Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

[LEFT Marriott; to become Rosewood] Blue Palace, Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dgreen12
Email Addresses (per Post 425)

Print Wikipost

[LEFT Marriott; to become Rosewood] Blue Palace, Crete, Greece [Master Thread]

Old Jun 30, 2006, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA GS, aa platinum, hh gold, starwood platinum
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
Vedema has low rates on 2BR, but only the very highest has private pool.

Unlike @ Blue Palace where nearly all the rooms (all 1BR except villas) have pools. Santa Marina has a 2BR with pool thats comparable to Blue Palace DLX Suite, just that its pool is not an infinity.

I think I'm going to price the Elounda resort as well (non Starwood), especially if Blue Palace does not have SPG50/35/20 during peak season.

I lucked out and booked 5 nights at the Blue Palace on points 3 months ago for August. They were nice enough to allow me to have 4 in a room(wife and 2 kids)
It has been 6 years since I stayed at the Santa Marina. I was on a cruise 2 years ago that stopped on Mykonos, I contacted the hotel before I left home and they let me use all facilities for the day. It was great since we didn't have to deal with 2000 of our closest friends from the cruise ship! They had done an expansion since I was there and built a beautifull new pool area with lounges and couches looking out at the water.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 11:23 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1k, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I also booked an award stay for 3 nights about 3 months ago at the Blue Palace. I can hardly wait!

We will be taking the late evening ferry from Santorini to Crete. I understand sometimes the ferries don't run due to sea conditions. How bad is it in early August? Is there a convenient way to check and then plan for alternative means of travel?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ac-ua
I also booked an award stay for 3 nights about 3 months ago at the Blue Palace. I can hardly wait!

We will be taking the late evening ferry from Santorini to Crete. I understand sometimes the ferries don't run due to sea conditions. How bad is it in early August? Is there a convenient way to check and then plan for alternative means of travel?

There is an airline that is based on Crete and fly's between the Islands. It is called Sky Express. All of the other airlines fly back to Athens then over to the Islands.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 1:47 am

Programs: SK EBD, AX Cent, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Club-A Plat, Avis' PC, CC Gold,Hertz PC, CX Diamond,BA Bronz
We're looking at a week there last week of 'september; 2 adults 2 youth and 1 child and are booking 2 separate Bungalows. My wife and I are Plat. How do they treat Plats in general, and might it be REMOTELY possible that they upgrade us to a joined booking in one of the villas?

Last edited by The Viking; Aug 4, 2006 at 2:12 am
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:22 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
I'll be heading with my wife to the Blue Palace in Crete as well as the Santa Marina in Mykonos in the summer 07.

I look forward to read reports from those that are heading this summer!
Old Aug 6, 2006, 6:50 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by dick tracy
I am staying at the Blue Palace and the Grand Bretagne in the next few weeks, does anyone know what they do for breakfast with platinum levels? Do they comp you? Do you get vouchers? Are there lounges?

Thanks
No breakfast at the GB either comp or through vouchers. No lounge either. But breakfast is a nice experience, top quality products in a very nice setting. Well worth the 26 EUR or so.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:36 am

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman
Order Room Service

I was on an award stay at the BP and we ordered room service every day. The prices are very low because most people there are on a package that includes breakfast and they want to entice them to order RS. My wife and I were very full sharing one breakfast between the two of us for about 16 Euros. Very nice to have next to your private pool. We loved this property and also the Grande Bretagne. FYI, you should consider having drinks (but probably not dinner) on the top floor of the GB, breathtaking views.

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jayzee9
I was on an award stay at the BP and we ordered room service every day. The prices are very low because most people there are on a package that includes breakfast and they want to entice them to order RS. My wife and I were very full sharing one breakfast between the two of us for about 16 Euros. Very nice to have next to your private pool. We loved this property and also the Grande Bretagne. FYI, you should consider having drinks (but probably not dinner) on the top floor of the GB, breathtaking views.

Have a great trip!

I totally agree
.... We stayed at Grand Bretagne and Blue Palace on award stay.
In Athens as platinum we were upgraded to a nice room overlooking Sintagma Square with a nice view of the Parthenon and of the changing of the guard. We did get a fruit bowl welcome amenity. The breakfast was wonderful, great setting and food...worth the cost. We had a great dinner on the roof top with great view of the Parthenon.
At Blue Palace as platinum we were treated to an upgraded room, two level suite with private pool and a nice welcome amenity (fruit bowl, water and wine). The first morning we had breakfast in the restaurant, nice set up, a great variety of great food. Then from day 2 we ordered breakfast in the room, one breakfast is enough for 2. It was the best way to enjoy our paradise....a great greek breakfast floating in your pool overlooking the greek sea... So far for us it has been the best experience in any Starwood property. The resort is wonderful, the location better than any other Elounda resorts, the spa amazing. We tried a couple of restaurant on property, great food and reasonably priced. There are several good taverna in walking distance. The services at the hotel were good and reasonably priced, the restaurants, the spa...I was pleasantly surprised by the low cost for phone and fax....compared to other resorts it was a deal.
Overall for me Grand Bretagne a wonderful old style hotel in the best location, I will suggest to try the breakfast in the indoor restaurant and dinner and drinks on the rooftop.

But Blue Palace...is the best...Enjoy your slice of paradise from your private pool....

Old Aug 7, 2006, 4:49 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
Was at the BP 3 weeks ago on award and the breakfast was not included. You can add a half-board package for 55Euros per person per day if interested.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"two level suite with private pool"

You got a villa! Either Almyra or Thalassa 2BR. Not the Grand Villa since it has both indoor and outdoor pools. Assuming you went in June/July rate would have been $2300/$2700 euros/night.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 7:17 pm

The family and I just came back from the Blue Palace. We stayed 5 nights on points. We got a nice upgrade to a deluxe room(no pool). The view was great. The hotel is really nice and the pools are too. Only problem is that when you stay on points you don't get breakfast.
I can't wait to go back again.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by dick tracy
The family and I just came back from the Blue Palace. We stayed 5 nights on points. We got a nice upgrade to a deluxe room(no pool). The view was great. The hotel is really nice and the pools are too. Only problem is that when you stay on points you don't get breakfast.
I can't wait to go back again.
Did you need to book two rooms for a family of four or were you all able to stay in one room? I know this is an issue at some the other European properties.
Old Aug 27, 2006, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by marlin
I'm sorry Dick Tracy-I see the answer in the proceeding page-one room
I had to find an spg person willing to make the reservation for 2 adults and 2 children. Then you will probably need to contact the hotel or they will contact you to confirm it.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:27 am

I just booked for next summer -- 5 nights in the Deluxe Suite for 96,000 points.

Superior Bungalows are 12,000 (up to 16,000) points.
Superior Bungalows with private pool are 13,500 (up to 17,500) points.
Deluxe Suites are 24,000 (up to 32,000) points.
The other three room types are not available for SPG award redemptions.

91 Superior Bungalows Sea View
79 Superior Bungalows Sea View & private pool
14 Mediterranean Maisonette Suites Sea View & private pool
10 Deluxe Suites Sea View & private pool
7 Island Luxury Suites Sea View & private heated pool
3 private Villas Sea View & pool
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:29 am

The private pool in the Superior Bungalows is not a true private pool. It is a shared pool with dividers between bungalows.

Is the private pool for the Deluxe Suites a proper private pool, not connected to other private pools?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.