Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stc
Noisy dirty rooms, lack of (good) platinum treatment, front desk attitude.
I haven't had any of these issues. I find the property quieter than the skyline, front desk staff are frequently charming and plat recognition is better than might be expected in giving full buffet breakfast and club lounge access. It isn't luxurious but is for instance a quantum leap nicer than the Sheraton JFK.

Last edited by Land-of-Miles; Apr 12, 2014 at 5:11 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 1:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by stc
lack of (good) platinum treatment
Reports on this thread seem to indicate that plats are consistently upgraded to a 3rd floor club room, granted lounge access with the option of taking breakfast in the main restaurant, and granted late check-out without problem. Other than upgrading you to the presidential suite, what more could they do ?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 8:05 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Well, I didn't get upgraded the times I was there. I got crappy rooms. I was also not recognized as a returning guest.

My complaints fell on deaf ears at the hotel.

I'd also point out that from T4 or T3, I find this hotel harder to get to than the Skyline and less convenient for getting to Central London.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stc
Well, I didn't get upgraded the times I was there. I got crappy rooms. I was also not recognized as a returning guest.

My complaints fell on deaf ears at the hotel.

I'd also point out that from T4 or T3, I find this hotel harder to get to than the Skyline and less convenient for getting to Central London.
In my 9 years and circa 100 stays at this property as a plat I have never not been given a club upgrade on the 3rd floor.

I don't often travel from the lesser LHR terminals so can't really comment on that.

This property typically costs less than $100 which is less than any US airport Sheraton I have ever stayed at and with a better overall product. It isn't a LC that is for sure but this is a decent property where the staff try hard. In my last 15 stays I have even been given the exact location I prefer on the 3rd floor.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
In my 9 years and circa 100 stays at this property as a plat I have never not been given a club upgrade on the 3rd floor.

I don't often travel from the lesser LHR terminals so can't really comment on that.

This property typically costs less than $100 which is less than any US airport Sheraton I have ever stayed at and with a better overall product. It isn't a LC that is for sure but this is a decent property where the staff try hard. In my last 15 stays I have even been given the exact location I prefer on the 3rd floor.
Always a club room for me, too. Rooms have always been clean and always a free hot breakfast in the restaurant. And I'm usually paying about Ł53 / night.

I'm not sure what people expect.

Oh, I always hire a car from Thrifty in the hotel, so I take their shuttle to the hotel and back.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Same here, except this has been my main go-to LHR property for about 15 years now. It must be said though that the club has only been here for about 5 years or so, right?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by stc
I'm not going to go through the 240 messages in this thread to figure out how many are positive, neutral, and negative.

I would point out that on TripAdvisor, the Sheraton Heathrow gets 3 stars with 230 people giving it 2 stars (poor) and 151 people giving it 1 star (terrible). That is many people.

The Skyline on the other hand, gets 4 stars on TripAdvisor with 102 people giving it 2 stars (poor) and 55 people giving it 1 star (terrible). That is a lot less people. Especially since the Skyline has 1444 reviews in total versus 1367 for the Sheraton Heathrow.

So, I stand by my assertion that many people hate this hotel and also more people like the Skyline than this hotel.
Yes, the Sheraton can seem a bit "tired." The new lobby & restaurant area are nice, but yes, the rooms & hallways are dated. That hideous carpet needs to go.

Yes, the Skyline is nicer, but one pays for that niceness, and now one pays a lot more than one used to. Both props often used to charge similar rates, the price difference has become more sizeable.

The Sheraton offers Plats the option of taking (a massive buffet...) breakfast in the hotel restaurant, even on days when the lounge is closed. The Club Lounge facility is open 24-7....comes in handy when burning the midnight oil on a report/project, wanting to work on a computer outside their room, wanting to grab a midnight snack (juice, soda, coffee, fruit, cookies....).

The advice of a long time ago was that if both properties were only a few quid's difference, sure, it might be worth a few quid for the nicer digs at the Skyline. But, with the difference a bit more sizeable, and one only needs a decent sleep pre-/post- flight, the Sheraton does the job.

It is a BIT easier to get to T 1-3 from the Skyline, and to T-5 from the Sheraton Heathrow via the free public buses--but only by a few minutes, whether or not that's worth the price difference, YMMV.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:49 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I haven't had any of these issues. I find the property quieter than the skyline, front desk staff are frequently charming and plat recognition is better than might be expected in giving full buffet breakfast and club lounge access. It isn't luxurious but is for instance a quantum leap nicer than the Sheraton JFK.
My experience too. And I have stayed multiple times here as well.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 6:53 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by stc
Noisy dirty rooms, lack of (good) platinum treatment, front desk attitude.
I could give you about 20 Hiltons in the UK off the top of my head that are worse than this property and charge more.

It is always the same debate on FT, people are happy to pay only 40-50 GBP but then moan that their room isn't ultra modern. The Skyline is not that much more premium either and I've had some bad service over there, to the point I have made it a goal not to return there.

Back to the Sheraton LHR, I'd rather pay the current price and get the current room, than pay double for a renovated room.

There may also be an off chance that when this property does get to renovating, it might get reflagged to another chain.

Like I said, this property suits me fine and represents about 25% of my SPG stays, without it I'm not sure what I would do.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3rd floor Executive King. Pretty much a standard room.

Halls need new rugs and have a bit of an odor. I couldn't possibly care.

I have a clean room, access to all the non-alcoholic beverages I want in the lounge, free internet for up to 3 devices, and a full buffet hot breakfast tomorrow (the lounge is closed for Easter Weekend) for Ł46 (or so). And I get my bonus Starpoints as a PLT.

Worst part of the trip was having to wait almost 45 minutes for the Thrifty shuttle from T4.

Is the Premier Inn across the street new? It may have always been there, but I don't remember it -- and I've stayed here dozens of times.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Premier Inn is quite new yes. There was an office there before.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
SPG hotel escapes fyi

"Premier Inn"? Returning to the theme of the thread, check out SPG escapes for this week - $80 on June 8:

http://www.spghotescapes.com/search/heathrow
Old Apr 30, 2014, 7:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
check out SPG escapes for this week - $80 on June 8
This is actually the most expensive lowest rate that this property has sold at on Hot Escapes this year : most weeks it has been lower. Has been great for racking up cheap stays. ^

Now we're going into the summer season though, $80 for June is a very good rate. Especially as Hot Escapes are priced in USD and with the increasing strength of the GBP, it's even better value for us in the UK
Old Apr 30, 2014, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I love how this thread comes up the day before I head back there for the night before my trip back home. Been a long 2 weeks.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Is it possible to take a bus to West Drayton Station? Google shows that bus 350 will do it, just want to confirm and check if the bus stop is walking distance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.