Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]

SPG member benefits provided in August 2017 by member Sheraton Saigon Hotel and Towers.

SPG member discount at Hotel’s venues:
  • 15% discount on Food bill (lunch & dinner only, not breakfast) at Saigon Café Buffet Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill at Level 23 Signature Restaurant and Li Bai Restaurant
  • 15% discount on Food bill, from 10AM to 11PM at Mojo on Dong Khoi and The Lounge
  • 15% discount on Food and 15% discount on non alcoholic Beverage at Level 23 Nightspot and Wine Bar.
  • 20% discount all Spa service.

Club Lounge Benefits:
  • Private and personalized registration and check out in the Lounge
  • Buffet breakfast served from 6.30am until 10.00am in the Lounge.
  • Happy Hours drinks and hors d’oeuvres each evening from 5.00pm to 7.30pm
  • One hour complimentary use of the Club Lounge meeting room (subject to availability)
  • Wireless and Broadband Internet connection and workstations at the Club Lounge
  • Facsimile and photocopying services available
  • Light pressing of three garments per stay upon arrival
  • 24 hour Butler service and Concierge services available
  • Choice of international newspapers in the lounge
  • Sheraton Fitness Gym featuring latest Techno gym equipment for selected workout stations
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2007, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
They said that the bath amenities were the same on all floors.
Did you get the suntan lotion in your studio room
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by aaac
Did you get the suntan lotion in your studio room
I can't remember for sure. One of the places we stayed did have suntan lotion in small bottles. I remember thinking that it was only enough to cover a kid. Might have been here or not. Regardless, the large studio room is IMO much better than the normal suites they have. Just because they call it a suite doens't make it better.

You have some great pictures on your site. The ones of your homeland are especially nice.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:49 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Originally Posted by mario33
Hotel quoted me USD37 (plus taxes) for airport pickup.

Is the taxi coupon still USD5, or has fares gone up substantially.

Thanks.
Yep it's still USD5 to any Hotel in District 1 from the Sasco Taxi desk on the right just before you exit the terminal. Or USD6 if you want a 6 seater!.

I presume this will be the same when the new terminal at SGN is fully up and running. Tiger and a couple of others have already moved and I know SQ move over there next Wednesday. Hopefully they'll have smaller queues and better aircon at the new terminal...

I agree with the comments about the staff in the lounge there, they are a great bunch. They do sometimes move them around a little though as one of them I know quite well was working on the main reception a couple of weeks ago.
Old Aug 25, 2007, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MAN Flyer
I presume this will be the same when the new terminal at SGN is fully up and running. Tiger and a couple of others have already moved and I know SQ move over there next Wednesday. Hopefully they'll have smaller queues and better aircon at the new terminal....
The new terminal was very quiet yesterday (I arrived on MH).

No sign of any money changer and no taxi coupon for sale. Used the meter instead but driver was more than happy to accept USD5 when I discovered I didnt have any "current" vietnamese note !
Old Sep 2, 2007, 3:28 am

The new terminal was very quiet yesterday (I arrived on MH).

No sign of any money changer and no taxi coupon for sale. Used the meter instead but driver was more than happy to accept USD5 when I discovered I didnt have any "current" vietnamese note !
It should be different now as I think all airlines will have moved over. I saw the MH a/c at the new terminal on Sunday 26th. SQ moved over on the 29th but I had left by then so still haven't used the new place.
Old Sep 3, 2007, 9:37 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA PE, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Regardless, the large studio room is IMO much better than the normal suites they have. Just because they call it a suite doens't make it better.
The studio suite is actually a bit larger than the studio room but the kitchenette restricts the size of the room.

However, the tower suites on the executive floors are really nice. It is basically 2 adjoining rooms, with one is the studio room with the same large walk-in bathroom. The living room has a round table and sofa with a 42 inches Samsung LCD TV and mini-stereo system. It also have its own mini bathroom without showers or the bathtub of the other room.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by tdml68

The only complaint I had is the business center charging for computer use. My notebook was down so I had to use the computer in the BC. I didn't see it but was charged for 1 1/2 hours ($15). The sign was there but I didn't pay attention to it. There is a charge for internet use in your room.

