Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Apr 26, 2003, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH738...Did you happen to notice if the Smart Room at the Sheraton Heathrow had Hi-Speed TurboNet available in it?
Old Apr 26, 2003, 10:03 pm

Programs: LH Sen // HH Dia; Bonvoy LTTE
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
LH738...Did you happen to notice if the Smart Room at the Sheraton Heathrow had Hi-Speed TurboNet available in it?</font>
Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to it. The next visit will be soon, so I'll check it out.

edited to add:
The hotel Hoppa bus was mentioned several times above. It costs 3GBP one-way and a longer waiting time.
A better alternative are the public buses which are free of charge. Public bus H30 can be used from terminal T4 and from terminals T1/T2/T3 (go to "Central bus station"). The bus stop is "Hatch line" with a walking distance of 150-200m. Public bus U3 uses the same stop "Hatch line" but drives only to/from terminals T1/T2/T3 (go to "Central bus station"). These buses operate from about 5am to midnight.

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 04-26-2003).]
Old Apr 29, 2003, 1:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
LH738...Did you happen to notice if the Smart Room at the Sheraton Heathrow had Hi-Speed TurboNet available in it?</font>
Njet. There's no high speed Internet access in the Smart rooms.

The amenity kit (chocolate/fruits + water) is not the room amenity kit (as assumed by some - including me; see posts above). It is actually the Platinum welcome gift which is prepared in the room before arrival.
I've been upgraded to a renovated executive room (though I had entered a remark in the booking that I don't want the upgrade). The check-in agent "corrected" the room to a Smart room. When I arrived in the room, there was no welcome gift. 5-10min later, the welcome gift (chocolates + water) was brought into my room - automatically .

Old May 10, 2003, 2:06 am

Quite a surprise during my last stay before flying home. I asked again not to be upgraded in a renovated executive room. I'd like to stay in the booked smart room. The check-in agent asked some questions if and why I don't like the new rooms and then he surprised me by an upgrade to a Junior Suite.

Sheraton Heathrow Hotel, Junior Suite
The suites aren't renovated (yet): the condition of the Suite is similiar as the Smart rooms. You have to expect older rooms: IMO, it's still ok to stay in these rooms. The Junior suite had a living and a bed room, a small bathroom and the (standard Sheraton Heathrow) bathroom. There's plenty of space in the living room with a working desk, no high-speed modem access. A Burberrys shower gel was among the bathroom amenities .
During check-in I was also asked if I prefer the standard amenity (chocolates + water) or if I'd like a voucher for the bar.

-------------------------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Old May 14, 2003, 4:00 am

No pictures this time (again an Exec. room) but an inquiry sent to Sheraton Customer Service (accidentally it was the 25. stay this year = Plat requalification). I asked to get an answer to my questions:

1.) Why does the hotel refuse to honour a confirmed reservation? (Only with a lot of luck and patience I got a room. I was clearly told that the hotel doesn't honour the reservation because it was not made with Starwood directly - but then obviously the reservation was found and things changed immediately)

2.) Why is the reservation tracking so complicated? (I handed out a printed confirmation with all details as e.g. confirmation number. It took 45min to find the reservation)

Arrival/Check-in
I arrived some minutes after 21:00 in the Sheraton Heathrow. The hotel didn't find a reservation under my name and the hotel told me that they had no free rooms left. I then showed my printed reservation confirmation. The room had been booked on www.hrs.de a few hours ago (confirmed with a credit card, so I would have had to pay in case I don't show up). The check-in agent called several hotels (Marriott, Renaissance, I saw the list on the desk which was already very long), but no rooms were available. At that stage I offered to go/cancel if I get Starpoints for 2 nights as compensation + stay/night credit. (I then would go back to the airport and ask for a car rental in order to drive to the south where I have to go the next morning anyway.) The agent checked about my inquiry and then tried again to call a hotel (Hilton) - but there were only suites available.

After another conversation between the check-in agent and people in the back office the whole process took a twist. The hotel refused to honour my reservation at all. The explanation: the hotel didn't accept any bookings since the day before. The reservation was not made with Starwood and therefore it is not possible to honour it. The current situation (with obviously all hotel rooms around London Heathrow booked) gives them no possibility to be of further help. In the meantime it was 22:00. My chances to get a car rental had decreased dramatically (The car rentals won't have open that long and I still had to go there). So I had no other chance and I started another discussion with the check-in agent about honouring the reservation. Suddenly someone came from the back-office. Obviously they had found the reservation now and within a few seconds I had a room.

