Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Guilin China [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Guilin China [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 2:53 am

Programs: UA: 1K MM, Marriott Ambassador, Platinum IHG. Diamond: Hilton. Silver: Delta & Hyatt
Hotel was under renovation when I visited in April 2008. Location as other have said was unbeatable. Guilin is a fantastic spot for a long weekend.
-UFFA
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Concorde agent in HKG e-mailed me and said there had been confusion, because the information in Chinese referred to it as the Daewoo Guilin hotel. OTOH, the hotel's own website, in Chinese, has it in English as the Sheraton Guilin Hotel (link.)

Click on "English" and it takes you to the SPG page <link.>
Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:11 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by JDiver
The Concorde agent in HKG e-mailed me and said there had been confusion, because the information in Chinese referred to it as the Daewoo Guilin hotel. OTOH, the hotel's own website, in Chinese, has it in English as the Sheraton Guilin Hotel (link.)

Click on "English" and it takes you to the SPG page <link.>
Hi JDiver,

I hope I do manage to advise you correctly as I am trying to understand your concerns.

Some of our Chinese names for our properties in China do not include names of the brands. I am not able to advise on the reasons behind that but I can give you one example. St. Regis Beijing has a Chinese name "北京国际俱乐部饭店" which might be translated literally to "Beijing International Country Club Hotel".

So in this case, "桂林大宇大饭店" might be translated to "Guilin Dayu(Daewoo) Hotel".

Do you have any problems with your reservations, be it awards or BAR? Do let me know.

[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:00 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
That's interesting. It was called 桂林喜來登大宇大飯店 ( Guilin Sheraton Daewoo Hotel) when I stayed there a few years ago. So the hotel decided to drop "Sheraton" out of its Chinese name. I don't know how many Chinese know Daewood as a hotel brand. Starwood probably shouldn't have allowed this to begin with.

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi JDiver,

I hope I do manage to advise you correctly as I am trying to understand your concerns.

Some of our Chinese names for our properties in China do not include names of the brands. I am not able to advise on the reasons behind that but I can give you one example. St. Regis Beijing has a Chinese name "北京国际俱乐部饭店" which might be translated literally to "Beijing International Country Club Hotel".

So in this case, "桂林大宇大饭店" might be translated to "Guilin Dayu(Daewoo) Hotel".

Do you have any problems with your reservations, be it awards or BAR? Do let me know.

[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2008, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by jimmychang
That's interesting. It was called 桂林喜來登大宇大飯店 ( Guilin Sheraton Daewoo Hotel) when I stayed there a few years ago. So the hotel decided to drop "Sheraton" out of its Chinese name. I don't know how many Chinese know Daewood as a hotel brand. Starwood probably shouldn't have allowed this to begin with.
Hi jimmychang,

Thank you for bringing this up. I do not know that 喜来登 was removed from its name previously but I would check with my colleagues in China for the right historical list of events.

[email protected]
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
St. Regis Beijing has a Chinese name "北京国际俱乐部饭店" which might be translated literally to "Beijing International Country Club Hotel".
The St Regis Beijing was actually known as "International Club Hotel" before the rebranding. I suppose they just maintained the chinese name.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
oops..the first time I saw Chinese right here!!

第一次(the first time) 我(I) 在這裡(right here) 看到(saw) 中文(Chinese)!!

Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:37 am

Hi all

I have updates from the property itself.

The official name for this property now is 桂林喜来登饭店. The website that JDiver has provided is no longer in use since three years back.

Do take note. I have also notified my colleagues as well.

[email protected]
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jimmychang
Do they upgrade platinum to a suite? What's the best choice of rooms?
I'm merely Gold and I was upgraded to a top floor suite at the Sheraton Guilin on two separate one night stays (with a boat trip to Yangshuo in between them).
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Anjy recent update?

ooops. typo on title. Duped post. Sorry.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Any recent update?

It has been 5 months since the last post on this thread.
Has anyone stay at Sheraton Guilin recently? If so, please update info re post renovation facility status. Lounge, room, gym and internet?
Many praised its location without additional details. How long is a taxi ride from airport to hotel & fare? Know it is near the Li River, how far is it to the pier to take the boat ride to Yangshou? Notice any ATM around the hotel area?

Oh, yes, none of the links in prior posts work at all.
Can someone also provide address in Chinese character? Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 12:18 am

Hello,

Has anybody stayed at this property recently with any updates?

Would like to know what the platinum upgrade is and anything else we should be aware of

This is the only SPG property in town and we are planning on arriving Thursday night and departing on Sunday afternoon later this month. Hopefully, it should be enough time for us to explore this beautuful city.

Thanks
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:03 am

Smile Very Nice Property

I stayed in this Property last year an they upgraded me to a suite. It is best to send an email to Hotel Manager before you arrive.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by doesun
Hello,

Has anybody stayed at this property recently with any updates?

Would like to know what the platinum upgrade is and anything else we should be aware of

This is the only SPG property in town and we are planning on arriving Thursday night and departing on Sunday afternoon later this month. Hopefully, it should be enough time for us to explore this beautuful city.

Thanks
We also planning a trip to Guilin in November 2010 and would appreciate hearing from anyone who stayed at Sheraton Guilin recently with any updates?

Also like to know if it's reasonably easy to find a taxi at the airport or should we pre-arrange a pick up with the hotel.

Many thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:47 am

Just stayed at the Sheraton Guilin hotel in a Club Level room. My room appeared to have been recently renovated and was in very good condition. Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is also very well located.

I arrived in the evening. Taxis were quite plentiful at the airport but I pre-arranged with the hotel to send a car to pick me up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.