Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]

Four Points Meriden, CT [Master Thread]

Old May 21, 2012, 9:20 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Morally it is due and I would pay it, legally however, I'm not sure. I don't live in CT or even in the US, so laws might be different.

Last edited by NBSPGMEMBER; Jun 28, 2012 at 8:15 pm
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:02 pm

What is this square box on my dresser named "zenith"? Looks like a tv, but tvs are supposed to be rectangular. This square thing is confusing.

OK hotel. If I hadn't gotten a BRG and didn't need the night for the 3x promo, I wouldn't have stayed there. I don't understand the business model. There are several hotels right off the highway. This one is a mile away. And who stays here if not passers through? Not convenient to Hartford or New Haven, being 20 miles from either. No real food or conveniences nearby. And not all that cheap either, but for the BRG rate. Room is dated. A/c is one of those floor units not controlled by temp thermostat.

Yet the lot was near full. They must be doing something right. Very friendly front desk. Fresh cookies. Coupon for a free breakfast. Good free wifi. All in all a bit of a diamond in the rough.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
still have the dice game at the FD?

I have found that due to the on site restaurant, lots of road workers stay there
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lkar
What is this square box on my dresser named "zenith"? Looks like a tv, but tvs are supposed to be rectangular. This square thing is confusing.

OK hotel. If I hadn't gotten a BRG and didn't need the night for the 3x promo, I wouldn't have stayed there. I don't understand the business model. There are several hotels right off the highway. This one is a mile away. And who stays here if not passers through? Not convenient to Hartford or New Haven, being 20 miles from either. No real food or conveniences nearby. And not all that cheap either, but for the BRG rate. Room is dated. A/c is one of those floor units not controlled by temp thermostat.

Yet the lot was near full. They must be doing something right. Very friendly front desk. Fresh cookies. Coupon for a free breakfast. Good free wifi. All in all a bit of a diamond in the rough.
were you there last night? I was but didnt get back till 2am stopped off on my to Boston checked in using the roomsaver.com coupon $69 (Mon-Wed) $59 all other days wasnt offerred a free breakfast but then again I didnt want it as I had too much coffee on the drive back and didnt hit the sack till 3am
Old Jun 28, 2012, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by etsmyers
still have the dice game at the FD?

I have found that due to the on site restaurant, lots of road workers stay there
Unfortuantely NO

its now drop your biz card into the glass jar and I think either once a week or month they draw 1 card (all the other cards stay put for the next drawing) and they give that person 10K in pts
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
No real food or conveniences nearby.
If you missed the BBQ place on the way in, you really missed out.

On your left very soon after you take the turn off of Main Street onto Pomeroy.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by craz
were you there last night? I was but didnt get back till 2am stopped off on my to Boston checked in using the roomsaver.com coupon $69 (Mon-Wed) $59 all other days wasnt offerred a free breakfast but then again I didnt want it as I had too much coffee on the drive back and didnt hit the sack till 3am
Looks like I missed you by a day, craz.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
If you missed the BBQ place on the way in, you really missed out.

On your left very soon after you take the turn off of Main Street onto Pomeroy.
I missed it. But I did get a good bagel, so there's that.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 11:38 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I missed it. But I did get a good bagel, so there's that.
I will be there next month and will try the BBQ. I have been driving by it for years. Where do you go for the bagel.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by abk
I will be there next month and will try the BBQ. I have been driving by it for years. Where do you go for the bagel.
At the free breakfast at the restaurant attached to the hotel. They brought them in from somewhere. Very good. Just the right crust to chewy ratio.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:07 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
At the hotel now. Lots of changes and new faces. One of the employees told me the hotel was in the process of or has been sold. Makes me wonder if it will stay in Spg with the new sheraton literally right up the road.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:06 am

Any update on the condition of the hotel?
Are the rooms already renovated?

THX
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:12 am
abk

Originally Posted by ehud
Any update on the condition of the hotel?
Are the rooms already renovated?

THX
Last time I was there they were in the process but to me it will not change the property that much. If it is not to far out of the way, the Sheraton Hartford South is really a much nicer property and not that far away.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:26 pm
abk

I am in the hotel now. I was at the Sheraton Hartford South which is 10 minutes away on Saturday. If you read this thread you will see that over time I have liked this hotel.

NOT ANY MORE.

Checked in this afternoon. They gave me the wrong wifi password and when I called down stairs the phone didn't work. They sent someone to look at the phone and it was still broken later that night.

Two computers in the lobby but only one can print but in the past both could. They have whatever version of windows that no one can easily use especially us Mac people.

My new upgraded suite has NO plugs that can be accessed by a desk or night table. The hvac still has no thermostat and the one in the bedroom has no auto setting so live with what you set.

To add insult to injury I came back after dinner and the wifi in the entire hotel is down. The woman at the desk said she and the GM called their wifi provider three times each and they didn't answer. Go figure. Guess it was the low bidder.

Last time I was here one elevator was out and from the lights in the lobby and a sign on the second floor it looks like it still is.

IMHO the new owners have not helped this property out the least bit but turned it into a wreck. If the rates are close go to the Sheraton Hartford South as it is close and a really nice hotel. If you want a cheap room with a hotel bar (it's like the only bar around) and not much else stay here.

Last edited by abk; Apr 29, 2014 at 7:14 pm Reason: cleaning up my rant
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Gold
not great

Stayed last night - for one night - on a hot, humid, rainy night.

The front desk gal was very friendly, as was the server at breakfast. Warm and friendly.

Beyond that, there wasn't much to recommend this place other than the rate ($129). Hallways and my room smelled musty. Hotel was clean but tired - totally devoid of style or charm.

If it weren't for the *Wood affiliation and the opportunity to earn points and qualifying nights, I'd probably choose the Hampton Inn or Residence Inn nearby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.