Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Ok, just about to plan a vacation for 10 nights in Maui. Went to the Villas 18 months ago and truly enjoyed it. Looking to go there again but am confused/concerned about room types.

Had a one bedroom ocean view villa last time. And am looking to doing this again. Noticed there were two properties at this site last time. Is that the reason why there are two different threads.

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas
Westin Ka'anapali, Hawaii

Just want to make sure I book for the villas and not the "hotel" I've read others referring to. Besides, the SPG.com website makes it appear that the site is an all villa type. Hence, my confusion. Anyone care to explain this a little bit.

Thanks.

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Feb 3, 2014 at 11:54 am
Old Feb 2, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP Gold 100K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I've been looking at this property, and would appreciate if I could get a referral. Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Ok, just about to plan a vacation for 10 nights in Maui. Went to the Villas 18 months ago and truly enjoyed it. Looking to go there again but am confused/concerned about room types.

Had a one bedroom ocean view villa last time. And am looking to doing this again. Noticed there were two properties at this site last time. Is that the reason why there are two different threads.

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas
Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort, Hawaii

Just want to make sure I book for the villas and not the "hotel" I've read others referring to. Besides, the SPG.com website makes it appear that the site is an all villa type. Hence, my confusion. Anyone care to explain this a little bit.

Thanks.

The Villas went up in 2 phases. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and the WKORV North. They are one complex but the villas in the North are newer but a little smaller. You get to use the facilities of both.

The Westin Maui is the hotel that is on the main Ka'anapali Beach strip near Whaler's Village.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 10:00 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Redeemed
I would be interested in seeking a referral for a visit offer. Thank you.
Originally Posted by dav373
I would also appreciate a referral. Thanks!
Check your PM inbox.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:00 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I also would be interested in seeking a referral for a visit offer please. Thank you.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by Fizzer
The Villas went up in 2 phases. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and the WKORV North. They are one complex but the villas in the North are newer but a little smaller. You get to use the facilities of both.

The Westin Maui is the hotel that is on the main Ka'anapali Beach strip near Whaler's Village.
Thanks... Just got a little confused with the Master Thread names being very similar.

Working with Concierge on some details now... Can't wait to escape to Maui!!
Old Feb 3, 2014, 12:19 pm

Which tower do the non-timeshare guests usually stay in?
Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by JasonYYC
The Westin with the Towers is the Westin Maui. This is the original Hotel. The Westin Villas are probably a mile or so away ( I haven't measured it TBH) and are a seperate facility. These are the time shares but the villas are available to rent as well. The Time shares were built in 2 phases but I see that on spg.com they have just the one name. The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas.

The Starwood Vacation Network website, however, lists the Villas as 2 properties, the WKORV and the WKORV North. If you are interested in the villas rather than the hotel the information here may be more helpful.

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork....la-collection/

If you click on the number 14 on the map on the banner photo that appears the zig zag buildings are the North Villas and the 3 seperate buildings are the Ocean Resort Villas. The Westin Maui is just out of sight inthe top right corner to give you some idea.
Old Feb 6, 2014, 1:05 pm

Referral needed for Maui

My family and I are planning to go to Maui later this year with our 2 young kids. If anyone can give us a referral, it is greatly appreciated!! TIA!
Old Feb 6, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Myself and my folks...

Originally Posted by JasonYYC
...who are both non owners were put in the north building (newer one).
One big point I want to re-iterate, if you are PLAT call the property and let them know before your arrival. If they aren't oversold they will upgrade you, but don't count on them knowing you are PLAT without a call or two.
We went I handed over my LT PLAT card to the kid at the front desk and he almost fell over apologizing because they didnt know and hadn't upgraded us.
20 minutes later after some conversation with the day manager they got us an excellent 1 br with ocean view. But the front desk guy said my portfolio showed no status, thus we would have gotten the studio with the parking lot view had I not handed over my card at check in (and we were lucky they weren't at full capacity.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:47 pm

I received the offer from SPG - $798/5 nights with $75 resort credit or 5,000 Starpoints, plus $185 Avis credit. The $75 credit won't even offset the $30/night resort fee, not to mention the parking fees. Is this actually a good deal? Also, is the timeshare presentation now mandatory?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 7:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AEmgee
I received the offer from SPG - $798/5 nights with $75 resort credit or 5,000 Starpoints, plus $185 Avis credit. The $75 credit won't even offset the $30/night resort fee, not to mention the parking fees. Is this actually a good deal? Also, is the timeshare presentation now mandatory?
I do not believe there is a resort fee at this property.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I do not believe there is a resort fee at this property.
Details of Participation

This special invitation is offered by Westin Vacation Services.