^
When I was there a couple years ago, there was a little room upstairs from the main lounge that had complimentary internet access. That wasn't there anymore?

PS Nice trip report, thanks, I loved my stay there.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
When I was there a couple years ago, there was a little room upstairs from the main lounge that had complimentary internet access. That wasn't there anymore?
It's actually downstairs one floor from the main lounge and yes, it's still there with two PC's with printers.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 8:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by beachfan
There are 2 pc downstairs (exec lounge lower level) with free internet access
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:15 pm

There are 2 pc downstairs (exec lounge lower level) with free internet access
There is still 1 computer upstairs too. There are also 2 conference rooms and a smoking lounge upstairs from the lounge.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by aaac
The studio suite is actually a bit larger than the studio room but the kitchenette restricts the size of the room.

However, the tower suites on the executive floors are really nice. It is basically 2 adjoining rooms, with one is the studio room with the same large walk-in bathroom. The living room has a round table and sofa with a 42 inches Samsung LCD TV and mini-stereo system. It also have its own mini bathroom without showers or the bathtub of the other room.
That does sound nice. However, I don't think it is a plat upgrade. Not saying some people haven't received them, just that the hotel is within its rights to not give it to you, as it is not a "standard suite." YMMV.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 12:47 pm

Just stayed here last week and during a chat with some of the staff I got a bit of info on forthcoming changes.

The new wing should be ready around the end of the first quarter next year. It will have just over 100 rooms, all of which are suites of varying sizes. With the occupancy levels of Hotels in Saigon these will be a welcome addition.

The exec lounge is supposedly moving from it's current location down to the fifth floor where the tennis court currently is. Part of the current gym will also make way for the new lounge as the checkin and dining area will be there.

I asked what will happen with regard to Plat upgrades when the new wing of suites opens and they say they have not decided yet.

Personally I'm not struck on the idea of exec lounge going down to the fifth floor but as it currently occupies a certain amount of space on three levels I suppose it makes sense.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 3:06 am

Be prepared for a sizeable rate increase when they announce their new rates in December. I met with a sales executive this week with the promise of over 200+ nights next year. Their quote for the remainder of this year was $225/night (this is the same room that my other company gets for $150/night). Next year she said it will be higher. I'd expect at least 20%.

The new wing is the renovation of the serviced apartments they used to have. They should be pretty nice.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 9:36 am
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
I just made a booking at the Saigon Sheraton for late March to burn my 50PRG award for the year. Unfortunately, they said that only rooms with one king bed are available for those nights. The website seemed to confirm this. I found this a little strange but just went with it and was placed on a wait list for a room with two beds by the Plat. concierge (though, I doubt they even have such rooms). Can those of you who have been to the hotel shed some light on these questions:

1. Do they actually have rooms with more than one bed?

2. If I'm upgraded as a plat, will there be something for my friend to sleep on in the room (like a hideaway bed or couch)?

3. Is there any charge for a roll-away bed?

Yes, I know I sound like a cheap a**... we are budget backpackers but are looking for some nice digs as part of our jetlag recovery program at the start of a 10-day trip. TIA for any advice.
Old Mar 4, 2008, 10:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rwk32882
Yes, I know I sound like a cheap a**... we are budget backpackers but are looking for some nice digs as part of our jetlag recovery program at the start of a 10-day trip. TIA for any advice.
HHmmm budget backpackers staying at a USD300 a night hotel in Vietnam

I am quite sure they have rooms with 2 beds, even seen some pictures on their website.

Theres definitely a couch in the suite, but does your friend want to sleep in one ? Rollaway bed is charged at USD30 ......

A Category 5 Sheraton in Vietnam
Who would have imagined that a couple of years ago !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.