FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nacho
Print Wikipost

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2001, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Copenhagen Marriott [Master Thread]

Has anyone heard about a new Marriott in Copenhagen? It's in the directory but not on the website.
Thanks,
Paul
Old Mar 11, 2001, 4:38 pm

According to "Hotel boom in Copenhagen, Press Release, November 2000" at http://www.woco.dk/Press/Pressemedde.../newhotels.htm
The Copenhagen Marriott (five star) on the waterfront opens the doors to its 395 rooms and conference facilities in early September 2001. It will include a conference hall of 550 square meters, which can be partitioned in two, and 12 meeting rooms. The hotel will have a restaurant with outdoor facilities, a lobby bar, 24-hour room service and a fitness centre. For the commercial traveller there will be a fully equipped business centre with all modern office facilities.
For further information, contact: Director of Sales and Marketing Europe, Mr. Michael Hills, Tel.: (+49) 619 649 6133, email: [email protected]

------------------
Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions
Old Nov 13, 2001, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
New Copenhagen Marriott

Anyone have any experience with this hotel yet? Any thoughts on location, amenities, rooms, etc. etc...? Will be staying there on Friday night, so any comments are appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 2:15 pm

JJeffrey - would love to hear the details about your stay at the new Marriott Copenhagen. Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2001, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Yeah, I'm staying there in January, also the Marriotts in ZRH, MAN, BHX. So how was the CPH property anyhow?
Old Dec 13, 2001, 2:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Ahh, I had forgotten I posted this! Anyway, the CPH hotel is very nice, although I was only there for one night. I have no status with Marriott, so I can't comment on any amenities or upgrades. Had a standard king room, about average sized, that was furnished very nicely, heated bathroom floors were a big plus. The location is great, it's only a 5 minute walk to the train station and Tivoli gardens and a 10 minute walk to everywhere else. Staff was friendly and very helpful with maps, where to go, etc. Didn't get to try any of the restaurants. Bottom line, this is a brand new hotel that is very nice, although it's nothing that will knock your socks off. I will definately stay there if I make it back to CPH. Hope this helps!
Old May 6, 2002, 6:02 pm

How is the Marriott Copenhagen?

Has any one stayed in the relatively new Marriott Copenhagen. Will be there for a week (had to use that 713 award before July) in June. Any suggestions about rooms, floors, views, restaurants, etc.
Thanks
Old May 24, 2002, 9:56 am

Bumping this up in hopes someone has some advice. THANKS
Old May 24, 2002, 10:17 am
Patron

The recently opend Copenhagen Marriott is a top tier hotel(Michelin: 5*; Marriott Award Category: 5), located in the heart of the city (near the Railway Central Station, Tivoli Gardens, Christiansborg Palace). Ask for a waterview room on an executive floor.
The comfortable Terraneo Restaurant offers breakfast, lunch & dinner, Terraneo Bar and the Waterfront Cafe & Terrace will offer light meals in a relaxed atmosphere.

Old May 24, 2002, 12:31 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
See my trip report

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/002458.html
Old May 25, 2002, 12:59 pm

Thanks Patron and gardener. I am looking forward to CPH even more now!
Old Jun 23, 2003, 12:18 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Marriott Copenhagen, Denmark

I wonder if anyone has a recent update (2003) on the Marriott Copenhagen?
Old Jun 23, 2003, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Same question. I'll be there next week.

Bruce
Old Jun 23, 2003, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Stayed there a year ago. Pretty standard Marriott.
Nice rooms, very friednly/helpful staff. They had good advice on places for dinner and drinks.
Right on the water. Nice to have a coctail outside before heading out to dinner.
Plenty of taxis waiting at the hotel (taxis in Copenhagen are very Credit Card friendly).
I was a Silver at the time and did not eat at the hotel, so I can't answer upgrade or food questions.
Old Jun 25, 2003, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA LfGLD, HH Gold, PC Plt, Marriott Plt
Agree with Killerbrew on all points.

Stayed last month, got a nice upgrade to the top floor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.