Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Read House, Chattanooga, TN [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Read House, Chattanooga, TN [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
this brings the # of Starwood properties in the area to ZERO.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...name/?business

He said they've negotiated an extension through April 2015 and the hotel will remain on Sheraton's reservation system so guests can continue to generate lodging points.

But, Hodges said, the hotel is dropping the Sheraton name and will be known as the Read House.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:32 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by runfromthefire
Even though you may be correct, based solely on the information in the link, I believe it is premature to absolutely declare the above statement.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:46 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
But, Hodges said, the hotel is dropping the Sheraton name and will be known as the Read House.
I do wonder why...

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I just stayed at a US Sheraton in a club floor room where there was:
- no bathrobe
- no minibar or fridge (neither full nor empty)
- no in-room safe
- no work desk
- somewhat odd sweet sleeper bed (the layering/mattress texture felt unusual and somewhat soft with lumps - but this may just have been my room)

So it piqued my curiousity, as the above have been present in virtually all of my Sheraton stays over the past many years...

(For sake of completeness, the hotel I am refering to is the Sheraton Read House in Tennessee.)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...standards.html
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:31 pm

There was a Westin announced in 2012 for an office building about two blocks from the Read House that was being converted. However it has vanished from the upcoming list at Starwood and I can't find any recent mention of it in news articles online.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AA LT Plat, DL Silver
delete

Last edited by PhxFlyGuy; Oct 31, 2014 at 9:07 am Reason: subject addressed in above post
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by James Luckard
There was a Westin announced in 2012 for an office building about two blocks from the Read House that was being converted. However it has vanished from the upcoming list at Starwood and I can't find any recent mention of it in news articles online.
i never got an answer, either. Was supposed to be at the old "Gold" Blue Cross Blue Shield building. I thought it had great potential too.

It's essentially a marriott or HH town, now.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by controller1
Even though you may be correct, based solely on the information in the link, I believe it is premature to absolutely declare the above statement.
The large Sheraton "S" at the entrance to the valet has been removed recently.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 7:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Sil, UA Sil, Hyatt Global, MR Amb, Hilton Diamond, National Exec, Hertz Pres
The Club Lounge is now gone, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.