Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:36 pm

At Sheraton Heathrow my rooms have always been comfortable and the price was just right. The breakfast is the typical English Breakfast but not too elaborate. If they did not have the amenity they just sent it along without any fuss. Got the water and choclates. The extra amount at the Skyline is not too justified IMHO
Old Jan 14, 2004, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Yes the Sheraton LHR is quite nice if you have a renovated room. The Skyline has really nice Club and Smart rooms, and they have the pool which is great for jet lag. But if the price difference is 40 quid, forget about it!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:09 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
No problem with the Sheraton LHR for an overnight stay. I always had a renovated room without asking and I also agree that the Hoppa Bus can take longer than the time required to arrive in Paddington.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If they allow more than 2 in the room on a Starwood Free Night aside...The Standard and Executive rooms here are pretty small and it would be difficult to get a roll-away into a King, Queen or Twin here. It would be extremely tight with 5 in one of those puppies!

Here's a shot of an Executive Twin taken just last week. It should give you an idea of just how small the rooms are:

http://members.aol.com/premexfiles/sherLHR1219.jpg

The hotel does have Suites. But I don't know if they have over-sized Family Rooms. You may have to book 2 rooms, both for Free Award policy and space issues.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 2:29 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
I was upgraded to a room on the third floor (3411 & 3412) which had a bedroom and a sitting room, in front of the Presidential suite. I think someone posted in another thread that the 3400 block is the place to be. It was a pleasant surprise after a long day in airports and I will certainly come back, even though the public areas are in need of renovation. One downside : 10 pounds for 45mn of Internet access at the business centre is too expensive.

Old Apr 3, 2004, 4:22 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I stayed at Sheraton Heathrow on 3/28. Requested and got the UPG to a suite, though the adjoining room only had a couch, so requested a rollaway bed for it. Ask for the Red suite if you are PLT. Hoppa was beyond full at 8:30-8:45am so before you buy your ticket, check with others who may be going to the same terminal and split a cab, as the Hoppa also stops at the Holiday Inn on the way to the Airport. I paid GBP55 for the one night and did not try the coffee/breakfast, except in the room which was poor instant, as I was headed straight for the Flagship Lounge anyway.
Old Apr 3, 2004, 10:07 pm

Location: California, AA EXP,HH Gold,Hyatt Diamond, *wood PLT, Amex PLT,
Coincidence--I was there the same day ..

Originally Posted by rbAA
I stayed at Sheraton Heathrow on 3/28. Requested and got the UPG to a suite, though the adjoining room only had a couch, so requested a rollaway bed for it. Ask for the Red suite if you are PLT. Hoppa was beyond full at 8:30-8:45am so before you buy your ticket, check with others who may be going to the same terminal and split a cab, as the Hoppa also stops at the Holiday Inn on the way to the Airport. I paid GBP55 for the one night and did not try the coffee/breakfast, except in the room which was poor instant, as I was headed straight for the Flagship Lounge anyway.
Thanks RJB and rbAA.. I was there on the 28th as well but no upgrade. I asked for a bigger room since the room I was in (1408) was really small and they told me all their rooms were the same size. Paid GBP 68 for the room. Wouldn't stay there again. Agree about the inroom coffee etc. but we had our own tea so that worked out OK. Glad you got the upgrade...u must look a lot more distinguished . I'll try the Skyline next time, because these rooms were really small. Took HOtel Hoppa ...Do u know if one can take the HH to hotels beyond Heathrow??
kelly786
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:48 am

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
Originally Posted by craz
Besides the U3 does anyone know which regular bus #s can be taken from T-4 @ LHR to get the Sheraton Heathrow(NOT Skyline)?
U3 doesn't go from T-4 to the Sheraton Heathrow, but to the Sheraton Skyline!

T-4 to Sheraton Heathrow (bus stop Hatch Line)
- H30
- 555/556/557 to New Road and then change to 81

T1/2/3 (central bus station) to Sheraton Heathrow (bus stop Hatch Line)
- H30
- U3
- 74/75/76

T-4 to Sheraton Skyline (bus stop New Road)
- 555/556/557

T1/2/3 (central bus station) to Sheraton Skyline (bus stop New Road)
- 555/556/557

Always check the schedule for route changes!

Last edited by LH738; Apr 11, 2004 at 10:52 am
Old Apr 11, 2004, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Forget about it, its not the cost to you but that its like going from one term in an airport to another. The cabbies wont do it,not worth their time. I tried it once after 15 mins waiting in the cold just wanted to get to the hotel was waiting for the Hoppa(B4 I knew about the free buses), They couldnt care said it wasnt worth it and they were waiting for a fare where they could make some money and hopoefully get back into the city.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
I had quite an irritating experience last Friday night.

I arrived in LHR T2 at about 10pm, and decided I couldn't be bothered messing around with buses, and took a taxi to go to the Skyline.

When we arrived, the metered fare was 6.70. The driver quite unapologetically claimed to have no change at all: in fact, he was quite in-my-face about it, and was clearly annoyed that I wasn't going into London. I only had 20 notes as I'd just got off the plane.

In the end, I ended up 'tipping' him 3.30 because I just couldn't be bothered to argue with him.

