Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:15 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Early check in is based soley on availablity and not a perk or guarantee for any guest.
It is not a sign of good or bad service to be able to offer the gesture.
Though the hotel should make every reasonable effort to accomodate the guest if they can.Especially a Platinum.

When checking in before scheduled check in time of 3:00 PM keep in mind that it can in some cases limit the possibility of an upgrade.
With that said its all in the timing and the hotels room blocking or lack of it
We all hope a given hotel is compliant and guest friendly in the first place.
The Skyline is a hotel that has a very varied group of opinions both positive and negative for some time.
It appears some fine tuning in the house is still in order to be polite.
Attitude is everything and being a guest at this property over the past I have never had a highly positive stay experience here.
The new beds might make me reconsider on a future visit.
I was much happier with my last choice at another Heathrow property which for the record was panned by a number of other reveiwers.
So as we all know a lot of it is timing,luck and the dedication of the property itself.
Happy Travels

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jul 25, 2004 at 9:17 pm
Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:37 pm
Suspended

I have stayed at the Sheraton LHR many times over the last year, and actually like the hotel. I have never had to ask for an upgrade, it has always been taken care of ahead of time (due to the reservation not being viewable on SPG). I have had a suite there, but prefer the executive room with the sweet sleeper beds. Also got early check in after emailing the manager and getting a personal reply (I had his card from a previous stay). Choice of amenities here is a) chocolates and water b) fruit and water c) drink vouchers. Just ask and you will get it. I have also always got all of this on award stays with no hassle.
By the way, 99 quid is NOT that much money, just stop converting it to crap Canadian dollars which are not worth the paper they are printed on
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thumbs up Sheraton Skyline Hotel

I just stayed on the 30th of June. Great service great staff great room. The bed was the best I ever had at a Sheraton. I am just a gold but they went out of the way for me.
The only bad part was my key didn't work and it took 15 minutes for security to sort me out.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 6:42 am

Dear ac777,

I am very sorry to read that we could not match the expectation you had, and would like to apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

We constantly try to improve our guest service and I am grateful that you took the time to share your experience, as your remarks clearly point out some issues to work on for the future.

Why don't you just let me know, by using below e-mail address, when you will be with us next time, allowing me to insure you get the service you deserve? I would be glad to meet you on that occasion.

Yours truly,

Stefan Bernstein
Executive Assistant Manager
Sheraton Heathrow Hotel
[email protected]
Old Jul 27, 2004, 7:31 am

Programs: QR P; TK E; FB S; BA S; UA S; MB LTT; HH D; IHG DAmb
Welcome to FlyerTalk, stefber! As an occasional guest at the Sheraton Heathrow myself, I hope you'll participate in this forum in the future. Contributions and assistance here from Starwood staff are very much appreciated!
Old Jul 27, 2004, 11:06 am

Suites at the Sheraton Heathrow? I didn't know they had one!! Also the rate of 99GBP may not seem like a lot but I was getting the same 99GBP at the Hilton Paddington which included breakfast, taxes and dinner on first night!!! I do NOT expect to be upgraded to a suite at this property but the deterioration of staff attitude and services was quite disappointing. At a much lower rate the next time I got the chocolates and water but didn't get the coupon for the newspaper. I was too tired to ask about this. However it is encouraging to note that somebody at this hotel is reading the FT posts Maybe something will improve someday at this hotel--Hope springs eternal!
Old Jul 27, 2004, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After reading horror stories about the Sheraton Heathrow here on FlyerTalk, I decided some time ago to try it myself. I was surprised to find it generally a fine hotel for an airport hotel of this general price category. The rooms I've had have been clean and rather nice, although small. Mixed experiences with any verbal recognition of Platinum elite status.

Here are my last 2 stay reports:

Here's my report on the Sheraton Heathrow from last night's stay...

Arrived also with a Smart room booked and found I had been upgraded to one of the not-so-smart but recently renovated Executive rooms. I inquired as to a suite upgrade and was advised the hotel was full and there were no suites to be had.

