Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Woodsmit
Late Checkout Policy

Late Checkouts are subject to availability. Please note the following fees:

Between 11am and 12pm: Complimentary
Between 12pm and 2pm: 40 USD + tax
Between 2pm and 4pm: 99 USD + tax
After 4pm: One night room rate, tax and Resort Fee

Resort Fee

The resort has a mandatory 25 USD per day Resort Fee plus taxes. The Resort Fee covers in-room High Speed Internet Access, 2 bottles of water daily, unlimited access to full-service health club, unlimited domestic long distance (US mainland) and local calls, tennis equipment and access to the lighted courts, seasonal pool access and recreational activities. The Resort Fee was waived for SPG Platinums for reservations made prior to December 6th 2016, but the Resort Fee will be applied to subsequent SPG Platinum guest reservations at a slightly reduced rate of $20 per day.
Print Wikipost

Walt Disney World Swan - Orlando [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2002, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG GLD, PC PLT SPIRE
The redesigned rooms look really nice.

But I wonder, if after a couple 1,000s of rugrats (WDW being the family destination that it is), those white sheets and comforter covers aren't gonna start looking a bit "dirty"?

And since they are moving towards a "modern luxury look" I'd assume that prices are going to go up to a modern luxury price too?
Old Oct 17, 2002, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by onedog:
The redesigned rooms look really nice.

But I wonder, if after a couple 1,000s of rugrats (WDW being the family destination that it is), those white sheets and comforter covers aren't gonna start looking a bit "dirty"?

And since they are moving towards a "modern luxury look" I'd assume that prices are going to go up to a modern luxury price too?
</font>
Gosh, the prices are already pretty high. I never pay less than $130 a night, and have previously paid as much as $335 here. I certainly hope they won't go up much!

Old Oct 17, 2002, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thesilb...I think they have just gone up!

I just checked rates for next week and look what popped up:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">1 King Club Room Non-Smoking, Concierge Level, Continental Brkfst, Evening Hors D'Oeuvres, Turndown Service Aaa/Caa Disc.Rate/Id Req'D USD 2175.00</font>
Who do they think I am? Michael Eisner?

[This message has been edited by PremEx (edited 10-17-2002).]
Old Oct 18, 2002, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx:
[b]Who do they think I am? Michael Eisner?</font>
LOL!

Old Oct 18, 2002, 10:27 am

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
Actually, the $129 rate for Government Employees, Teachers and Nurses is wonderful... You must remember the location of the hotel. Try to stay at any other true Deluxe property on WDW grounds, it ain't gonna happen at that price, not even twice that usually, you will fight tooth and nait to get a decent discount if one does become available and your stay will not be improved one iota! And no, you will not get those rates a week in advance, it is WDW and people plan months in advance so the rates do get taken...

I'm thrilled they are upgrading the properties, I have two more trips planned at the Swan this year and cannot wait. I have stayed at every Deluxe, with the exception of the Poly and the Wilderness Lodge and will not be heading back to a Disney run property that I can forsee. Well, unless it's for a couple of night to unwind at the Animal Kindom Lodge on the Concierge Level...

Oh yeah, as a Platinum SPG, I have not failed to get a suite upgrade yet, Disney doesn't do that at all...

[This message has been edited by djev (edited 10-18-2002).]
Old Oct 18, 2002, 4:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by djev:
[B]Actually, the $129 rate for Government Employees, Teachers and Nurses is wonderful... You must remember the location of the hotel. Try to stay at any other true Deluxe property on WDW grounds, it ain't gonna happen at that price, not even twice that usually, you will fight tooth and nait to get a decent discount if one does become available and your stay will not be improved one iota! And no, you will not get those rates a week in advance, it is WDW and people plan months in advance so the rates do get taken...

I'm thrilled they are upgrading the properties, I have two more trips planned at the Swan this year and cannot wait. I have stayed at every Deluxe, with the exception of the Poly and the Wilderness Lodge and will not be heading back to a Disney run property that I can forsee. Well, unless it's for a couple of night to unwind at the Animal Kindom Lodge on the Concierge Level...

Oh yeah, as a Platinum SPG, I have not failed to get a suite upgrade yet, Disney doesn't do that at all... </font>
You know 100% what you're talking about. If you are a fan of the Epcot Resorts Area, the Beach Club is arguably the best - especially that wing closet to Epcot where you can hear the Beatles impersonators from your room and be drinking a beer at the Crown & Rose in 3 minutes...but that will be $300 a night. We do that for splurges, but for regular use, its all about the Swan, and yes, you have to plan in advance to get $130-ish rates.

Old Oct 18, 2002, 9:59 pm

Location: DFW - AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, PC Plt Royal Amb., Avis PS, FT Premium!!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
You know 100% what you're talking about. If you are a fan of the Epcot Resorts Area, the Beach Club is arguably the best - especially that wing closet to Epcot where you can hear the Beatles impersonators from your room and be drinking a beer at the Crown & Rose in 3 minutes...but that will be $300 a night. We do that for splurges, but for regular use, its all about the Swan, and yes, you have to plan in advance to get $130-ish rates.

</font>
LOL Yeah, I've been in that Beach Club wing, three minutes to get to Epcot, gotta love it, but I love my suite more! Especially at $129 a night and I get to earn points!