Eligibility - Only the person(s) whose name appears on the front of this email invitation may redeem this offer. Offer is not transferable. Your name will be verified with our guest roster. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. Groups (two or more affiliated couples traveling together), previous participants in a Westin or Sheraton Vacation Services getaway within the past year, all employees and their immediate family members of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., its affiliated entities, and Owners at any Starwood Vacation Ownership resort are not eligible for this offer. One offer per family.

Offer - Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase date. Offer cannot be modified. All currency mentions are US Dollars. Upon check-out you will be charged a resort fee of $30 per room, per night, for additional amenities. The daily fee is subject to change.

Cancellations must be made in writing within fifteen days of the package purchase date or package purchase price is not refundable. A refund will be issued within fifteen days of the receipt of notice of cancellation. Cancellation notices must be sent to Westin Cancellations, 74000 Country Club Drive - D - Palm Desert, CA 92260.

Starpoints - If selected, must be authorized within 24 hours of arrival at the Concierge Desk in the lobby of the resort. Allow 4 - 6 weeks for posting of Starpoints. Redemption of Starpoints is subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice. Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions can be viewed on our website at SPG.com. Approximate retail value is $175.00.

Certificate - If selected, resort certificate(s) must be picked up by the guest within 24 hours of arrival at the Concierge Desk in the lobby of the resort. Retail value of Resort Certificate is face value and is redeemable for activities, dining, shopping, and/or spa services. Applicable sales taxes and gratuities not included. Certificate not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Retail value of $185 towards an Avis® rental car is face value and there are no substitutions. Operating expenses including gas, insurance, taxes, upgrades, damages and additional charges are the responsibility of the guest. Car rental company subject to change. Must present valid driver's license and meet standard Avis rental requirements.

Room Reservations - Room reservations must be made at least 60 days in advance and are on a space-available basis. Availability is limited. Holiday and special event periods are excluded. Do not purchase airfare until your arrival dates are confirmed. Accommodations are for a maximum of two adults and up to two children under the age of 18 at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali. Accommodations are for a no view standard hotel room at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali. Stay must be consecutive nights. After scheduling room reservations, a confirmed written reservation will be sent and must be presented at check-in. Once reservations are made, any change or revisions are subject to a $100 non-refundable fee. Purchase price must be paid using a major credit card. A credit card is also required at check-in. Reschedule requests within 45 days of arrival will forfeit package and package price. You may also incur other incidental fees that are not included in your package cost, such as telephone charges, roll-away bed fees, transportation, meals, tickets, taxes, tips, housekeeping and other charges of a personal nature if you request these services. Retail value is based on high-season rates.

Starwood Vacation Services, Inc., is registered with the state of Florida as a Seller of Travel. Registration #ST35697
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by AEmgee
This a great deal! We just stayed on this deal in January and added two nights to make it a full week. We actually received the offer in the mail last summer. I do not recall paying a resort fee and self park was included. If you book on SPG it goes for upwards of $350/ night for a studio. I was upgraded to a one bedroom as I am platinum. They really try to pressure you to take the timeshare presentation when you pick up the $75 certificate at the "Concierge". I just politely declined and got the certificate.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by G37driver
This a great deal! We just stayed on this deal in January and added two nights to make it a full week. We actually received the offer in the mail last summer. I do not recall paying a resort fee and self park was included. If you book on SPG it goes for upwards of $350/ night for a studio. I was upgraded to a one bedroom as I am platinum. They really try to pressure you to take the timeshare presentation when you pick up the $75 certificate at the "Concierge". I just politely declined and got the certificate.
Parking definitely is not free currently - now $10 for self-park and $12 for valet according to the hotel's website. The resort fee is confusing as I cannot find it referenced anywhere else except the offer's terms and conditions. The review from November 2013 stated that timeshare presentation was not optional. Hoping for a more recent experience for clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.