Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old Jun 24, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Heathrow, LHR London Heathrow Airport, UK [Master Thread]

Old May 23, 2008, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just stayed at the Sheraton LHR again on Wednesday night. I found a few things out.

PLTs get upgraded to the club level and have access to the lounge.

Even though I'll be a lowly GLD for another 9 stays, I was able to wander into the lounge to check out in the morning. The rooms that are numbered 32xx are not club rooms and half of the rooms that are numbered 31xx are not. The rest on the third floor are.

My opinion still hasn't really changed of the hotel. The Skyline has better food (IMO) and the bar is much nicer at the Skyline. Advantages to the Sheraton LHR are cost (it's usually a few quid cheaper) and if you need to hire a car, it's easy to pick one up right at the Thrifty inside the Sheraton LHR (but be prepared to wait as they have one person working and it appears to be against any of their workers' contracts to multitask -- I had to wait over an hour for my car on a Sunday, fortunately, I didn't really have much to do other than drive for a few hours). My usual routine is to arrive, stay a night, pick up a car in the morning, return on my last night and drop the car and stay till the morning flight.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Sheraton Heathrow: Priceline.com stay

I happened to get a room at the Sheraton Heathrow from priceline.com. At check-in I presented my SPG Platinum card and was very warmly received by the receptionist. She disappeared for a moment and came back saying that she had upgraded me to a renovated room on the club floor, with full club privileges, and that 4pm check-out would be no problem. She also said I would get the 500 point Platinum bonus. I was very pleasantly surprised as hotels are under no obligation to grant any Platinum privileges when on priceline.com stays, as I understand the rules. The room itself is very clean and pleasant, with light wood furniture, but tiny. The receptionist told me that Sheraton Heathrow has no suites eligible for upgrade. Given the poor reputation of this hotel, I was very favorably impressed with the room and the fine treatment.

Amended to add: The Lounge serves both cocktails and breakfast. During the cocktail hour, the lounge offers two hot snacks, small sandwiches, beer, wine, soft drinks, etc. Breakfast has sausage, bacon, beans, boiled eggs, croissants and pastries, fresh orange juice and other drinks, fruit (whole and sliced), coffee, tea, and other items. There are two complimentary computers connected to the internet, but wireless is charged. A very attentive young lady is in charge of the lounge during the time when food is served; at other times it is unattended and is open 24 hours with complimentary soft drinks, water, pretzels and similar items.

Last edited by ajnaro; Sep 30, 2008 at 6:39 am Reason: added part about lounge
Old Nov 8, 2008, 9:33 am

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
I have a flight out of Heathrow so decided to have a punt with Priceline.co.uk and this hotel popped up on my first bid of £50. Having used Priceline several times, I know you don't usually get breakfast included in the price but looking on the Starwood's own website, there doesn't seem to be rate that actually mentions breakfast. If you don't have Gold status (or higher), is breakfast always an additional charge regardless of where you book?

Also if I have already checked-in online and my flight is at 8.20am (LHR-JFK out of Terminal 4 on a Tuesday morning), what is the latest time I should leave this hotel if taking one of those £8 private cabs that apparently hang around at the front?
Old Dec 15, 2008, 7:25 pm

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
Stayed here and found the hotel good value for 62 (50 + Priceline's charges).

I used the bus as others have explained and it was quite a walk from the bus stop but apart from that inconvenience, the hotel was fine.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 8:36 am
Suspended

Arriving from T3 and departing to T5 the next morning, is the Hoppa still the easiest transfer option ?
Old Mar 7, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA gold
If it's any use to UK based flyers i called this hotel direct today looking for a hotel and parking deal.

Rate quoted for 1 room at the end of march plus 16 days parking was 115

A V. good deal I thought
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:52 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I stayed for one night on Feb. 20, '09 before a flight out the next morning. I got a great deal on the SPG website of 45. I was upgraded to a club floor room, but we arrived too late to use it the night before (Fri.) and the lounge is closed on weekends so it was of no use to us. We did however receive a voucher for breakfast the next morning instead. We ate a late dinner at the restaurant and it was surprisingly good. My boyfriend had bangers and mash, and I had the fish & chips. They were excellent. Breakfast was also quite good with a very large buffet spread. Also, if you want to save money on some fast food, there is a McDonald's right across the street.

Note: being used to free airport hotel shuttles in the U.S., I was kind of surprised that the hotel buses from Heathrow are not free. As explained in previous posts, the Hoppa buses are a shared system among different hotels (make sure you have the right number bus for your hotel) and the tickets are 4 each. For two people both ways... 16 is enough to take into consideration if you are trying to save money.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Mar 7, 2009 at 11:04 pm
Old Mar 7, 2009, 11:06 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by stimpy
However I ALWAYS take the private car from the hotel back to the airport. It's well worth the 8 pounds.
Does anyone know more info about this? Is it a service of the Sheraton?
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:11 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Does anyone know more info about this? Is it a service of the Sheraton?
Well, it is an agreement between the Sheraton and the taxi company. If you want to charge the expense to your room, you just sign a receipt and they give you the cash needed to pay the driver. Very easy and cost effective.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I usually have the cash in hand as sometimes you can split the fare with someone else who is heading your way. Especially when it is busy and you forgot to reserve a car in advance!

I think it's now 10 pounds for T5, but the last time I split it with another guy.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hhilton Gold
I would choose Sheraton Skyline anytime over Sheraton Heathrow which despite recent modernisation is very rundown, club rooms are small with the tiniest bathrooms and I find that there is a bad musty smell throughout the property. They do offer some great rates at the hotel but I would think this property might easily qualify for the worst Starwood in Europe.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Well, it is an agreement between the Sheraton and the taxi company. If you want to charge the expense to your room, you just sign a receipt and they give you the cash needed to pay the driver. Very easy and cost effective.
I think there is a sign saying it will cost 10% more if the fare is charged to the room?

Originally Posted by Stimpy
I think it's now 10 pounds for T5, but the last time I split it with another guy.
10 for T1, 2 and 3, 12 for T5, 15 for T4, from memory.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:22 am

Programs: Amex Plat; IHG Spire Elite; AZ Freccia Alata, SPG Gold; ClubCarlson Gold; Accor Plat; BA Bronze.
Originally Posted by jimcleaver
If it's any use to UK based flyers i called this hotel direct today looking for a hotel and parking deal.

Rate quoted for 1 room at the end of march plus 16 days parking was 115

A V. good deal I thought
The Skyline is almost always cheaper, at 85 plus tax.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by yossimills
The Skyline is almost always cheaper, at 85 plus tax.
Huh? The Sheraton LHR is ALWAYS cheaper than the Skyline. I've never in over 10 years of staying at LHR seen the Skyline cheaper than the Sheraton LHR.

As for the cars, the price for years was only about 6 pounds to T1/2/3, but it really shot up last year when petrol prices rose. Sounds like it is still going up.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
Huh? The Sheraton LHR is ALWAYS cheaper than the Skyline. I've never in over 10 years of staying at LHR seen the Skyline cheaper than the Sheraton LHR.

As for the cars, the price for years was only about 6 pounds to T1/2/3, but it really shot up last year when petrol prices rose. Sounds like it is still going up.
I have seen the Skyline cheaper than the Heathrow 3 or 4 times. I agree that the Heathrow is almost always cheaper but it is not true to say it is ALWAYS cheaper. For weekend stays there is very little difference in rates between the 2 properties so inventory quirks can push the price of the Heathrow above that of the Skyline. I have also had this happen mid week too.

Yossimills was wrong though the Skyline is almost never cheaper. If the Skyline was always cheaper then surely noone would ever stay at the Heathrow

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.