Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in or near Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: millemiglia - milesmore- spg - goldpassport - priority club- the leader club - others
Originally Posted by Condition One
Any thoughts on the St. Regis vs the Le Meridien? Which has a better location?

From what I've been able to gather, the Le Meridien has older style Sheraton furnishings, and is all-suites.

The St. Regis is much nicer, however, but it seems like a common theme is customer service issues and the lack of upgrades.
St. Regis has a very central location even if it is very congested in terms of traffic all around. Going anywhere at pick hours can be really challenging.
I have been there a few times recently and upgraded only once. The executive suite they gave me was so small (the living and bed rooms) that I requested to be "downgraded" to my de luxe room (one room only but much more spacious).
The service has recently improved notably.
I like very much the urban felling of this hotel and particularly its terrace bar (named King Cole I believe....).
Old Aug 5, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: Free Agent
Wow, I'm really torn now. I guess it's whether I want to spend 48K points at the St. Regis or $130/night at the Le Meridien.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Condition One
Wow, I'm really torn now. I guess it's whether I want to spend 48K points at the St. Regis or $130/night at the Le Meridien.
What about the W? I prefer the Polanco area myself.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: Free Agent
The W seems to be a bit of a noisier hotel; not my crowd either. Plus all the cheaper rooms are sold out.
Old May 2, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: United Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
has anyone stayed at the Four Points Mexico City? I'm thinking about spending one night there and another night at the W. Is it in a safe area?
Old May 2, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: OW Emerald SPG Platinum/Lifetime Gold
"has anyone stayed at the Four Points Mexico City? I'm thinking about spending one night there and another night at the W. Is it in a safe area?"

The area is good but IMHO the property is pretty awful. I stayed their twice and would never return.

Last edited by postular; May 3, 2014 at 4:00 pm Reason: error
Old May 3, 2014, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by plc44
has anyone stayed at the Four Points Mexico City? I'm thinking about spending one night there and another night at the W. Is it in a safe area?
I've spent about 2 weeks cumulatively at the FP over the last 6 months, as well as at least a couple of nights at the Sheraton, SR, and LM. I avoid Ws.

I like the FP's location the most by far - Roma is fun and interesting, and Condesa is a short and pretty walk down Alvaro Obregon away. Both neighborhoods are quite safe, vibrant, and full of parks and greenery. I find Polanco a bit too much like Los Angeles, so try not to stay over there.

On all but one FP stay (as a Plat) I was upgraded to a junior suite with a jacuzzi and a balcony - X01 I think. Those are nice rooms. The regular rooms are too small, and the back of the building doesn't have good views. The breakfast is fine - full buffet in the restaurant - but options are limited and the staff can be slow. FD staff is friendly and helpful, but poorly trained. Largely unaware of SPG rules (I usually had to ask for the room I wanted, and remind them of the breakfast benefit). In any event, the rates are often very low, and it's a new build, so all in all I wouldn't hesitate to return.

The LM doesn't do much for me - the weird exoskeleton of the building blocks views, although the rooms are fine. The Sheraton can be great - if you get a suite in the towers section with a butler - or totally mediocre if you don't. The SR is a great physical plant, but has service issues. I probably won't return since it went up a category, and the revenue rates are way too high.

My best stay in DF was actually at the Hilton near Bellas Artes, and I've also had good experiences at the Holiday and Hampton Inns in el centro historico.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Looks like soon there will be another option in Mexico City.

Mexico City Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City - Opening March 1, 2015
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:08 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by gabo02

Mexico City Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City - Opening March 1, 2015
If this actually happens, and many of us here have seen some of these announcements fall through, this is great news.

The W, is tired and worn, so it will great to have another property within Polanco.

If the Sheraton Maria Isabel can kick its renovations into high-gear (only the elevators are new thus far, plus a couple of proto-type room) then I do like their location as well.

I love the Roma Norte neighbourhood with the FP location, but the property has its limitations.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:19 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by gabo02

There already is a Las Alcobas boutique hotel in Mexico City (http://www.lasalcobas.com/) which previously WAS part of the Luxury Collection. I wonder if it is returning to the LC portfolio after a refurb/retrain or if your citation is about a brand new property of the same name (which I would think would be problematic LOL).

There also is a new Las Alcobas Luxury Collection property set to open in St. Helena in Napa Valley, coincidentally.

Last edited by bhrubin; Nov 30, 2014 at 1:50 pm
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
If this actually happens, and many of us here have seen some of these announcements fall through, this is great news.
Oh, it's going to happen. I know the owner personally and he told me this past summer that he's been in process with Starwood for this conversion for several years now. I've stayed at Las Alcobas and it's sensational. Now, I'm not one who normally spends time in Polanco -- not my scene. But, one cannot do better than Las Alcobas in MEX -- tippy top property and it will make an exceptional addition to the Starwood portfolio in MEX
Old Nov 30, 2014, 1:52 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by sbtinme
Oh, it's going to happen. I know the owner personally and he told me this past summer that he's been in process with Starwood for this conversion for several years now. I've stayed at Las Alcobas and it's sensational. Now, I'm not one who normally spends time in Polanco -- not my scene. But, one cannot do better than Las Alcobas in MEX -- tippy top property and it will make an exceptional addition to the Starwood portfolio in MEX
It is, indeed, a phenomenal property and perfectly suited for Luxury Collection. I'll be at the St. Regis next year simply because that's the best SPG option currently, but Las Alcobas would definitely get my business once it converts back into the SPG fold, as I love the Polanco district.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bhrubin
It is, indeed, a phenomenal property and perfectly suited for Luxury Collection. I'll be at the St. Regis next year simply because that's the best SPG option currently, but Las Alcobas would definitely get my business once it converts back into the SPG fold, as I love the Polanco district.
Same.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin
There already is a Las Alcobas boutique hotel in Mexico City (http://www.lasalcobas.com/) which previously WAS part of the Luxury Collection. I wonder if it is returning to the LC portfolio after a refurb/retrain or if your citation is about a brand new property of the same name (which I would think would be problematic LOL).
Are you sure this hotel was previously in the Luxury Collection? I googled and it appears to have opened in 2010, and I don't remember it being part of Starwood in the last 4 years. Unless it was a member so briefly that I never noticed it.

Last edited by James Luckard; Dec 1, 2014 at 12:19 am
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:27 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by James Luckard
Are you sure this hotel was previously in the Luxury Collection? I googled and it appears to have opened in 2010, and I don't remember it being part of Starwood in the last 4 years. Unless it was a member so briefly that I never noticed it.
No, I'm not certain. Just thought I'd read somewhere that it had briefly been in LC but exited. Sorry if I got that wrong...but at least it will perhaps be part of the LC soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.