Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
For all Warsaw properties I would check prices via Swoodoo or other meta search engines. Warsaw is a great place for BRG claims.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by chang9121990
Have the rates at this property gone up significantly?
I'm seeing ~100Euro for my dates (end of May beg of June)

Huuh, hallo? 100 € for the Westin Warsaw is not expensive at all! It's an excellent value compared to the trash in the US. There is nothing wrong with a 100 € rate @:-)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by chang9121990
Yup, it's still a very good rate. Just expected something lower judging from past posts. And the IC Warsaw is only 60E for the same dates.

One can't compare a Polish SPG hotel where Plats get good value versus an IC where Amabassadors get virtually nothing. The choice for a SPG Plat and IC Ambassador is clearly an SPG hotel @:-)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 9:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Huuh, hallo? 100 € for the Westin Warsaw is not expensive at all! It's an excellent value compared to the trash in the US. There is nothing wrong with a 100 € rate @:-)
Really ?

Considering that the property used to go down to the high 30's last year, I do consider Euro 100 to be very expensive for the Westin Warsaw...

Euro 40 is indeed an excellent value, however I do not see myself paying Euro 100 (+ tax ? ) for a solid 5* in Warsaw and the Westin is nothing more than a good, solid 5 star property, actually what a Westin should be.

One has to add, though, that hotel prices in Warsaw are quite volatile...
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by FD1971
Really ?

Considering that the property used to go down to the high 30's last year, I do consider Euro 100 to be very expensive for the Westin Warsaw...

Euro 40 is indeed an excellent value, however I do not see myself paying Euro 100 (+ tax ? ) for a solid 5* in Warsaw and the Westin is nothing more than a good, solid 5 star property, actually what a Westin should be.

One has to add, though, that hotel prices in Warsaw are quite volatile...
It seems the prices for Warsaw are not as low as they used to be, at least this week. I remember a week-end price at the IC for around EUR 53 + tax two years ago ... This week's mid-week prices are all around EUR 130-EUR 140 for Le Méridien, the Hilton, the Westin and the IC. It was a good opportunity to update my experience at the Hilton, the Westin and Le Méridien. No time for the IC or the Sheraton, though .

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 20, 2011 at 3:18 pm
Old May 8, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: SPG LTP
Nice upgrades, would definitely be back on next occasions

Westin Warsaw, stayed twice in past weeks:

Upgrade to 1BR suite once, business exec room the other time, both from fairly cheap (+- 80 EUR) standard room bookings

- Very friendly & helpful staff throughout (checkin staff maybe a tad slowed down by trying to make sure all Plat benefits are taken care off, but not complaining there)
- Fabulous lounge: breakfast really good offering (in part as I'm not into wild/exotic stuff for that anyways), evening drinks simply superb (all possible drinks, and nice selection of sushi and deserts as food, made this into light dinner on one occasion). Staff excellent as well, can't remember name just now but one of the attendants went beyond all expectations in trying to make everyone present happy, and saw her greet someone who'd stayed here in past by name ... he was utterly surprised & pleased.

Also had one stay at Sheraton: actually very close in terms of experience (decent upgrade, nice lounge with equally good offerings and friendly staff), just personally happen to like current Westin style better. Did not stay at LM Bristol, but saw the hotel and might pick it if e.g. on holiday with girlfriend due to location, just in old town & on main shopping/dining street (mental note: these stays were holiday as well, but on my own & actually very happy to just criss-cross city walking around, so not inconvenienced by either Westin or Sheraton). The three hotels are a good half hour walk apart each, so if on business location would probably determine which one I'd stay at.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Club lounge hours

What are club lounge hours? Do they serve any food late in the evening?

Hilton Warsaw for example have food only until 7-8pm and after that nuts and booze only
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The club lounge is open from 6AM till 11PM, as far as I can recall.

They serve breakfast till 10:30AM on all days, and some fingerfood and snacks between 6PM till 8PM. Apart from that they have coffee, cold drinks and some snacks and biscuits.

The lounge is pretty good.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 4:01 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by dabee69
What are club lounge hours? Do they serve any food late in the evening?

Hilton Warsaw for example have food only until 7-8pm and after that nuts and booze only
Lounge hours 0600-0000. Breakfast M-F 0600-1100, Sa+Su ???; full breakfast, toast, some "hot" food, tons of fruits, some cereal. No egg station, but I overheard people asking for cooked eggs.

Happy hour every day 1700-1900 featuring Polish, German, and Czech beers (bottle) and virtually every hard liquor (including tequila) that you would desire.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
How is the upgrade policy for plats at the Westin Warsaw ?:

Is it done automatically at check-in or is it better to send a short email beforehand ?
Old Feb 10, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
checked into the hotel around 2pm at the Platinum VIP check in desk

upgraded to a huge 1 bedroom Suite overlooking the city on the executive floor level.

Platinum benefits- free wifi code was given and can be used on multiple devices, also chose 500 point amenity

Was given lounge access and breakfast is held at the lounge as well. Will report back with lounge/breakfast findings.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Nice stay

Stayed at the Westin Warsaw last week. Was upgraded to a very nice and spacious Executive Suite by the front desk agent. The room view was not that great, though - overlooking an ugly building.

The lounge is nice, but the tables could be laid out a bit better. I preferred breakfast downstairs though (also ok for Plats).

Had room service twice and the late night food was a lot better than expected.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Photos and trip report

shameless plug for my trip report that featured a stay at the Westin Warsaw - number of photos of the corner "Guest Office" rooms and the Club Lounge
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:23 am

Staying here for 7 nights.

Upgraded to a Westin Executive Suite for all nights.

Everything is just great!
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:52 am

Back! Staying for two nights. Made an BRG claim = 152 zloty per night, so a great deal.

Upgraded to an executive deluxe suite automatically. Great place to stay!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.