Room was new and had the great new bed, and there was a very slight smell of new-ness in the air, but I think the varnish and glue vapors must be dissipating, as it was hardly noticeable to me. Multi-voltage outlets in my room worked just fine and plugged my U.S. 110s right in and revved 'em up, no problem.

The marble bathroom was rather nice considering it's small size.

Room was very nice though, miles better than the plastic vacuformed things they have at the Hilton Heathrow.

Front desk was a bit cold though efficient. No mention of my Platinum status and the room had 2 bottles of water and a small box of chocolates already in it when I opened the door, but I'm not certain this was my Platinum amenity or not. Only card was the Manager's business card, unmarked. It might have just been a standard "Executive Room" amenity.

Room 1312 photos:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/sherLHR1312.jpg
And

While checking in at the Sheraton Heathrow this past Friday, I found I had been upgraded in advance to a Suite. However the Suite was not within range of the T-Mobile Wi-Fi service, so I requested an Executive Room, as they are on the ground floor and are the only rooms that feature the Wi-Fi service.

However, they didn't have any to put me in as they were sold out of Executive Rooms. When I pressed if there might be any type of room where the Wi-Fi might reach into, she typed a bit and then offered me a brand new Executive Room that had yet to see it's first guest. She said the hallway corridor was still full of construction equipment, but they wouldn't be working this weekend, and she had seen the room just that day and said it looked complete, had the Wi-Fi, so would I like it? Sure, I replied.

Very nice. In the 1200 wing. First room in the corridor. Much like the recently refurbished Executive Rooms in the 1300 wing. Only difference in the bedroom portion I could see was the absence of an in-room safe. The big difference is in the bathroom. Much nicer than the other Executive Room wing, IMHO. Same size, but instead of all marble, it's a mix of woods and marble. Very nice. Has lots of little corner shelves to put stuff on. Piped in music control. But the biggest difference is the shower tub combo. Extra large tub that has plenty of room to stretch out in if you wish to soak.

The only refurb-incomplete item in this room was the air heater. They didn't have the heat turned on in this wing yet. But a call down to the desk brought a maintenance man with a space heater in hand, and that worked just fine. He was a bit surprised to see a guest in this wing, he said. Other than that, and the construction stuff out in the hall, it was a fine stay in a nice brand new room.

Room 1219 photos:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/sherLHR1219.jpg
Old Jul 27, 2004, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Hmm. I've stayed at the Sheraton LHR about 7 or 8 times this year (and many more times in the past years) and each stay has been perfect. I am always upgraded to a renovated room even though I usually book a cheap internet rate on the SPG website for about 69GBP. I told them that I prefer fruit rather than chocolate and now I get fruit each time. I like that they have contracted with a private car company to keep cars standing by so I can rush off to LHR rather than waiting for the Hoppa bus. And I especially like the buffet style dinners they have now. It's a great value for a Heathrow hotel. And while I always find the rooms too cool, whenever I call for an engineer to fix the heat, he comes right away. He knows me now and always takes good care of me.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty similar to stimpy's experiences, as I've posted here above and in other threads.

I just found some recent photos of another Executive Room, this time with the fruit welcome amenity which stimpy mentions in his post.

Photos of Room 1315:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/sherLHR1315.jpg
Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:59 pm

Programs: *wood plat, UA ka-zillion ultra-platinum blah blah
Originally Posted by stimpy
And while I always find the rooms too cool, whenever I call for an engineer to fix the heat, he comes right away. He knows me now and always takes good care of me.
You've got to be kidding me! Last week I had a poor experience - basically over the course of 8 hours no maintenance person would come and check on the lack of air-conditioning- the room was hot and stuffy. Several discussions with front-desk staff were fruitless (had to keep walking down to the front desk - no one would pick up the phone!) Couldn't switch rooms until the following day as the hotel was fully booked. No management staff available to help, no interest in responding to my problem.

Got a canned response from Mr. Stefan Bernstein - basically the same as above.

