Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Nov 14, 2000, 4:58 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

I HAVE TO MAKE A MAJOR CORRECTION: AS I WAS REVIEWING THE BILL WHILE READING STIMPY'S POST AND FOUND IT WAS THE SHERATON SKYLINE NOT THE OTHER ONE... IT WAS A WONDERFUL HOTEL.

Now back to my report:

First off: I wish that Starwood Golds and Platniums would get the shuttle bus free comped -- a refund at check-inm and a return voucher for the trip back to Heathrow. I wish I knew the bus was a charge, had to scramble for change for the two pound 50.

PAWS UP:

1. Friendly check-in woman, despite the ungodly hour of 11pm. Attentive and quick to ask if you need wakeup calls or other services.

2. Amenity kit still given and an impressive one of wine and chocolates.

3. Very nice, large rooms, large beds, nice fixtures.

4. More extensive than usual amendities in the bathroom.

PAWS DOWN

1. Walls could be thicker and there were veyr noisy neighbors on the "Executive Floor."

2. It was hard to figure out how to turn on the hot water bottle for coffee/tea but a housekeeping person quickly figured out the problem.

3. The location is near an airport so you can hear the larger jets rumbling. Unless you are a sound sleeper, it can be disconserting at 3 in the morning. Maybe more sound proof walls/bricks?

4. Like at the Park Lane: WHY NO ZIP OUT CHECK-OUT??? IT really can be a pain to have to wait in line with oen or two desk people there just to verify your bill!

Overall: THree and a Half paws up (I'm surprised since I was disappointed in the Sheraton Newark Airport.)

[This message has been edited by Catman (edited 11-14-2000).]
Old Nov 14, 2000, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Catman you should have tried the Sheraton Skyline which is the other Sheraton at LHR. It has much more comfortable rooms. As for the bus, it's run by the Airport transport agency so Starwood can't help you other than perhaps give you a free ticket for the return. However I've found that you can sleep in an extra half-hour by asking the concierge to have a car ready for you. For 8 pounds you can have a private car take you directly to your terminal. It's much faster especially if you have to go to T4 which the Hopper bus doesn't serve anymore.

I'm glad Sheraton is still serviing good amenities. They are great in Europe.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 8:31 pm

Location: atlanta, ga, - SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion
LHR Sheraton - Pleasant Surprise

I just completed two recent stays at the Sheraton Heathrow using points for free nights. After reading some recent negative reviews about this property I was quite anxious. It was definitely an airport hotel and therefore out of the way. However, I was upgraded to a two room suite with two full bathrooms each time. The room was very nice with everything looking new. The Hotel Hoppa service ran on time for 2.5 pounds per trip, which we used to connect to the Heathrow Express to go downtown. The staff was very helpful and courteous. For the small amount of points required I felt this hotel was a great deal in an otherwise expensive city.
Old Mar 5, 2002, 11:58 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Skyline is better.

You'll pounds for the bus ticket as unless you are familiar with the location and have little luggage you're probably best not to use the public buses. They do stop near by, but might confuse you unless you know where you're going.
Old Mar 6, 2002, 5:36 am

3 pounds each for the bus (1 way)
Old Jun 25, 2002, 11:12 pm

Bad experience at Sheraton Heathrow

Flew into LHR last night at 11PM after a long day and checked-in at Sheraton Heathrow (not Sheraton Skyline at Heathrow which is a different hotel also on Bath road). I have stayed at this hotel several times before with no problem. Moldy bathrooms but OK for one-night stays while in transit and often cheap. Last night was something else.

Get a room on the club floor, half asleep I open the door and walk into the room occupied by a German businessman. Now he is even more pissed off at the hotel. Apparently when he checked in, his key wouldn't open the door and the manager had to let him in using a master key. Manager promised to send him a bottle of wine and the poor guy had been waiting for it for the last 45 minutes and then I walk into his room. He never got his wine.

I get a new room. Go up and try my key and it doesn't open. Go back down again and get a third room. Just as I leave the counter, I hear yet another gentleman come up to the counter and say "there is someone in my room"

Finally I get into my room and lock the doors. And then the phone doesn't work. I am desperate to download my e-mail and answer things before going to bed. After half-an hour, it turns out the line near the desk is screwed up and I use the line near the bed.

