Wiki Posts
Search

St. Regis Istanbul [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Free agent
St. Regis Istanbul [Master Thread]

I know it's relatively new, thinking about trying it out next week instead of the Park Hyatt. My corporate rate puts them exactly the same on pricing with breakfast being included at the St. Regis. If there are new hotel growing pains then I might opt for the PH, which seems to be universally touted as one of the best.

I'm just a Gold so there would be no special treatment on that front.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:11 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by jmail1
I know it's relatively new, thinking about trying it out next week instead of the Park Hyatt. My corporate rate puts them exactly the same on pricing with breakfast being included at the St. Regis. If there are new hotel growing pains then I might opt for the PH, which seems to be universally touted as one of the best.

I was at the PH Istanbul this past October but did get to see the new StR, which is just a half block away. We did really love the PH, but the StR looks even more impressive--and with more Bosphorus views from rooms and its restaurant, if that's important to you. I honestly don't think you can go wrong with either, to be honest. But I can say that I'm looking forward to trying out the StR on our next visit.

FWIW, we preferred the PH/StR location because of the proximity to great shopping and restaurants. We also preferred the style of the PH to that of the FS Bosphorus (which had a lot of formal feeling marble, and also only had mostly non-Bosphorus view rooms, while sea facing rooms were at outrageous prices). We preferred the PH/StR location to the FS Sultanahmet largely because we don't like being in the middle of tourists, though the FS Sultanahmet was a beautiful and more boutique feeling property--but lacked the proximity to all the great dining on the PH/StR/FS Bosphorus side of the city. (The Kempinski looked totally dated, almost like a dump, and the Ciragan was even more outrageously priced for its sea facing suites than the FS Bosphorus.)
Old Aug 13, 2015, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by jmail1

Did you end up going to the St. Regis in Istanbul? How was it? I am going to be staying there next month. I have Gold status as well. Did it get you anything?

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Reviews of St. Regis Intanbul

We will be in Istanbul over US Thanksgiving. Currently booked at the RC. But if I cash in a night at the St. Regis, the price becomes a wash, and as PLT, if I have to choose between a regular RC room and a possible suite at the St. Regis, I am tending toward that.

But the lack of any reviews on FT, and uncertainty of the # of suites (and thus my UG chances) still leaves me on the fence. Any reviews/advice?
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat CK 4.0M+; Delta DM; Marriott Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist
Hi,

I'm considering a stay at the St Regis over New Years. Would appreciate any recent experiences (particularly from the person who might stay in the property over thanksgiving)

thanks!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:22 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by planecrashlaw
We will be in Istanbul over US Thanksgiving. Currently booked at the RC. But if I cash in a night at the St. Regis, the price becomes a wash, and as PLT, if I have to choose between a regular RC room and a possible suite at the St. Regis, I am tending toward that.

But the lack of any reviews on FT, and uncertainty of the # of suites (and thus my UG chances) still leaves me on the fence. Any reviews/advice?
Did you ever stay at the StR?
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:59 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat.
I stayed here for 1 night over Thanksgiving, having previously spent 3 nights at the W Istanbul.

The St Regis Istanbul met my expectations as a St Regis. Check-in was smooth and easy. As a SPG Platinum member I'd been upgraded from a base room to a "Grand Deluxe" room - top floor, view of the park with an outside space with chairs and a table. The room was very nice, not as big as the room I'd had at the W (upgraded to Fabulous suite), but big enough for my needs. My butler spent a long time explaining all the amenities of the room and the various controls (which was nice, because at the W I spent far too long trying to figure out how to turn all the lights on and off). Fresh fruit and tea were delivered and I sent off a few items to be pressed for the evening.

In the evening I went to the lobby bar for the "evening wine ritual", I got there just after 7 when it was supposed to start and it was empty. I'm not sure if it started later or not, but I went for dinner in the Brasserie. Food and wine was good - they had a Thanksgiving menu, but I opted for the regular menu.

