perks (I am spg gold and got platinum with this stay).

The BBQs around the property are cool. I cooked burgers one night.

The room itself is nice. I like the washer/dryer and full sized fridge. The dishes and pots/pans are all fine too.

Overall, a nice property.

About the timeshare part, when I checked in, after getting my key they walked me over to the timeshare guy who showed me where my room is located. He proceeded to ask to schedule breakfast for the presentation. He said that I would get some money ($100-$120) or points (7200 iirc). I said that I'd have to ask my wife. He said "why don't you ask her right now and let me know?" I said "ok" and left...and never came back...lol.

They called me a few times to schedule and I just hung up on them...and then disconnected the phone.

On the last day, I went to get some breakfast at the restaurant. I couldn't find it but found the timeshare folks downstairs. One guy and his wife were signing in and they said "we have starbucks coffee, muffins, bagels, etc." and the guy was like "you mean it's not a full breakfast?" and she said "we have starbucks coffee, muffins, etc...(tried her best to sell it)" and he frowned saying "that's not what we were told. we were told a full on breakfast" and then to his wife he said "you wanna stick around for this?" and i don't know what happened after that because i left.

that's why you just give them the runaround...

I didn't book on a timeshare rate. i just booked online (iirc it was around $185/night).

Overall, a good stay though. the smaller pool with slide was nice and we just went there every day instead of the big pool.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 4:03 pm

Programs: SPG, Delta SM, Hilton, IHG
We recently stayed 3 nights at SVR in building 17 of The Cascades while we helped friends who either lost their partners or were injured during the massacre at Pulse nightclub. Despite the reason for needing accommodations, the staff, building, and grounds were lush and well maintained.

I've only seen one unit which was again in The Cascades on the fourth floor. It was a 2 bedroom villa with a split floor plan, full kitchen, decent sized dining room, nook, and comfortable living room.

As you walk in, there's an alcove with an interesting sculpture, tiled floors, a closet with a stackable washer/dryer (cycle times are pretty fast). The guest bedroom contained 2 full-sized beds, decent closet space, a flat-panel TV, a nightstand between the beds, and a dresser on which the TV sat. The en suite bathroom, which opened up to the hallway, was compartmentalized into two rooms, one containing the sink and considerable counter space with the other containing the toilet and shower.

The master bedroom was spacious with a firm but comfortable king bed, a jacuzzi tub, even more closet space with the in-room safe, door to the balcony, and a counter with sink. The bathroom contained another sink and a walk-in shower.

The living room had comfortable seating in a cozy space. There was another flat-panel TV with a Bose system, a coffee table with 2 chairs positioned closely together, and a sleeper sofa. There is also access to the balcony.

Our location and view from the balcony was exactly what we needed as palm trees and other lush vegetation partially obstructed our view for privacy, but also allowed us to see the bridge, some type of creek with ducks, and other visitors going about their business.

We were not asked one time about attending anything relating to timeshares, and for that I am grateful.

In lieu of housekeeping, we were given breakfast vouchers for 2 adults to Zimmie's, priced at $14.95 per adult. The breakfast was a nice treat since I primarily follow paleo nutrition, and their selections included hot and cold options. The fresh fruit was refreshing and really gave me a boost to some of the most intense and agonizing days I've ever had.

We played mini-golf, jumped in a number of the various pools, hit the arcade, checked out the gym and locker rooms, and walked the majority of the property. For the most part, it's a fully-contained resort setting, which is a plus since traffic on 535 can be horrible.

The resort seems like a conglomeration of former Disney properties as the different villages' architecture varied in style, some clearly not built earlier than the year 2000. We stayed in what looked like a typical Florida apartment building (I'm from Jacksonville) in a typical Florida apartment complex.

Overall, I have no complaints but rather praises for everyone involved with making this stay happen. All the guests we interacted with seemed genuinely pleased to be there, quick to offer smiles and hellos.

I was not aware of any elite amenities, though I was thanked for and acknowledged for my status.

Late checkouts are not permitted and are clearly advertised in as many places so as not to be intrusive.

Being in LBV and so close to Disney Springs and the rest of WDW, I couldn't have asked for more as I wouldn't have wanted to be on Disney property. The traffic on the other side of I-4 by Disney Springs is a perpetual mess, so at least being on 535 tempered that.

I didn't know what to expect except a pitch for timesharing, but even that didn't happen. In the end, the staff understood and respected our reason for our stay and for that I couldn't be more grateful or appreciative.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by thaliajen
We took a deal they offered us months ago for a 5 day, 4 night stay. I can't remember what we paid but I think it was $250 for 4 nights
Just got an email like this, $299 for 5D/4N.

Considering calling in to learn more.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
I was thinking of booking a stay at the Villas Resort for 5 nights and saw that the SPG points rate was 8k/night. I called for the rate on a 2-bedroom and was told it's 20k. That seems like a steep increase for an extra bedroom, I wonder why?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:16 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jules1651
I was thinking of booking a stay at the Villas Resort for 5 nights and saw that the SPG points rate was 8k/night. I called for the rate on a 2-bedroom and was told it's 20k. That seems like a steep increase for an extra bedroom, I wonder why?
1-bedroom is approximately 325 sq. ft. with a kitchenette. 2-bedroom is approximately 1,025 sq. ft. with a full kitchen. That's why.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by jules1651
Yes, the two bedroom is much bigger. Also did the 20k rate include fifth night free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.