Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Ka'anapali Ocean resort villas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Here is the URL to the floor plan of the Studio Villa. You can then navigate to see the floor plans for the others.

https://www.starwoodvacationnetwork....-north/villas/
Old Jan 5, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Would someone please be so kind as to PM me a referral? We will be heading to Maui later this year and would be interested in a visit to the property. All best!

<update - referral offer received - thank you!>

Last edited by jrothenb; Jan 5, 2014 at 9:34 pm Reason: ...
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:41 pm

Smile Westin maui 2014

Hello, does anybody have any knowledge of a 2014 offer for the 6 days for $798 ? I just received one for Palm Springs but looking for Maui for April 2014. I see some people here ask for a referral.....what does this do? Thanks!

Edit: I see what the referral does now after some research. If someone is able to refer me that would be fantastic! Thank you

Last edited by Eloisesmom; Jan 8, 2014 at 8:56 pm
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by Eloisesmom
Hello, does anybody have any knowledge of a 2014 offer for the 6 days for $798 ? I just received one for Palm Springs but looking for Maui for April 2014. I see some people here ask for a referral.....what does this do? Thanks!

Edit: I see what the referral does now after some research. If someone is able to refer me that would be fantastic! Thank you
AFAIK it gets you an offer similar to the one you have. You could try and call the number that came with your offer and ask if you can substitute Maui. All you have to lose is your time and TBH all SVO is looking for is a chance to sell you something.

We are SV Owners in Maui and received a similar offer for Palm Springs. We asked to change it to Cancun and they did so without hesitation.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:51 pm

looking for a referral for maui

thanks in advance!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:43 am

Referral, please!

If anyone is willing to provide a referral, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly in advance!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 6:47 pm

Seeking referral for Westin Kaanapali Villas

Regards!
Old Jan 26, 2014, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Maureenie
If anyone is willing to provide a referral, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you kindly in advance!
Originally Posted by mupaso
Regards!
PM coming your way.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Maureenie
Originally Posted by mupaso
Regards!
Originally Posted by controller1
PM coming your way.
I'm curious if there is a specific benefit to the referring party with these offers. I'm not an owner myself, but I have a family member who is. She doesn't pay attention to this world, so if there is some benefit to her for providing referrals I could probably fill her in.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by CFFrost
I'm curious if there is a specific benefit to the referring party with these offers. I'm not an owner myself, but I have a family member who is. She doesn't pay attention to this world, so if there is some benefit to her for providing referrals I could probably fill her in.
You get a kickback (StarPoints or Resort Credits) if the referred party buys a Vacation Ownership Interval during their stay.

The amount you get is based on the referring party's ownership level, ranging from 20,000 StarPoints (or 400 Resort Credits = $400) for a "basic owner" to as much as 40,000 StarPoints (and I would assume 800 Resort Credits = $800) for a "Five-Star Elite owner".
Old Jan 26, 2014, 10:42 pm

I would be interested in seeking a referral for a visit offer. Thank you.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by YYJMSP
You get a kickback (StarPoints or Resort Credits) if the referred party buys a Vacation Ownership Interval during their stay.

The amount you get is based on the referring party's ownership level, ranging from 20,000 StarPoints (or 400 Resort Credits = $400) for a "basic owner" to as much as 40,000 StarPoints (and I would assume 800 Resort Credits = $800) for a "Five-Star Elite owner".
The StarPoints do increase with ownership level. The alternative resort credits remain at $400 equivalent.

BTW, with the dozens of referrals I've made over the years, it appears I've referred no buyers! I do it as part of the FT community.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by YYJMSP

The StarPoints do increase with ownership level. The alternative resort credits remain at $400 equivalent.

BTW, with the dozens of referrals I've made over the years, it appears I've referred no buyers! I do it as part of the FT community.
Thanks for the insight.

I would not expect a high conversion rate, particularly with this crowd which has a slant toward deal seekers. As you say, the real motivation is to just provide a good experience for others similarly situated.

Plus, I feel that as an owner one of your "perks" is the ability to refer others for a discounted stay. Might as well take advantage!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: spg platinum: aa platinum

Same here - I've referred close to 200 people who have requested this on FT, and not a single referral bonus. I do it because I would appreciate someone doing the same for me.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I would also appreciate a referral. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.