Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2002, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers [Master Thread]

As a tourista in Brussels which is a better location? Few mentions in a year of threads. Thanks ...
Old Mar 12, 2002, 2:54 am

The Sheraton is in Place Rogier which is very central for the metro etc but is surrounded my a smallish (and very seedy) red light area.

Whther that is positive or a negative for you is obvioulsy for you to judge.

Stephen
Old Mar 12, 2002, 5:18 am

MRMEX, I stayed at the Brussels Four Points in January. The Sheraton has the better location for tourist attractions, but Brussels has a very good public transportation system. The Four Points is just off Avenue Louise which is a main shopping street.

There are two tram stops close to the Four Points from which you can easily reach all of the points of interest. The 4 Pts front desk sells transportatio passes.

I left the Four Points with the feeling that I had received very good value for my money.
Old Mar 12, 2002, 6:53 am

They are both nice and offer good treatment to Platinum members. You have to choose the location which suits your needs better (Four Points near chic Avenue Louise, Sheraton near Grand Place)
Old Mar 12, 2002, 8:33 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
While the actual locale is not the best, I liked the Sheraton Towers for its proximity to the Gare du Nord rail station-- which is where the train from the airport stops. It was only a 2 or 3 block walk. Also, when I stayed there a few years ago (as a mere GOLD), I was given a beautiful suite on the club floor and a nice bottle of wine & fruit basket.
Old Mar 13, 2002, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the input, both have good rates over the weekend so I will try and go for the Sheraton since I have a shot at a great room, since I am Plat.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 12:21 am

Programs: Equal Opportunity Mileage Junkie
Brussels Four Points/Sheration - Location?

Hello!

I've been trying to decide which one of these would be better for an overnight stay before a morning train ride out of Midi station. It seems like both are well within a reasonable distance, but I haven't been able to find any maps that show the metro stations/train stations in comparison to where these two hotels are! I've seen the posts for the Metro maps, but nothing that gives an "overground" view of the preferred way to get from point a (hotel) to point b (train station).

Any help or advice as to which one would be preferable (it's some place to sleep so we make sure we don't miss our train the next morning) is appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Old Sep 5, 2002, 1:13 am

There is a direct metro from the Brussels Sheraton to the Midi Station (5 stops) and a direct tram from the Four Points. Take the one where you get the better rate!
Old Sep 5, 2002, 5:22 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
The Brussels Sheraton Towers hotel is directly across the street from the Place Rogier metro station. Its about a 5-10 min ride to Midi Station. Not sure about the locale of the Four Points.
Old Sep 5, 2002, 7:12 am

You can get tram/metro/bus info online here (French only):

http://www.stib.irisnet.be/FR/39100F.htm

The Sheraton is next to the Rogier station (top of the map, middle).

Tram 81 (direction HEYSEL) will get you to the Gare du Midi.

To be honest I find the location of both equally uninteresting, and would also suggest you just go for the cheapest one.

[Edited to add: to get an idea of where the 4Points is, find the "Louise" station on the metro map (middle, right side). The 4Points is about 10 mns (by foot) east.]

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 09-05-2002).]
Old Sep 5, 2002, 9:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SMessier:
to get an idea of where the 4Points is, find the "Louise" station on the metro map (middle, right side). The 4Points is about 10 mns (by foot) east.]

[This message has been edited by SMessier (edited 09-05-2002).]
</font>
The Four Points is next to the tramstop "Lesbroussart", from where the 81 brings you directly to the Gare de Midi.

Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:08 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Brussels 4P or Sheraton Hotel & Towers

I'll be heading to Brussels this summer and needs to decide between the 4 Points and the Sheraton Hotel & Towers for a weekend stay.

I'll be with two elderly people so what needs to be seen has to be close by.

Which hotel would you recommend?
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:01 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
We stayed at the Sheraton towers for a night in 2003, and the main tourist area is about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The train station is a little closer than that (~5 mins).
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:36 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
As Ps we stayed at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers and I believe also the Sheraton at BRU. The downtown Hotel was nice and we were finally upgraded. A concern is the station which is noisey. The Hotel has a great breakfast buffet which must have been comped since we would not pay for it. As stated kinda away from the tourist areas and we found the area kinda bland. I eyed someother hotels we should have been staying at but forget the brands. IMHO BRU is a onetime trip.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:51 pm

Programs: Coutts Silk Card, Hilton G,SPG Plat,Priority C Plat, Amex BA +,Kempinski P C,BA G,Virgin G, P-Pass
I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occassions, I have once been upgraded to a massive suite, multi roomed, with kitchen and massive beds. There is a swimming pool on the top floor, and the Towers lounge has or had it's own check in on the towers level. Decent service there, handy for the station, but very near to the strip joints and peep shows, I can't remember the rate for the peep show

The high street is very near, the tourist areas as stated a little walk but not too bad, you are also near the diplomatic area with the stuff and nonsense that goes with that.

I was in Brugge at the weekend, it reminded me just how boring the Belgium people are, they should get out a bit more

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.