I was responsible for two other guests (fellow plats) staying at the hotel that week, and personally spend well over 100 nights annually at Starwood properties. I so rarely have problems with my stays elsewhere, and when I do the problems are resolved quickly. That isn't the case at the Sheraton Heathrow. And Platinum recognition - none!

I have read the numerous threads on the board about this hotel, and I have to concur with others that if you have a problem at the Sheraton Heathrow hotel, don't expect a satisfactory resolution.

Old Aug 2, 2004, 1:59 pm

Since I started the thread I thought I'd report on my last stay--after the complaints. This time when I checked in I was given --you guessed it-- a card with choices for a platinum amenity!! The check-in gentleman announced my points and asked if I wanted to do something with it whereupon Mrs.ac777 told him we were going to take it with us like the pharaohs of Egypt!!
Anyway there was a fruit tray in the room ( an Executive one where the water in the sinks refued to move fast) with a note from Stefan and the local gift ( chocolates and water) came soon after. There was a tea kettle in the room but no tea bags or coffee. I didn't complain.
It seems they may be getting the message.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I'm at the hotel now and got my usual upgrade to a Smart room. My rate is 79GBP. I too got the Amenity card for the first time. I asked for wine. But otherwise it's just like all my previous stays here. Just fine and a great value for the price, thanks to Platinum status.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 5:18 am

Programs: United MM
I've said this before...
Both the Heathrow Sheratons are pretty bad.
Try the gleaming steel-and-glass Marriott right next to the Skyline. I had a very good stay there.

In fact, the Marriott chain has been doing quite well in London (they opened a new Marriott in South Kensington last year. Again, it's very modern, and very nice).

Don't get me wrong - I am SPG Gold but have no status with Marriott and would prefer to stay at a *wood hotel but when another hotel chain in a particular city is clearly miles ahead, I'd prefer not to suffer the misery of a drab hotel chain.
Old Aug 4, 2004, 7:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, STW Plat, Hyatt Plat, Avis Pref
Smile Good Experience

Booked two rooms for two nights July 30th for my wife and myself and our daughter and her husband. One was for points (rebooked for the Starwood thank you discounted rate of 2,250 pts per night) and the other at the Starwood Vacation Owners rate of 52 GBP per night including full English breakfast for two and a 15 GBP food and beverage credit per night. Asked to be upgraded to a sweet sleeper exec. room and both rooms were upgraded even though we're only SPG gold.

A/C wasn't on when we entered the room and turning it on didn't yield much difference. A complaint to the front desk got us a maintenance man in about ten minutes. Ice was delivered by room service in less than five minutes. The air got better as time went on, but the maint. guy said the circulation motors were small so we couldn't get much volume. The next evening the air temp was fine since we left the A/C on all day.

Both adjoining rooms (1225 and 1226) appeared to be brand new. Very comfortable beds, beautiful woodwork, wallpaper and furnishings in the room and nice tilework and furnishings in the bathroom. Excellent selection of bath amenities including toothbrush/toothpaste kit, shaving kit, half dozen bottles of various shampoos, conditioners, bath gels, lotions, and other amenities as well. Fluffy new towels rounded out the excellent bath appearance.

My only gripe was that the first day four of us had the full English breakfast (57 GBP total) and the second day none of us planned on eating breakfast and none of us did since my wife and I planned to eat in the BA FC lounge at LHR and the others were going to grab something later. The front desk check-out lady politely said that we could not apply the second day breakfast credit to our first day's third and fourth meals. So we had to "eat" the charge of 28.5 GBP for the extra breakfasts. The lady agreed it made no logical sense, but that was their policy.

I would return to this hotel without question for the excellent value, comfortable rooms and good service. ^
Old Aug 4, 2004, 9:36 pm

I would spend the points...

I recently stayed in a standard room. One of the most disgusting rooms I had ever stayed in. The executive rooms are supposed to be MUCH nicer... I'd pay the 1000 for the upgrade

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.