I slept well in the room. Beds were comfortable and the shower was excellent.

I didn't try breakfast as the fruit in the room was sufficient and the nespresso machine was all I needed for coffee.

Checkout was efficient, he noted it was my birthday and wished me a happy birthday and said that they would have gotten me a cake if I'd been staying that day. Meanwhile it seems every member of staff in the lobby had been informed, included one of the managers as everyone individually wished me a happy birthday.

All in all, very comfortable. Would I stay again? Probably, although rates at the W are probably better.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Do Platinum guests get 500 points including breakfast? or one or the other?

I'm guessing no lounge for Platinum guests here as well since it's not a brand standard.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Do Platinum guests get 500 points including breakfast? or one or the other?
Spent 4 nights at the St Regis Istanbul a couple of weeks ago. I chose the breakfast as the Plat amenity (no 500 points posted).
The breakfast is served in the St Regis Brasserie, which is the street-level restaurant. I quite enjoyed the quality and variety of the breakfast spread. They also indicated that made-to-order omelettes were included in the Plat breakfast, but I didn't order any. Service was very attentive, friendly and professional at the restaurant and throughout the rest of the hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by taterman
Did you end up going to the St. Regis in Istanbul? How was it? I am going to be staying there next month. I have Gold status as well. Did it get you anything?

Thanks!
You are not likely to get anything at a St Regis for being Gold, beyond what you are owed. The benefits of Gold are well documented on spg.com. That's what you should expect.

Regards
Old Apr 24, 2016, 1:44 am

I have just been looking at this property, and it seems very appealing. I like that they have gone with a contemporary decor.

Does this property have a master thread?
Old Apr 24, 2016, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by LobsterSFO
In the evening I went to the lobby bar for the "evening wine ritual", I got there just after 7 when it was supposed to start and it was empty...
Usually you need to let your butler know that you will be attending. If there are no guests who have expressed their wish to attend the sabering ritual they will not do it.

Also be sure to check whether it is chargeable - I was charged EUR10 per person at the St. Regis Rome (only found out upon checkout) but I would say was worth it because they also spread out some nibbles and other drinks aside from the glass of champagne.
Old Sep 18, 2016, 1:25 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Stayed here at beginning of September. I was a late arrival (very) and they processed my check in quickly and efficiently, upgrading me to a Deluxe room. Butler showed me how everything worked, good nights sleep.
Breakfast in the Brasserie at street level and ate outside, good variety.
Great location for a wander in the evenings.
Overall very impressed and would stay again.
Istanbul is cheap at the moment for well documented reasons and at 180 Euros a night is a steal.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I stayed here 24-25 DEC. Applied an SNA for a St. Regis Suite; was additionally upgraded to an Empire Suite. Great check-in process, butler service, welcome gift (multiple very large bottles of water, fruit, and snack), and on Christmas morning, a stocking full of cookies hanging on my door. My room was technically a smoking room, which they asked if it would be ok, and I didn't really mind; the only difference was there were some (clean, empty) ash trays in the room -- no smell of smoke.

At EUR 180/night, it was an amazing deal.

Moderately ashamed that because the room was so nice, I didn't bother leaving the hotel from arrival until (late) departure -- aside from breakfast, I just stayed in my suite and caught up on work, relaxed, etc.

I don't really like the shopping/upscale area as much as other parts of Istanbul, but for a family or people who like shopping, it's great.

The only negative of the property is the breakfast in the restaurant is a bit cramped. (free if you choose it as a platinum guest); it's not quite as good as Asian hotel breakfasts, but good. I'd probably take the points in the future and just get an early lunch nearby instead. In warmer weather, when patio seating is open, it is likely less of an issue.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: N/A
Hi all,

As a platinum and globalist member the PH/STR are coming out at the same rates ($200USD)

Can anyone advise on which they would choose?

I also noticed the W/GH is significantly cheaper ($120-130) and for a week stay this may mean a decent amount for us. We may also look at these.

Thanks for any advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.