Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Warsaw, Poland [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2003, 5:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Well, if he should be reading this:

You are the greatest! Keep more movies coming! And I'm one of your biggest fans

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Sep 5, 2004, 10:39 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Smile Review&Pics of the The Westin Warsaw: Designed for Perfection.

See for my pics: http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2004/waw-westin.php
(with the help of LH738)

I recently stayed in The Westin Warsaw for one night. Upon arrival the chauffeur of the pick-up service was waiting at the airport. There is also a meet and greet desk in the arrival hall of the airport.

Check-in went smoothly and very friendly. My first impression of the lobby was luxurious. I was accompanied to my room on the upper floors, the executive floors. It turned out to be a fine corner room.

Though the room appeared to be a little smallish, it was very comfortable and the interior was perfectly matched :-: . Of course there was the wonderful Heavenly Bed and the Heavenly Shower. The bathroom was large enough, and there was a separate glass shower cabin ( see my pics)
Fine brands, like f.i. Villeroy&Boch and Molton Brown products, could be found here. I had the impression everything was arranged and made with great care. Even the amenities were great: see my pics.

The view was terrific, since I did have an executive corner room!

The executive lounge was impressive, very modern and comfortable. Just like the hotel itself. The breakfast was ok, there could be more variation, f.i. scrambled eggs. Service was very friendly. Coffee was freshly made. They serve the coffee by the cup. It would be more convenient and efficient to have a small pot of coffee in the morning.
There was a large flat screen tv in the lounge, and I did like to view some Olympic games on the comfortable couch while having a nice cappuccino.

I did not use the the healthclub, but I did have a look inside. It appeared to be rather small, but it seemed there were enough machines to have a work-out. Sauna is available. The personnel here appeared to be very friendly.

The glass elevator gives you a very nice view of town, it’s very modern with even a small screen inside.

The location of the hotel is rather in the modern part of town. The Mercure hotel and Radisson hotel are next door.

Checking out was also very pleasant and friendly. Sure to come back in this modern, luxury hotel. I enjoyed staying in this modern comfy hotel, since everything seemed to be handled with great care! The friendliness and attitude of the personnel were exceptional here :-: . A different experience I had in the Sheraton Warsaw.

See for my pics: http://www.e-traveller.net/pics/2004/waw-westin.php
Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Great pix and report Claes059! Thank you. It certainly helps make the decision between Westin and Sheraton in WAW. Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with the Sheraton when you visited? I have a relative who used to work there, I think...
Old Sep 5, 2004, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
Great pix and report Claes059! Thank you. It certainly helps make the decision between Westin and Sheraton in WAW. Just out of curiosity, what was wrong with the Sheraton when you visited? I have a relative who used to work there, I think...
You're welcome! The Sheraton is just a different kind of hotel , compared with the Westin. I had some dissapointment and some arguement with the upgrade I did not recieve .
I will make a review of my stay here in a short time.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 1:05 pm

Programs: A3-G
Thank you for post (claes059),why Im not sure which one stay in westin or sheraton cos I'm planing to go to Warsaw on december 04,I think choice of westin Warsaw,cos look new & modern ^
Old Sep 5, 2004, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by United935
Thank you for post (claes059),why Im not sure which one stay in westin or sheraton cos I'm planing to go to Warsaw on december 04,I think choice of westin Warsaw,cos look new & modern ^
You're welcome. I think it depends what purpose you have in Warsaw. The Sheraton does have a very good location for visiting the old town and touristy things. The Westin is in the business area of Warsaw. The Westin is modern and sophisticated, the suites here are wonderful.
The Sheraton has more or less a classic interior and the rooms tend to be more spacious. Though I did not like the suites here. I.m.o. nothing special however.
Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Was there internet access - free or charage and where. Thanks
Old Sep 5, 2004, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by estnet
Since I was only one night in the Westin, I did not make use of it, so I do not know.

I was surprised to find it in the Towerlounge in the Sheraton; it is possible to make use of the internet, free of charge ^
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:52 am

Cool

Originally Posted by estnet
Hi there, the Westin has High Speed Internet Access available for Laptop connectivity in all bedrooms. This is free of cherge in all Guest Offices (corner rooms) and on the Executive Floor rooms. For classic and deluxe rooms you can purchase access by the hour (PLN 60) or for 24 hours (PLN 85) - pretty cool and fast. They also have wireless available in the public areas and conference floors. All this is part of their new package for the different room categories - they gave me a full run down last time I checked in. They include some stuff for their deluxe rooms, which are Euro 15 more than their classic rooms (bathrobe, higher floor, express check-out, 2pm late check-out, iron & board, coffee maker, shoe shine). The executive rooms you get for another Euro 25 and they include 4pm late check-out, turn down and amenities, HSIA, pressing of 2 garments/clothing, coffee to the room with the wake-up call, newspaper, breakfast in the lounge, cocktail hour, etc).
When you book a suite they even include airport pick-up to all the above.
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:42 am
GK