Then I discover I had forgotten my toiletries and call to see if they have a toothbrush/toothpaste. Front desk says it should be in all the club rooms. I know it never is in that hotel. I tell him so. And then he says he will have it up in 10 minutes. 10 minutes turn to 20. After a couple of calls I give up and go to sleep. In the morning, I go buy it from the sundries shop in the Hotel that is now open.

I am not making this up.

The 50k promo at Hilton and this type of experience has made SPG lose a lot of my business over the next few months.
Old Jun 25, 2002, 11:31 pm

I stayed at Heathrow once and never will go back. I'm now staying at Skyline which the extra fee goes a long way. Better, clean, spacious rooms. Besides, I hate walking a mile away from the elevator to get to my room at Heathrow. You'll also experience good hotels and bad ones from different hotel chains. Just need to read these forums and pick the less complaints. good luck
Old Jun 26, 2002, 12:22 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Agreed - the Skyline is a good hotel. The SPG Platinum amenity is normally a bottle of red wine and a big plate of chocolates!

On the other hand, it is often fully booked - yes I can get guaranteed room as Platinum, but at rack rate, which is quite a lot of money.

It's also a pain that the shuttle bus to Terminal 4 doesn't run any more (this is not really under the hotel's control I guess) so the choice is a taxi ride costing 10 quid or the GBP2-50 shuttle bus to T1 and the (free)
Heathrow Express train to T4, which means a very early start if you have a morning flight.

And the phone charges are absolutely outrageous (as they are at all Sheratons and most other hotels in the UK).
Old Jun 26, 2002, 2:59 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
I stayed at LHR Shertaon two nights ago. Room small, Coffee maker does not work so no coffee but overall, it is an okay place to crash if you have to make n early morning flight. Terminal taxi is 9GBP. or you can catch city bus outside on Bath Road for 90p (not recommended if you have luggage or a Terminal 4 departure).

Old Jun 26, 2002, 8:30 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
My experience was also bad. I did not post
it since the only reason I am going back is
that upon my return to the Office I had a
letter from the GM giving me a "free" Friday,
Saturday or Sunday. This was in addition to
the 25% rate discount I received upon check-
out. That I can bear.
Old Jun 26, 2002, 8:37 am

I have stayed at both properties a few times, the Skyline property is so much better that there really isn't a choice.

Stick with the one that is best.
Old Jun 27, 2002, 3:35 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I was at the Sheraton Heathrow also last weekend. Gold got me a club room, which was a little bit old and worn out, but O.K.; Rate was 85Pounds including breakfast. The Skyline would have been around 25Pounds more and without breakfast...

Next time I'll try the Skyline based on your bad experience with the Heathrow property.
Old Dec 28, 2002, 10:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by davistev:
Terminal taxi is 9GBP. or you can catch city bus outside on Bath Road for 90p (not recommended if you have luggage or a Terminal 4 departure).
</font>
The H30 bus is about 4 mins walk away and free to LHR.
Old Feb 23, 2003, 3:52 pm
Suspended

This is the ONLY starwood property that my wife has stayed at where she refuses to return. To this day she tells frineds about the bad room, saggy bed, ect.... Of course it doesn't help that she was at the St.Regis Rome the previous night.

The room was indeed poor, worse than any Hampton Inn I've ever stayed at.

[This message has been edited by mtacchi (edited 02-23-2003).]
Old Feb 23, 2003, 9:43 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JDR Tahoe:
Can't figure why the place get's such bad reviews...Is it just an overpriced dump or is it the hotel management?</font>
Actually, the only thing going for it is the price. You can usually get a room in the 60-65 pound range with full breakfast from spg.com which is highly competitive for the area.

The main problem is the hotel management that is running it very poorly. Lack of clear instructions and good training for the staff, lack of accountability for poor service and/or staff mistakes, and finally lack of any quality control in rooms create dissatisfaction in 3 out of every 4 stays.

The building with some renovations has some potential as a 4P with more competent management. It does not deserve a Sheraton branding due to lack of facilities, and essentially a single class of rooms with mediocre furnishings and no views worth mentioning from any room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.