Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Buenos Aires Convention Center, Argentina [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Buenos Aires Convention Center, Argentina [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2004, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Arrow Sheraton Buenos Aires Convention Center, Argentina [Master Thread]

I have recently stayed at the Sheraton Buenos Aires, at the Convention Center. It is a nice hotel, although I think the rooms could stand a lttle renovation. As a Platinum, all they provide in terms of upgrade is a room in the Executive Floor, which is identical to a room in a non-executive floor, except for the bathrobe (in some of the rooms, as my travel buddy did not get one) and the slippers (in some of the rooms, as he did get them, but I did not). There is a new part to the building, connected to the Sheraton, but at the door it has the "Luxury Collection" symbol. Is that a separate hotel or a better section of the Sheraton hotel? Can they upgrade platinums to a room on that section of the building? I noticed at the end of the corridor in my floor that there is a door connecting to the rooms on the newer section.

Also, I hope my 500 bonus points post, since the front desk employee never asked me about it (even though I showed my Platinum card), and I was too tired after an overnight flight to ask about it.

For my next trip to Buenos Aires, does anyone recommend any of the other Starwood properties (there is another Sheraton downtown and another in Pilar, about 25 miles out of the city)?
Old Apr 30, 2004, 8:43 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
The 'other' building connected to the Sheraton is a separate hotel The Park Tower (part of the Luxury Collection), with its own check in. Guests at both can use the Sheratons pool etc, but I don't believe they can 'share' rooms. As a Platinum at the Park Tower earlier this year I was given a beautiful suite and was allowed access to the Executive lounge in the Sheraton. It is a bit strange as there are doors connecting all the floors between the Park Tower and the Sheraton.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
The Park Tower is a truly great hotel that treats Platinums very well. I too was upgraded to a suite, given the 500 points amenity and had a fruit/nut/chocolate tray that was replenished daily (there was also a bottle of champagne included, but I didn't open it).
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

I see... The Park Tower knows how to treat Platinum members, but the Sheraton does not... I have tried the Sheraton twice, I guess I can cross it off my list.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by loquillo
I see... The Park Tower knows how to treat Platinum members, but the Sheraton does not... I have tried the Sheraton twice, I guess I can cross it off my list.
And at the Sheraton they charge you for the health club and swimming pool (Neptune Club) and there is no exemption of said charge for Platinums; on top of that, it's a per person fee.
Old Apr 30, 2004, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation

GUWonder,

they are not supposed to and they did not charge me for using the health club as a Platinum. If they charged you, I would politely request a refund.
Old May 1, 2004, 3:02 pm

Programs: CM Presidential, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I can only suggest you use the SEARCH facility in this forum. There has been a lot of discussion on the different BA *wood properties in the past and I am sure you will find the information you are looking for there.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:47 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; PC RA Plat; UA 1P
Perhaps we can change this to a Master Thread for the Sheraton Buenos Aires and Convention Center.

Is the gym an additional fee or is that part of the health club? If I have a club room, will that automatically include health club/gym entry?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Last year I stayed at the Sheraton for 10 day with my family (total of 6 of us). We used points for rooms on the Executive floor. We had access to the club lounge and never had to pay for the pool/health club, which we used daily.

I agree you should ask for a refund of the monies you paid for the health club/pool access.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
I am considering staying here in early March. Any suggestions on whether this hotel is nice and has been treating PLAT members well in the past year or two?

Also, which Sheraton is in a better location for tourists who enjoy nightlife? Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 1:42 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I stayed at the hotel last month, and I got 1 BR suite on the executive floor.
They treat the platinum member well according to the another thread.

For night life, maybe another sheraton(Livertador) could be a better location, but this sheraton is also not bad at all.
It took only 5 minutes walk to the bar/restaurant/night life area.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tak
I stayed at the hotel last month, and I got 1 BR suite on the executive floor.
They treat the platinum member well according to the another thread.

For night life, maybe another sheraton(Livertador) could be a better location, but this sheraton is also not bad at all.
It took only 5 minutes walk to the bar/restaurant/night life area.

... and it takes an amazing five to seven minutes to walk from this Sheraton to the Sheraton Libertador (the name has nothing to do with "Liver" but with "liberator"). I am always amazed that some people obviously never explore a city by walking....
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, PC PLAT
I am a big fan of walking, so I will definitely walk from one Sheraton to the other!

Which Sheraton do you think is a better choice for a PLAT? I think both treat their PLATs well and both are in good locations. How to choose???
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by carberrie
I am a big fan of walking, so I will definitely walk from one Sheraton to the other!

Which Sheraton do you think is a better choice for a PLAT? I think both treat their PLATs well and both are in good locations. How to choose???
Thanks for asking for my opinion. Seriously? I would make up my mind based in rate and availability. Both hotels are so close to each other and they both offer more or less the same.

I spent a week in BA on a conference in the conference centre and did a bit of hotel hopping between the Towers and the Sheraton which gave me a daily 5oo points, a dailiy bottle of wine and a stay credit every day for checking in and out in/out two hotels in the same building.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is the club lounge at the Sheraton BA Convention Center open on weekends? How close is it to public transportation options to/from the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.