Right now we have four of us going, all adults, no kids for five nights during the Food and Wine festival. We have a two bedroom suite and I think we are paying $258/night... Hey, that many women and three full baths, Heaven! Now if only the renovations were complete and we could have our heavenly beds and baths!
Old Jan 12, 2003, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Westin Disney Swan

I noticed our reservation for this Resort has been upgraded to Club level. Can someone please advise on Club floor and what else if anything to expect as a Platinum member? The last time I was here the AC on the roof was so loud you could feel it in the room (vibration). Thanks
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:57 am
ski

I have stayed at both the Swan and Dolphin. The club floor room at the Swan was near the elevators, the first room on the hallway with something blocking the view, I can't remember but it may have been the AC. I think there was a small dirty balcony. I was only there for 1 night and was not going to be in the room much, so I didn't bother to see if a better room was available. I think there are 2 floors that are considered club there with the lounge on 1 floor. At the Dolphin the club floor was not key access. The room was supposed to be nonsmoking, but smelled like smoke, no balcony, and once again had something (probably the AC blocking the view). This time I asked and was moved to a room not on the club floor, but with a nice view of the lake. The rooms are preassigned before arrival so I would call the hotel direct and request not to be near the AC and a nice view. I don't think the club floor rooms are anything special based on the rooms I saw, but I did see a suite not on the club floor and it was very spacious. I would call ahead and request this and forego the club, if one is available for upgrade, as you can have club access with Platinum. I like this hotel because of its facilities and convenience. I recall a post not long ago which was not favorable regarding I believe a platinum family's experience and the manager's response. You may want to search for it.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 1:38 pm
ski

I tried to find the posting regarding a negative experience and was unable to pull it up. I think it was by fishbait (please excuse me if this is not correct) and was in 2002. Regarding the club lounge at the Dolphin- continental breakfast was seved with pastries, bagels,etc., fresh fruit, cereal, milk, juice, and coffee (bottled water and soft drinks if you asked for them, but they were not put out in the morning). The dolphin lounge was closed during the day and reopened in the evening, serving cheese and crackers,fruit,vegetables and cookies, maybe other pastries. Soft drinks and bottled water were complimentary, I believe it was room charged for beer and alcohol and you had to ask for these. When I stayed at the Swan in the past, prior to this stay at the Dolphin, the lounge was not closed during the day. The food was similar, but in the evening they had alot of wine put out on an honor system. The lounge was packed, so maybe this did not work out well for them.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 6:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ski:
I tried to find the posting regarding a negative experience and was unable to pull it up. I think it was by fishbait (please excuse me if this is not correct) and was in 2002. Regarding the club lounge at the Dolphin- continental breakfast was seved with pastries, bagels,etc., fresh fruit, cereal, milk, juice, and coffee (bottled water and soft drinks if you asked for them, but they were not put out in the morning). The dolphin lounge was closed during the day and reopened in the evening, serving cheese and crackers,fruit,vegetables and cookies, maybe other pastries. Soft drinks and bottled water were complimentary, I believe it was room charged for beer and alcohol and you had to ask for these. When I stayed at the Swan in the past, prior to this stay at the Dolphin, the lounge was not closed during the day. The food was similar, but in the evening they had alot of wine put out on an honor system. The lounge was packed, so maybe this did not work out well for them. </font>
Can't think of a negative post regarding the lounge at the Dolphin.. Didn't spend much time there.. Never did lounge in Swan. Only negatives I can remember re: Dolphin: Club level rooms do not have balconies, and we always reserve Resort View with Balcony, so we ask NOT to be upgraded FROM this room to Club (we do get club access though). Also, last stay a Dolphin was disappointing because the only request made on res (for an EPCOT View) that did not come through, and the manager on duty kept was not very helpful to us, and even a little rude. Other than that, I still think these two hotels are one of the greatest secrets on Disney property. Can't wait 'til the room makeovers at the Swan, anyone know when these will be completed?

Robin
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:24 pm

Westin Disney Swan

I am a SPG Plat member who just booked two nights at the Swan for my family and I in April using starwood points....20,000 of my hard earned points!! Anyway, I was wondering if these reservations are ever upgraded or can I simply look forward to the standard room? or it is worth my while to request an upgrade with points? Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks
BigO
Old Feb 10, 2003, 10:58 pm
Suspended

You are entitled to an upgrade (subject to availability) the same as you would for a paid resv. Are you sure you want to burn 20,000 points for this? Orlando hotels can be had very cheaply.

Marc
Old Feb 10, 2003, 11:10 pm

During my paid stay I was "upgraded" to the club floor. Room was average, color scheme floridian. Best part of the upgrade was the free breakfast room (fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, juice). Others have posted that non-upgrade rooms sometimes have balconies which may be preferred.
Old Feb 11, 2003, 5:59 am

As a Plat, you will receive access to the club lounge whether you get upgraded or not. Call your Plat Concierge and have them put a request on your res for upgrade to "Resort View with Balcony". Since all rooms (besides suites) are basically the same (at least they are at the Dolphin, but the Swan???) the balcony and any view are a definite plus. These rooms generally sell for only slightly less than Club Level rooms and are preferable for my family. Then just use your Plat status for access to the lounge.

Robin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.