Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Old May 20, 2004, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Arrow Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

I had my first stay at this new property last week. Here are some observations :

- As a platinum member and Owner at this property, I was given a villa on the 6th floor with wonderful ocean view on my right and beautiful mountain view on my left. Also received all kinds of presents upon arrival, Calendar, fish cards, wooden bottle opener, etc.
- Check in was very friendly and efficient. I was very impressed by all the staff members I came in contact with during my stay, all outstanding.
- Villas was just like the model we visited upon buying, Heavenly bed, shower head, beautifully decorated with modern and comfortable furnitures. Kitchen is totally equipped (blender as well).
- Property is still under construction, phase 2 and 3 are underway. 2 giants cranes and an army of workers are working hard to meet the deadline. They start very early in the morning (around 7am) and stop around 4pm. The villas are very well protected against exterior noise but it is loud if you keep the doors open (lots of mosquitos and flying ants though... not recommended..) We arrived on a Saturday around 4 so the construction was done, we were able to relax and recuperate from the trip by the pool on Saturday and Sunday, during the week, we planned excursions during the day so we wouldn't have to deal with the noise, and enjoyed the hotel's pool late afternoon and evening. Follow this strategy, it is loud out there during the day !
- Property has a poolside restaurant (very well priced for Hawaii) with great dishes and great service (great drinks too, Lava flow per exemple), a place to barbecue if you wish to do so, A big pool with a separate one for kiddies and a slide for older kids and adults.
- Property has also a general store with a coffeeshop and pastries and all you need for a comfortable stay. A business center with 2 computers, a game room, a lounge for late departures, a water center for all your needs and a concierge/activities center.
- Great snorkeling right in front of the property (best we had all week as a matter of fact !), lots of turtles, big fishes, small rare ones,barracudas as well..
- Kids club from 9 am to 4 or 5 (can't remember) very friendly staff with great activities for kids 6 to 12
- As an owner, was invited to a presentation for Owners only (4500 starpoints or $50 gift certificate if you attend), They reviewed all the programs with us and tried to have us upgrade our ownership.. go for the points, they also pay for kids club, presentation lasted about 90 minutes.
- You can enjoy all the others Starwood properties on the Island as well, free parking. I recommend the other Westin for the pool (kids will love it, watch out for the slide, real fast and a little scary !!), and the Kapalua Bay hotel for the beach and the snorkeling).
Overall, I really love the property, I am very happy with my investment there and I look forward visiting every year for a week or two, I love Maui and I really enjoy this part of kaanapali. Aloha
Old May 20, 2004, 12:38 pm

Thanks for the review. We visited in March while staying at the Sheraton, and loved it. We bought an Every Other Year week. Looking forward to a week there next year.

Have you visited the Timeshare Users Group website? Your review would be good in their review section.
Old May 20, 2004, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Where is the timeshare section ?? Thanks in advance..
Old May 21, 2004, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by couscous
Where is the timeshare section ?? Thanks in advance..
It's another forum devoted to Timeshares. Go to www.tug2.com
It's free to belong to the BBS and a minor fee to belong to the reviews section. Membership is only $15 for the first 12 months ( renewal dues is only $10 ). - well worth it, IMHO
Old May 21, 2004, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Awesome, Thanks !
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Have a stay coming up here next week. Any recent updates on the property?

Mahalo nui loa for your comments.

aloha
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Have a great time !! I'm so jealous..
Old Aug 5, 2004, 6:09 am

We were there in April and agree that it is fabulous . Actually we found watching the construction pretty interesting, the noise was not bad. We bought preconstruction don't know if price is higher now. We are looking forward to our next visit
Old Aug 5, 2004, 9:39 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Diamond *Wood Gold, Hertz PC
Couscous, thanks for posting the review, it was great.

A few questions -

What is the layout of the villas like... One bedroom, two ? More than one bathroom? Is the kitchen something that you could cook a full dinner in or is it more light breakfast, sandwiches and snacks.

I'm thinking that this would be a good choice for our family if there were two bedrooms with a king in one, for dad and mom, and two doubles in the other for the teenagers.

Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2004, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA PLT (1MM); SPG GLD
Originally Posted by WestCoastFlyer
What is the layout of the villas like... One bedroom, two ? More than one bathroom? Is the kitchen something that you could cook a full dinner in or is it more light breakfast, sandwiches and snacks.
This timeshare is fabulous!

Each "2 bedroom" unit is a lock-off unit, with a main door from the common hallway, and two interior doors leading to a 1 bedroom and a studio. The kitchen units in each lock-off are easily large enough to cook an entire meal in. The larger lock-off has a range, oven, and microwave, and the smaller has a range and microwave/convection oven. Each lock-off has it's own bathroom and spa-tub. Large entertainment centers and smallish dining rooms in both as well.
Old Aug 5, 2004, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Use this website for all your questions, you will find all the answers.. ^
www.starwoodvo.com
Old Aug 5, 2004, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Any current timeshare presentation opportunities? How's the hassle re: timeshare presentations during the stay?

aloha
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I took some pictures at this resort and here they are:

edit, please see links to pictures below.

aloha

Last edited by slippahs; Jun 16, 2005 at 1:57 pm
Old Oct 9, 2004, 5:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Thumbs up A nice timeshare!

We purchased a two-bedroom every-other-year (EOY) interval last year (even) sight unseen, and another EOY (odd) this year. We'll be staying there next month for our first owner occupancy, but last year we stayed there on a rental basis through Starwood. They were offering reduced rates at around $280/night for a one-bedroom villa because of the construction. When we were there, no one even asked us about a timeshare presentation, but they might have known we had already purchased.

It's a very nice and comfortable place to stay with our two small children. We also loved the pool bar/grill and friendly people. Starwood will be building an "expansion" next-door to this resort starting next year after they finish this resort in July 2005. I think prices started at around $36K for a two-bedroom and now are at around $48K. Maintenance fees are around $1250/year for the two-bedroom.
Old May 24, 2005, 8:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/article16662.html

The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas Completes Final Phase of Construction

Starwood Vacation Ownership (SVO), a division of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT), has broken ground on its newest Hawaiian resort, The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North.

Located in Maui, the resort is adjacent to the award-winning Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. The new beach front resort will have 258 lock-off units upon completion. A traditional ground blessing ceremony was held prior to breaking ground on the new resort.

"The strong demand we have already experienced in Maui, coupled with the interest in our latest Westin-branded resort, reinforces our commitment to develop vacation ownership resorts of the highest quality and service levels in Hawaii," said Raymond L. "Rip" Gellein, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc.

The Hawaiian designed architecture of The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North provides a great deal of variation and contrasts providing guests with excellent views of the Pacific Ocean, the islands of Lanai and Molokai, and access to Ka'anapali North Beach. The 150-foot shoreline setback will feature indigenous plants and a developer-sponsored dune enhancement program.

The resort features a separate children's area with a pool, clubhouse and play area. Central to the main courtyard and running from the clubhouse to the ocean is a terraced water feature that includes a river pool. The restaurant and spa will overlook this scenic courtyard.

The initial phase of the new resort, which will include 128 units, a clubhouse, large spa, a restaurant, general store, and kids club, is expected to be ready for occupancy in spring 2007. Subsequent phases will include an additional 130 luxury villas.

Guests and owners of The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North may avail themselves of the services and amenities available at other Starwood resorts on Maui, including The Westin Maui Resort & Spa and the Sheraton Maui Resort, and have charges billed back to their SVO units. "Our mixed-use strategy in Maui is well received giving our owners and guests multiple options to stay at one of the vacation ownership resorts and having multiple dining and recreational options at other Starwood hotels on the island," said Mr. Gellein.

Construction Nearing Completion on The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas

Next month, SVO will complete its final phase of construction on its first Maui vacation ownership resort, The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. The newly completed Phase 2 construction includes 177 units, bringing the resort to 280 fully furnished luxury villas.

The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas received the 2005 ACE Project of Excellence, the highest accolade of the vacation ownership resort industry from the American Resort Development Association (ARDA). The first vacation ownership property developed by Starwood in Hawaii, the resort had among the highest Guest Satisfaction Index scores of any hotel in the Starwood family and is the most requested resort for Starwood owners.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.