The moral of this story: definitely be prepared for some attitude if you're intending to take a taxi to one of the airport hotels in the evening.
Old Jul 23, 2004, 1:00 pm

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel Hits a New Low

I know this hotel has been discussed before before but I want to give this a special mention. I just checked out of this hotel after a stay--at a price more than the usual for this place and it was a litany of deteriorating service--if they had a service promise I would have got mega points. Here are the pointers:
1. When I booked I had said I was a Platinum member and wanted an early check in. I arrived around 9:30 and there was no room. We waited for a while and got a reasonable room. No significant upgrades
2 I had asked for the Platinum Amenity at check in and was told they are going to get it ready and send it to me. There was no choice given. This elusive amenity did not show up--not even after I had talked to the deputy manager the next day. He said he was the deputy manager on the phone but it could have been anybody. I suggested to him that if they are not going to provide a pltinum amanity at least they should be honest enough to tell me at check-in. He said he was going to enquire..... Royal Commission must be coming up.
3. Mrs ac777 asked for an iron and ironing board which was going to come in 5 minutes but took 65 minutes and a complaint to the said deputy manager before it finally showed up.
4. When on check out I told the plain looking front desk lady about the deteriorating service- she just rolled her eyes and did nothing--as if to say so what is new--after all this is the Sheraton Heathrow Hotel and if you came here even after reading the FT Posts it is your problem.

If I had paid the usual rate (in the past I had always received Plat amenities at this hotel) I would have not complained this much, but for 99 GBP at this hotel I expected better.

Of course I do not expect the hotel to do anything to improve services as they seem to consider they are a cheap hotel so why should service be provided.

Now my problem is I had booked 2 more nights on the Pre paid rates at this hotel and have to stay there or give up all the amounts charged. But let this be a lesson to all-- if you stay at the Sheraton Heathrow--do not expect good service or recognition-- you will be disappointed. Buyer beware!!

When I get back to Canada I'll write to the manager at that hotel with a copy to the Lurker--at least to let them know they are not doing a good job. I do know it's like whistling in a tornado but why not!
Old Jul 23, 2004, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by NickW
Are you definitely talking about the Sheraton Heathrow, rather than the Skyline? I was at the Sheraton Heathrow a few weeks ago, 25 June in fact, and was not offered a choice of amenity (it was a tiny box of chocolates and a couple of bottles of water), the room was small and not nearly as nice as those at the Skyline - where they do offer the amenity choice.
I think he is talking about the skyline too. That is the one usually on priceline.

I am surprised Sheraton Heathrow continues to be the same. From my considerable experience with this hotel...you can have a good or very bad experience depending on a couple of things.

If you are in their VIP list and pay non pre-paid rates, you get the junior suite upgrades. These rooms are usually pre-prepared with amenities, water, etc., and are usually available early in the day as they are not always filled the previous night. So you get a fairly decent stay as long as you don't need anything else from this hotel in terms of service.

If you are not in their VIP list or have paid the pre-paid rates, you will most likely get into their "executive room" as a platinum as long as your reservation is not last minute (i.e., the reservations could be processed early that day). The executive room is simply their renovated room, nothing special. If the room was empty the previous night, it will be prepared with the amenities and you can most likely check in very early.

If you book at the last minute or they screw up your reservations or the room was occupied late from previous night, then just forget about the amenities. You are lucky to even get a decent room even if suites are available. The check-in staff don't seem to be authorized to assign suites. Any service requests ither than in-room dining most of the time will never happen even if you keep calling. For anything you need (dysfunctional TV, faucet, missing towels/amenities/hangars/etc/), you will need to go down and camp out at the counter and join the other people screaming with frustration at the counter (I have never seen another hotel where there is that many angry shouting going on from customers so the check-in staff is very immune to these things) to ensure you get whatever you need.

So some stays will be just fine but stay enough time and you will have the stays like the above. Sometimes, if you are unlucky you will have such a stay the very first time you stay here and will never come back here again.
Old Jul 24, 2004, 6:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Thanks for the reminder. I forgot to draft up a complaint letter about my Sheraton Heathrow stay in May.

I recommend avoiding this hotel. And the worst thing is that they advertise their "renovated" rooms with the new sleeper beds, but you'd be lucky if you get one with SPG status and then even forgiving that your request for a certain room type gets shrugged off twice like they are trying to teach you a lesson -- i.e., don't come back here.

This hotel has to have the WORST beds to try to sleep on of any hotel I have ever stayed at.

I bascially shifted everything to Hyatt after wonder blunders at the Four Points in Santiago, denial of health club access at the Sheraton Buenos Aires, Sheraton Delhi adventures (again) and then the Sheraton Heathrow. I use a three strikes and your out policy. 3 (or 4) strikes in a 6 month period just got annoying. Anything with a Sheraton in it's name is just not for me and if I have nothing more than Corporate status next year, then c'est la vie. W's, Luxury Collection, St. Regis, and (some) Westin, are fine, but the Sheraton name is so very inconsistent (from the great Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit to the anything but great Sheraton Heathrow).

I am surprised Starwood would even allow for this place to be a Four Points by Sheraton -- not to talk about a Sheraton.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 24, 2004 at 6:34 am
Old Jul 24, 2004, 6:54 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
While I didn't expect the Sheraton Heathrow to be anything very special, my stay in March was better than I expected. I was travelling with a fellow FT member and we were given a suite, though the second room only had a couch. We asked for a roll a way bed and it was delivered quickly. The amenity was water and chocolates and they were in the room for us. The best part was the GBP59 rate.

I thought the service was fine and the PLT treatment was good. The only problem was the Hoppa bus was full when it arrived the next morning and we had to take a cab to get to checkin on time. We had already paid for our bus tickets at the front desk. They didn't go to waste as my friend goes to LHR frequently.
Old Jul 25, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
pre-paid

I have no way of knowing if I am on the Sheraton Heathrow VIP list, but on my last two pre-paid stays I was upgraded to a suite as a Platinum SPG member. One of them had a TV screen almost the size of the entire wall.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.