Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare - Rosemont, IL [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Chicago O'Hare - Rosemont, IL [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am at the hotel now... Was given a nice corner suite- it is comfortable and quiet. There are a number of restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel- and also next door at the Holdiay Inn Select there is a nice place for a drink after dinner with a patio.
Only complaint- no bathrobes! What is up with that? I don't know why- but this really bugs me.
Good option if you want to be close by Ohare I think.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: HHonors, Delta
Has anyone stayed here in 2009? Have rooms been updated recently? Is there a club floor (am hearing mixed reviews on that)?

Thanks in advance,
Took
Old Apr 21, 2009, 10:47 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: National Executive, AAdvantage Platinum, SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Haven't stayed in 2009 but late 2008. No club floor and definitely no club lounge. I believe the latter was taken away in 2004. IIRC, I'm pretty sure that we got breakfast coupons for use in the hotel atrium restaurant as Platinum members. Rooms are all suites and in pretty good shape from the renovations accomplished a few years back. The latest remodeling was just on the first floor mainly the bathrooms near the meeting rooms. All things considered a decent Sheraton. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 11:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
I was there over the weekend and had a very pleasant stay. The rooms are all mini suites with a separate bedroom and a comfortable living area. I'm not sure when the rooms were re-done, but they're just standard, dull hotel issue. Flat screen tv's are in both rooms. Internet was free, but I'm not sure if that was just for plats.

We were given free vouchers for the breakfast buffet, and I have no complaints. Plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, juices, breads, eggs, french toast and bacon.

All in all, a fine stay if you need a room at the airport. My only complaint is that the front desk staff sometimes disappears. I forgot to mention....there's also a free shuttle to and from the airport.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
2 stays this summer

Originally Posted by wcrhkd
I'm not sure when the rooms were re-done, but they're just standard, dull hotel issue.
I agree with this and also have the impression that the last renovation was really a "renovation lite." The bathrooms feel like they're cleaned up versions of whatever they were when the hotel was built. The free breakfast in lieu of a lounge is nice and the fitness room is cozy but sufficient (as long as you don't hit it at the morning peak, I would guess). My last room smelled a little smoky when I walked in. But it was late at night so I just made do. The proximity to the airport is fantastic. The outdated vibe of the bathrooms, however, will probably send me exploring some other properties in the area on my next trip.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Plat; NWA Silver; SPG Plat
I'll agree with the general theme of the review thread.
I was looking for a one night stay (arriving at 8pm, leaving at 8am) and was treated well by the front desk (offered my plat amenity, given breakfast coupon, drink coupon, told about free wifi).

I was in an spg room on the 10th floor that could definitely use some rewallpapering in places, but it was "fine". Bathroom was small, but did look recently redone with the sheraton subway-tiles and curved shower curtain.

Oh, and they had Wall Street Journals set out with breakfast for those who actively dislike USA Today.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:10 pm

Anyone able to provide an email address for this hotel? I had a customer service issue with a stay last friday that I would like to follow up with the hotel.

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2010, 12:59 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report 12/17-12/18

Location: The hotel was perfectly located for me as I was eating at Harry Carry's that night and it's not too far from ORD. I prefer to be on the western part of Mannheim rather than the Eastern as I think it's an easier drive. Plus it was walking distance to a few restaurants as well as a McDonalds and it was easy to get on I-190 the next day.

Hotel: The hotel was like no other Starwood Property I've been to and had a bit of an Embassy Suites feel to it. There was a large lobby which contained a business center (term used loosely, it was mainly computers at desks with a printer by the restaurant), the restaurant and the bar in an atrium area with scenic elevators off to one side. Parking is not free and is paid for in the lobby, though it is free at the neighboring Holiday Inn. I don't know if that would work.

Check-In: I came in behind a Continental pilot who was checked in really quickly before they moved onto me. The agent was very friendly, welcomed me as a Starwood member and explained where everything in the hotel was. She also asked how my day was going which is always appreciated.

Room: While the hotel is all suite, I was moved to a corner room which I believe is a little larger. There was a nice sized living room with flat screen TV, couch and chair as well as a desk. The bathroom was between the bedroom and living room and had a good shower. The bedroom was pretty large and had a very comfortable king sized bed, a bureau with another flat screen TV and a view of the Holiday Inn across the way. I was very happy with this room, it was nicer than the average Embassy property I'm used to and often in a two room situation one TV is nice, one isn't, so having two nice ones was a plus.

Other: Internet is $9.99 a day but I did not partake. I visited the gift shop for snacks and was happy with their pricing, however, breakfast seemed exorbitant. In addition to a pretty limited menu (no Eggs Benedict! Say it ain't so), a bagel and cream cheese was $4.50 so I declined. There was a large gathering the night I arrived so there was a lot of noise around the computers in the lobby. But overall I was very happy at this hotel.

My rate was a lovely $75.99 and I would gladly stay here again.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10;15489554[B
Hotel:[/B] The hotel was like no other Starwood Property I've been to and had a bit of an Embassy Suites feel to it.
It used to be an Embassy Suites.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
It used to be an Embassy Suites.
Well, don't I feel smart
Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
Well, don't I feel smart 8-)
Actually I asked the exact same question a couple of years ago- so we are in the same boat (whether that is a good thing or not...).
Near ORD I have become quite partial to the IC- however in terms of SPG options the Sheraton is a good choice.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Stayed at the Sheraton Suites two months back. Rate was about $100.

Platinum upgrade to large corner suite. Large size but has an slightly rundown feeling to the property. Comfortable bed etc and nothing specific to compalin about.

As a PLT got two coupons for breakfast in restaurant. I pointed out that I already had 2 coupons included in my rate and was able to get a total of four coupons (used them for ourv friends who were picking us up that next morning). ^

I prefer the rooms and ambiance at the Westin O'Hare but the Sheraton is a reasonable and often cheaper option. The free breakfast thrown in means that you can often safe some serious $s over a stay at the Westin.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer

As a PLT got two coupons for breakfast in restaurant. I pointed out that I already had 2 coupons included in my rate and was able to get a total of four coupons
Obviously the hotel of choice for Hobbits passing through Chicago on their way to Mordor
Old Feb 21, 2011, 5:47 pm

Does anybody know if Golds also get free wifi at this property?

Also, my flight out of O'hare will be at 7am and their restaurant not open till 6am. Any suggestion on where to get breakfast except airport? I probably already know an answer to my last question. (eat at airport )
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Also, my flight out of O'hare will be at 7am and their restaurant not open till 6am. Any suggestion on where to get breakfast except airport? I probably already know an answer to my last question. (eat at airport )
Do you like McGriddles? There's a McDonalds right behind the property. Not much else around that serves breakfast I don't think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.