Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Courtyard SouthPark, Charlotte, NC [Master Thread]

Old Jun 1, 2023, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver

I've seen a few posts about the choices in the SouthPark, Charlotte area, but none of them about the Courtyard. I have a meeting at the Canopy, and so the Courtyard seems like the obvious choice if I want to stay at a Marriott. Two quick questions:

1) How recently was the Courtyard renovated? Is the hard product newer?
2) How is the pool? Can I swim laps in it? Or is it more of a splash pool?

Any recommendations as to where to stay of the group?
Old Jun 2, 2023, 12:39 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
It's been a minute, and my memory's fuzzy. Apologies...

I was there in the 2020 range, and it was 'acceptable.' Obviously, it is an OG 'courtyard' CY, and as such enjoys all the features and benefits that style of CY provides. Like a long walk from the front desk to the outermost rooms, but that also means that there's usually an elevator nearby and you can park close to either your room or one of those vertical nodes.

I didn't check out the pool, but the rest was fine. It had apparently been recently 'refreshed' (IIRC, just a half remodel, as in new furniture, floor coverings, and paint, but they left the original bathtubs and certain other things.) If all that matters is the basics, it should suffice. As I recall, there was nothing 'wrong' with it, it was just an older, refreshed CY.

I only stayed there once, then started staying at the FS nearby. The drive from the FS would be super easy and <5 mins. IMHO, I would put my usual value proposition on it, and say that if the FS were only $40-50 more, it would be worth it. (But don't even look at the Ren, just pass it up.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.