Finally, I got the room and there was no real damage (ignoring some annoyance and the loss of time with a wake-up time of 4:30am the next morning). Nevertheless I'm worried about the way the situation was handed. I'm quite displeased that the hotel was about not to honour a confirmed reservation.
Old May 19, 2003, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
New rooms at the Sheraton Heathrow

The rate was too cheap (60 pounds) to avoid this place as I have for years. Skyline wanted 120 pounds. I heard about the new rooms so I gave it a try. They are quite nice, but not completely what I expect.

They do have the multiple electrical outlets for U.K., Europe and U.S. inset in the desk. They do have a nice two-line speaker phone, minibar, decent bed, new bathrooms & upgraded furnishings.

They do not have broadband internet, nor does the heat work very well. They give out the free newspaper coupon, but the gift shop doesn't open til 8am.

The Platinum amenity is a box of chocolates and two small bottles of water. No wine.
Old May 19, 2003, 7:29 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I just avoided this "Hotel" this past weekend. Try the Renaissance LHR. It was pretty nice and the service was excellent.
Old May 19, 2003, 8:52 am

Where did you find that rate? Thinking about staying there mainly for the indoor pool area (great for the kids during an overnight layover).

Robin
Old May 19, 2003, 11:20 am
formerly known as CARTflagman

I thought the new rooms were in a good location (first floor towards the back of the property) but I'd settle for my usual "Blue Suite" if I have a choice. The hotel suites were booked on my stay earlier this month so I had the opportunity to sample the new rooms.

For as quick stay, they were "not to bad" but kinda smallish for me. The rate is what really makes the difference for my leisure travel, but if I were not paying the tab, I'd stay at another location.

CF
Old May 19, 2003, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I got the 60 pound rate at spg.com
Old Jul 28, 2003, 10:27 pm

Best way from LHR T3 to Sheraton Heathrow?

I'll be arriving at LHR T3 at about 9pm after a day flight from BOS, staying at Sheraton Heathrow overnight before onward connection the next morning. (I know the place's reputation, per http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/006489.html and others, but the priceline price was too good to pass up.)

Recommended way of getting from T3 to the hotel? Will have four people in total, so 3GBP per person for "hotel hoppa" bus doesn't seem like such a good deal. Taxi would be cheaper? LH738 mentions (in the thread linked above) the prospect of public buses -- namely U3 from the central bus station. This sounds pretty good to me... Anyone else's experience? How often does it come? How can it be free, as LH738 says it is? Any guidance as to how to avoid missing our stop?
Old Jul 29, 2003, 12:56 am

1.) Ask the driver about the Sheraton. He will tell you as soon as he arrives at the stop (I asked several times for the Sheratons and other hotels around Heathrow. The bus drivers were always very helpful. The drivers know the hotels around Heathrow and the best stop. They remember you even in a crowded bus. If you are unsure wait next to the driver during the transfer). The first time the bus driver also explained how to walk to the Sheraton Heathrow (about 150-200m; the hotel is on the opposite side of a McDonalds [which can be seen from the bus stop])

2.) The bus comes regularly (more regularly than the Hoppa). Maybe all 20min average (depends also from peak/low times).

3.) I don't know why the bus is free. All public buses around Heathrow are free (if you drive longer distances, you have to pay. All passengers have to enter through the front entrance and tell the driver the final destination. If your route is "longer", then you have to pay or show a ticket. The Sheraton Heathrow is still within the "no charge" zone. I don't know where the zone ends). I really asked the driver(s): the buses ARE FREE. The bus drivers will refuse to take money if you want to pay for the transfer. Also no tipping necessary. (My guess why the bus is free: the aim is to reduce the traffic around Heathrow. Hotels are not allowed anymore to operate their own [free] Shuttle services. Therefore hotels advertise to use the Hoppa. But go with the public bus. Many airport/airline staff use these free buses.)

------------------
Pictures from hotel stays
Basic Hotel stays/nights/points calculator
Short overview: KLM FD, LH M&M

[This message has been edited by LH738 (edited 07-29-2003).]
Old Jul 29, 2003, 3:12 am

BAA provides a map on their website showing all the free buses.

http://www.baa.co.uk/pdf/travel_around_hal.pdf

Sheraton Heathrow is in the top left corner. As well as the U3 there are several other services which also stop near the Sheraton. They are all free.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 10:22 am
Suspended

bedelman, how much did it cost in the end.
Ill be overnighting it mid-Aug and booked a 69 GBP rate including vat at the Sheraton Skyline. I needed the night credit towards remaining a Plat. but would love to see what you got on PL.
Sheraton Heathrow was the same 69 GBP but Skyline was closer wanted the Hilton but at close to $300 US$ I thought Sheraton would do.
Old Jul 29, 2003, 12:13 pm

Rate was USD$62 per room per night, plus taxes and fees. (I got two rooms for one night.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.