Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I've posted some pics of the Westin & Sheraton Warsaw above, and just noticed the Starwood Reveiw site, but have no idea how to get my Snapfish pics onto Flickr ??? If someone wants to move them over to that site, just let me know and I can send the link. I'd also be able to write up a review of both properties--- now that I am not being plied with champagne by the helpful Lounge staffer!!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:46 am

Curious of upgrades using points

I am curious to know if I reserve Westin Executive Suite and use *wood points to upgrade (I am Gold PG, but I've only had a suite upgrade from Las Vegas), would Westin Warsaw room me in their presidential suite? Now that would be super!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:50 am

Another question:

I asked the question above because I am traveling with three other people. Instead of booking two mediocre rooms, I was thinking of booking their suites (one below presidential). Which suites are decent enough to accomodate a party of four at Westin Warsaw or Sheraton? I will be there for four nights and am thinking of staying at Sheraton for two nights and Westin for two nights (also purposefully arranged to qualify for the "upto 12000 points" promo on 2, 4, 6th stay with *wood properties, which I think 2, 4, 6th stay is not # of nights at the property, but actual stay - check in and out).
Old Jun 13, 2006, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
That's great that Molton Brown toiletries are still offered at this Westin. Are 500 points part of the Platinum amenity choice here?

Is it easy to get between the Sheraton and the Westin if you want to switch mid-trip?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:15 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
she looks beautiful.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 12:37 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Haven't stayed at the Westin yet, but I LOVED the Sheraton Warsaw. Very attentive service, spacious rooms (although as a Gold I didn't get any kind of any upgrade) and very reasonable rates. Plus a nice central location.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
That's great that Molton Brown toiletries are still offered at this Westin. Are 500 points part of the Platinum amenity choice here?

Is it easy to get between the Sheraton and the Westin if you want to switch mid-trip?
It would be about a 20-30 min walk, or a quick cab ride--I think it was 30 zty (about US$8) for the cab ride between the hotels.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Im disappointed that you have to pay for the wifi access here, was hoping it was included (at least in suites and exec. level rooms)
Old Jun 8, 2009, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by brahms77
I am curious to know if I reserve Westin Executive Suite and use *wood points to upgrade (I am Gold PG, but I've only had a suite upgrade from Las Vegas), would Westin Warsaw room me in their presidential suite? Now that would be super!
A friend of mine was recently in the Westin Warsaw. He was not given a suite upgrade as the Platinum member. Is this the standard way in that hotel?
Old Jun 8, 2009, 1:42 pm

Programs: GGL
I just see they do 3 nights for GBP 95, amazing rate
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:55 pm
Suspended

Today as a Platinum.

- "Upgrade" to a Guest office room despite the fact that plenty of Exec. rooms are available
- Lounge closed "because of renovation"

Rooms are generally more modern and spcacious than in the Sheraton and the Westin beds are my favourite beds. The lounge in the Westin WAW offers usually very delicious food (much better than the Hilton and usually better than the Hyatt). Breakfast is nothing special, neither in the lounge nor in the restaurant. Otherwise, the food in the Westin rocks. mjam :-)

The location is a five minute walk from the main train station (which you can reach with bus 175 from the airport).

In general, I like the Westin but I hate the stubbern anti upgrade mentality of their staff.

Last edited by nissan motor; Dec 29, 2009 at 11:59 am
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:00 am

when in WAW, i no longer consider the Westin as an option. if i want "american" style, i opt for the Sheraton with it´s cozy bar (that sometimes features live music). Similar rooms, same, nice lounge, better location and overall "nicer" to me. Or the LM, when i am after old style, classy atmosphere, plenty of Plat recognition. i let my wallet decide normally, so whichever property is cheaper gets my business.
the westin is a bland, sterile place to me. (not to be mistaken, i´d happily stay there, if it wasnt for the alternatives)
Old Jan 5, 2010, 5:34 pm
Suspended

And yet another stay at the Westin. This time was very great. Got an upgrade to the workout room and the lounge is open again ^

Hotel hoping between the Westin and the Sheraton is easy: Take the bus 151 in front of both hotels. Buy a 20 minute ticket for 2 PLN (or a one way for 2.80 PLN)

Rates are low at the moment and it makes you hop hop every night
Old Jan 7, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: EK Gold, SPG Plat, Radisson Gold, BA Silver HHonors Silver A Club, CSA Gold
Last night, last stay for a while. For the first time in 10 or so stays, not upgraded to a suite, rather a corner office. Having said that, the suits are simply 2 rooms joined together, same bland furniture, just more of it. Lounge is great with excellent attentive service, which is useful as the bar and bar staff are both uninspiring. Will be the Sheraton from now on, excellent bars and restaurants, gym not quite as good as the Westin, and, importantly for me, proper English TV channels including sky and Channel 5!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Westin Warsaw for four nights. Was preupgraded to Deluxe Executive Suite before arrival (showed on my profile). Check-in was a breeze, was given the choice between different platinum gifts, took the points. Was told I was upgraded to a suite on the 18th floor. Was also given complimentary access code for the HSIA for my whole stay, without asking! Also given access to the club lounge on the 19th floor.

The suite was amazing, large living room with guest bathroom and a separate bedroom with the main bathroom attached. Very modern and comfortable furniture and colours! The only downside was that the TVs were old fashioned tube-tvs. I wish the hotel would change these, and replace them with modern flatscreen tvs, would fit the modern and uptodate decor much better! But not a problem for me. There was also a dvd-player and a stereo connected to the TV in the living room.

The lounge were great as always! Complimentary coffee, soft drinks, cakes and fruits thoughout the day, complimentary breakfast until 10:30 AM, complimentary food and booze between 6 PM and 8 PM. The food (crab, salmon, chicken, sushi, etc) were great.

The in-room HISA were great as well! Fast and reliable!

Great value for only 40 EUR per night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.