Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grand Taipei, Taiwan [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 1:47 pm

What are the chances of being upgraded to have access to Sheraton lounge as a Gold?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: KF Gold | IHG Amb | SPG LTG | HH Gold
Not sure... I got no upgrade nor lounge late last year when I was Gold
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
What are the chances of being upgraded to have access to Sheraton lounge as a Gold?
As a Plat - 100%.
As a Gold, I think near zero - that is not a benefit offered to Golds.
You can always buy up.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Use points to upgrade

If you have alot of points to spare you could use points to upgrade to a room with lounge access as well on check-in.

That's what I did at the Westin Taipei when I was Gold. It was 1500 points per night to get upgraded from my deluxe room to an executive club room.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
As a Plat - 100%.
As a Gold, I think near zero - that is not a benefit offered to Golds.
You can always buy up.
Originally Posted by lcpteck
If you have alot of points to spare you could use points to upgrade to a room with lounge access as well on check-in.

That's what I did at the Westin Taipei when I was Gold. It was 1500 points per night to get upgraded from my deluxe room to an executive club room.
Thank you both, was not aware of an option to upgrade with points at check-in.

However, will be switching to Le Meridien, was able to get Executive room with club access on points.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: CX Gold, WOH Globalist , BonVoy Plat
anyone knows whether they use those hardass mattress or sweet sleeper in this hotel???
Old Jul 31, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AC Altitude50
I just spent 3 days at this hotel for sightseeing. The location is great as the MTR (metro stop) is in front of the hotel.Initially I was given a lousy room (low floor, no view) when I checked in late.(even though i could see better rooms, including suites, on the internet when i got into my room). i called down the next morning and got upgraded to a nice suite with a good view.
The lounge breakfast is adequate, but the nighttime selection is really good and could easily be a full meal.
The staff at the hotel is friendly and try to make sure you have a nice stay. Tony, in the lounge, saw us looking at a map and came over to offer help. He then gave us very enthusiastic ideas on how to enjoy his city. His tips enhanced our enjoyment of Taipei.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by ZenWorld

If the upgrade is to a Director's Room, this is good enough for me. Diplomatic Suite is of course even better. Let's hope the upgrades will be more consistent and not needing Plats to fight for it.

But if one managed to score an upgrade is to a Director's room or Diplomatic Suite, then I would might just be best value among the 4 properties. (Westin could be extremely good value too if you managed to get a good rate.)

Does anyone know how many Director's room or Diplomatic Suite are there in the property out of the how many number of rooms there?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Why would you expect something that's not a benefit of your tier? If you want a Club room with lounge access, book it, don't grovel for it. Or earn the status tier where it becomes a benefit.

I like this property because if you treat them well, they treat you well.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Don't expect an upgrade to the lounge as a gold but often you can buy-up at check-in.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:41 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
You can also use points in-lieu of cash at check-in to upgrade to a club room, do note the number of points quoted is per night.

Sheraton is a CAT 5 property, so it's about 1,500 - 2,750 points per night. Chart is here.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to Taiwan late November through early December and would like some feedback between the W, LM, Westin, and Sheraton with regards to central location to food entertainment and dining in addition to Platinum guest benefits like complimentary breakfast and lunch lounge etc.

I'm specifically interested in the complimentary Platinum dining offerings if any

You help is most appreciated for us to determine which property to book, thanks in advance
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by vg247
Hi everyone,

We are planning a trip to Taiwan late November through early December and would like some feedback between the W, LM, Westin, and Sheraton with regards to central location to food entertainment and dining in addition to Platinum guest benefits like complimentary breakfast and lunch lounge etc.

I'm specifically interested in the complimentary Platinum dining offerings if any

You help is most appreciated for us to determine which property to book, thanks in advance
There is a huge difference in price between these properties - without knowing your budget, this question is difficult to ask.

The W will always be the best choice if you want the best answer for location, food, entertainment, dining and Platinum breakfast.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is a huge difference in price between these properties - without knowing your budget, this question is difficult to ask.

The W will always be the best choice if you want the best answer for location, food, entertainment, dining and Platinum breakfast.
As always, many thanks Stephen...our budget is open to all the spg properties, we ideally just just like bang for the buck for our stay. As it's winter season, I hesitate with the W since we wouldn't be able to enjoy it's nice swimming pool.

Nevertheless, if you recommend the W to make the most of our visit we will consider it.

Many thanks,
Vg
Old Nov 9, 2014, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by vg247
Hi everyone,

I have stayed at all so maybe I can be of help.

1) If centrality of location is of value, then definitely W or LM. Sheraton, although is right next to the Blueline metro, is pretty boring around the hotels. Taipei Main Station is not as commercial as it used to be. Westin on the other hand is better, but not by much. W and LM are right at the most commercial district of Taipei, Xinyi district.

2) Dining - Sheraton and Westin lounges are decent, W and LM lounge breakfast are better.

3) In terms of service - W and LM are better trained. Sheraton is pretty pedestrian. W is a little bit better but not by much.

4) W is more hip, LM is more class, but overall W is better in my opinion.

So yes, go with W

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.