Programs: reformed ex basic Member
Both Sheraton and Westin are recently opened properties (Sheraton maybe 2.5 yrs old or so). Both are really good, I'd pick the Westin as the rooms are a bit more groovy, and the bar downstairs in Sheraton can be noisy, which is a shame, as the suites are stacked right above it.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:52 am

Sheraton & Westin Warsaw

Since a few years I have to travel regularly to Warsaw and I have found both, the Sheraton and the Westin best value for money. Sheraton was there first, The Westin opened last year. Westin is a bit more hip whilst Sheraton is more classy. I have found the staff extremely well trained in both hotels, going far beyond what u wld expect from a hotel of an American chain.

By the way, I have heard that both hotels are under one management.

I have occasionally tried other hotels in the city; nothing to compare with the Westin and the Sheraton.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 4:52 am

Sheraton & Westin Warsaw

Since a few years I have to travel regularly to Warsaw and I have found both, the Sheraton and the Westin best value for money. Sheraton was there first, The Westin opened last year. Westin is a bit more hip whilst Sheraton is more classy. I have found the staff extremely well trained in both hotels, going far beyond what u wld expect from a hotel of an American chain.

By the way, I have heard that both hotels are under one management.

I have occasionally tried other hotels in the city; nothing to compare with the Westin and the Sheraton.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K,SPG Plat,
Stayed at the Westin Warsaw for a night in May, and I agree that it's a great property. Everyone was amazingly friendly, right down to the housekeeping lady that brought me a pair of slippers. Some of them were surprised to see an American with a Polish surname.

Sure, it's a little further away from the train station than a few other hotels, but it was quite worth it.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 12:25 pm

Great report!

I've stayed at the Sheraton every time I've been in town. Started doing it before the Westin opened.

On the plus side, the Sheraton has a better breakfast menu and the sort of service you mentioned looking for - a pot of coffee, a dedicated chef to do omelettes and scrambled, sunny-side-up, or over-easy eggs, quite a selection of hot and cold sides, and some great jellies and jams (St. Dalfour brand). The bar, although a bit boisterous, has Guinness on tap, and the restaurant has some of the best salmon I've eaten.

The "Smart Suites" (actually large rooms) that I've gotten routinely as a Platinum have been great to do work in, but without the marvelous view your suite had. (They do, however, give you a sponge ball formed like a globe of the Earth that you can squeeze, throw at people, or collect until you have enough to practice your juggling act.) And, I think the bed was a bit more spacious.

On the down side, they have "regular" Sheraton toiletries, instead of the Moulton Brown ones (which I've liked for a long time).

What impresses me the most about the Sheraton, though, is the staff. The Concierge is outstanding, and so is the breakfast Chef. The front desk folks are truly service-oriented. On my most recent visit, Austrian Air failed to transfer our bags in Vienna, and I arrived without the shaving gear, scissors, toothbrush/paste, soap, etc., that I carry in my Dopp kit. (I'm sometimes an idiot -- this time instead of putting that in a carry-on, I figured "what could possibly go wrong on such a short hop?" and didn't. Then we got changed to a different routing due to irregular operations and what should have been a simple flight turned into an awkward connection. Go figure.) The Austrian Air folks in Warsaw said they would have given me an overnight kit, but they couldn't get at them at that hour.

Anyway, when I mentioned this upon checking in, the desk staff offered to find what they could, and shortly after I got to my room the bell man came to the door with everything I needed, and even more.

Service like that is virtually priceless! It certainly is enough to make me continue to stay at the Sheraton. (And I hope you would be treated as well at the Westin in similar circumstances.)

Last edited by Counsellor; Sep 26, 2004 at 8:35 am
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:03 pm
ewj

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG PLAT, NWA Plat
Is Westin Warsaw the best bargain in SPG?

Is Warsaw Westin the best bargain in the whole system? I have stayed at the Westin Warsaw a number of times the past 12 months and have found it to be a real 4 star hotel. Good food, service, decent location. It is new, bright and cheery I have gotten full internet access, with all the movies, and full breakfast for $110 Euro a night. This is 1/3 the price of most Asian and European Westins/Sheratons, with worse service (Paris/London).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.