Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
When you get one of these referral deals, you generally need to have a lot of flexibility in your dates. Availability is through SVN - the timeshare arm of Starwood - and you won't have the same availability as if you were booking as a regular hotel stay. You have to book them over the phone with SVN, and conform to their available dates.

These deals are often sent out as targeted promos to SPG members and SPG Amex card holders. (It's not always via a timeshare owner's referral.)
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:54 am

Hi guys, can someone help me get a referral for my fiance and I?

Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 5:25 pm

Very excited to be heading to WKORV for the first time next Saturday with my special lady.

Just wondering if there's any last minute tips for both a WKORV and also Maui virgin.

staying 5 nights.

thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan Distinction
has anyone tried recently to book a one bedroom unit with points? I know on the spg website it lists the studio units eligible with points, but nothing for the 1 bedroom/ Is this doable and anyone have any idea how many points per night?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by jay31
has anyone tried recently to book a one bedroom unit with points? I know on the spg website it lists the studio units eligible with points, but nothing for the 1 bedroom/ Is this doable and anyone have any idea how many points per night?

Thanks
Call SPG for availability and to book.

Its double for a 1BR...
Old May 2, 2015, 3:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I'm back!

I'm back from a four-month self-imposed break from FlyerTalk. I have over 40 PM's asking for owner-referrals to this property or to the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas. I will begin working those on a first-come basis. I apologize for those of you who have been waiting. Give me a couple of weeks to work through the backlog.

It's good to be back!
Old May 5, 2015, 4:52 am

Welcome back!
Old May 26, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Aeroplan Distinction
If i booked this with points for a studio room with a king size bed and a sofa bed, and there are 4 adults and 1 baby in the room would there be additional charges?

Extra person charge: USD 89 Per Person / Per Night

Child rollaway charge: USD 15.00 Per Child Rollaway / Per Night

The baby would sleep in her own crib and we would bring.

If just states on my booking page 16,000 points per night ( 5th night free deal)
Old May 26, 2015, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I'm back from a four-month self-imposed break from FlyerTalk. I have over 40 PM's asking for owner-referrals to this property or to the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas. I will begin working those on a first-come basis. I apologize for those of you who have been waiting. Give me a couple of weeks to work through the backlog.

It's good to be back!
Hi again Controller and welcome back. Sent you a PM quite awhile back for this WKORV property.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 26, 2015, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by jay31
If i booked this with points for a studio room with a king size bed and a sofa bed, and there are 4 adults and 1 baby in the room would there be additional charges?

Extra person charge: USD 89 Per Person / Per Night

Child rollaway charge: USD 15.00 Per Child Rollaway / Per Night

The baby would sleep in her own crib and we would bring.

If just states on my booking page 16,000 points per night ( 5th night free deal)
Did you call in for the booking? I thought you could only have two adults on a points reservation...

You might want to contact the property to see if five people in that size room is even allowed. To be honest, you're going to be extremely cramped with 4 adults in the studio and I can't actually imagine where you're going to put a crib in that room with the sofabed open as there's pretty much no floor space left...
Old Jun 23, 2015, 5:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
At the stroke of 11pm (cst) got a week for a two bedroom lock off in February for 148k options.

We have been to Kauai, Hawaii, and Oahu, but this will be our first trip to Maui. Staying at GW Waldorf Astoria for 3 nights before our week here.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Hi all: Questions for those who have stayed at this hotel: We have friends who have booked a week here in November and we are going to join. Looking to use SPG points but see that we can get a room at the other Westin Maui Resort down the street for 12K/night and this property is 20K/night.

1) Is the ocean resort worth the extra 8k a night?

2) If we stay at the other westin, will we be able to join our friends at the Ocean Resort at the pool and other amenities? We are plat for what it's worth.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
1. Depends on if you value having a kitchen, washer and dryer, etc... If you will use them, then it could be worth it, if not, probably not.
2. Rules say no. Practically, having stayed at both, enforcement isn't air tight.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by stewlevine
1. Depends on if you value having a kitchen, washer and dryer, etc... If you will use them, then it could be worth it, if not, probably not.
The studios at the villas are quite a bit larger (kitchenette, sitting area with couch/table/chair) than the standard room you'd get at the hotel, so the point requirement comparison isn't really valid. You should compare the points for a junior suite (I would guess 15K/nt) at the hotel vs the studio at the villas...
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Thanks for the responses----can some clarify for me which platinum benefits are offered at this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.