Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2007, 9:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
There have been differing reports in this thread about whether the parking lot across the street has in/out privileges. Can anyone confirm one way or another?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio
Response to your post RE: parking lot at The Westin Riverwalk San Antonio

Dear Mr. Goodman,

I do apologize for the confusion. The parking garage across the hotel (also called Market Street Garage) at one time did offer our hotel guests in-out privileges yet at this time, they do not. Nor does the uncovered parking lot/surface lot across the hotel - both are operated by Central Parking System.

The hotel's valet services however DO indeed offer in-out privileges.

I hope this helps and if there is any other question I may answer for you, feel free to email me directly. Thank you for being a member of SPG.

Sincerely,

Edna

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
There have been differing reports in this thread about whether the parking lot across the street has in/out privileges. Can anyone confirm one way or another?
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: spg platinum: aa platinum
Exelllent choice. The Westin La Cantera may be one of my favorite Westins in the conus. Great staff, fantastic lounge, relaxing, beautiful, and just a shuttle ride to some great shopping (shoppes at la cantera). The health club has walking maps that give you several different levels of walk or jog ideas.

Originally Posted by OilersFL
Hartd, thanks the taxi amount I can expect. I’m heading to SAT but the Westin’s booked the night I want to stay on the Riverwalk so am settling for the Omni. But now that you’ve mentioned how much there is to do within walking distance, I’m considering changing my flight to arrive earlier than 4pm. I’m coming in from DAL. The next day (Sunday) we're renting a car from the Marriott and heading to the Westin La Cantera.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:55 am

Unhappy ignored emails

I have booked two rooms for spring break and wanted to ask some qustions, so I wrote an email to [email protected] clearly indicating I'm expecting a response.

That was Friday, and I'm still waiting for their reply. Is this normal? Is there any other email address to this hotel, if anyone knows?

I have difficulty in verbal conversation, that's why I'm using emails.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:32 pm

Possibility of Upgrade

hi!
Visiting San Antonio for the first time as I have heard it to be the Venice of US. After looking at other SPG properties online, I decided on Westin, as it was close to the River .

I am not a regular traveller, but have stayed on SPG properties in Minneapolis and Miami in the past 10 months.

On reservation (as a gold member) I was told the room will not have River views and the ones are Delux and more expensive. Typically, is there any chances of free upgrade on request or for some extra points or cash?

Any experiences or tips will be helpful regarding nearby ethnic restaurents, parkinng , things to do nearby via walking etc..

Thanks in advance
Raghu
Old Mar 16, 2008, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
for convention goers

although its possible to walk to the conv ctr, its not very convenient

i was at the CC this past week and the walk to Westin (was not staying there) was more than I wanted.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 8:48 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Ah, my very first SPG stay... I found a special for 1,000 points per night bonus and figured I would give it a try. For a 21 night stay (the group I was with was very much against switching hotels). Upgraded to a normal room with a nice riverwalk view. Not a bad place to spend about a month.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, United Platinum, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
I sort of chuckled at the idea of SA as the "Venice of the US," but I won't digress down that path.

When I stayed at this property as a Gold a couple of years ago, I did note as a request in my reservation that I wanted a river view, and they were able to honor it. Also, they send emails prior to your arrival that occasionally offer upgrades for a nominal fee (~$30/night maybe?). As a Plat they have been good about upgrades to a Junior Suite.

They have been very accomodating in my handful of stays, but as the wisdom on this board goes, YMMV.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 2:38 pm

Location: airports: SFO (lots) OAK (when possible); live: Concord, CA
Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JS0720
I sort of chuckled at the idea of SA as the "Venice of the US," but I won't digress down that path.

When I stayed at this property as a Gold a couple of years ago, I did note as a request in my reservation that I wanted a river view, and they were able to honor it. Also, they send emails prior to your arrival that occasionally offer upgrades for a nominal fee (~$30/night maybe?). As a Plat they have been good about upgrades to a Junior Suite.

They have been very accomodating in my handful of stays, but as the wisdom on this board goes, YMMV.
Yeah, I have had the opposite experience here. While this is a quite nice hotel in terms of quality of rooms, linens, decor, etc., I have never been able to get any Platinum recognition, upgrades, etc., out of them. Have stayed twice as a Gold then twice as a Platinum. The two Platinum stays were my first anywhere as a Plat and was very excited/curious as to what Plat life would be like. Saw absolutely no evidence of it here -- a very disappointing introduction to the Plat life.

SEA2BA
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Westin Riverwalk - SATX

Wanted to share recent one night stay at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. Curiously, it was not listed under Texas hotels on the main sticky!

Reserved on SPG.com. Requested an upgrade and was given Riverwalk view from Standard room (I am Gold). ^

Free street parking is directly behind the hotel (three streets to choose from) with around 50 spots to choose from)

Check-in was busy but prompt. Chocolates to taste, an acoustic band playing, coffee, hot chocolate and juice were available (I think 12 oz glasses). The juice was fresh squeezed honeydew and cantaloupe!! Delicious!

Room was nice with a great view of the riverwalk. Showerhead was loose but no problems. Maid came in at 8, then 9am...not sure why, but I ushered her out with a NO THANK YOU both times!

Got the bill in the morning and it had the wrong price. Went down and they corrected it. When I reviewed the paperwork...they actually added more money! Went down again and they corrected it again.

Other than some small errors we would be back. Waiting for the downtown ALOFT on Houston street to open!

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Jun 7, 2009 at 3:54 pm Reason: Merged without edit into newly created master thread
Old Jul 5, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt D, HH Gold
Riverwalk - 4th of July

Just used a couple of free weekend nights on the fourth of July. I know I could use them elsewhere but I have plenty to burn.

The hotel's location was perfect and put us in easy walking distance of the Alamo and restaurants/bars on the Riverwalk. The hotel was very busy, running 98% capacity. Given the high occupancy, check-in was a little slow, but the front desk was very professional and working hard to clear the line. Parking in the garage across the street is convenient but $15/day with no in/out is unfortunate.

I was given a king room on the riverwalk side which was a slight bump from the standard free weekend room. The view was nice and the room was very clean and I always like nice flat screen TVs. The downstairs restaurant, Zocca is much improved and the namesake cocktail is great. The gym, though a bit cramped, is good for a hotel gym. 4 treadmills, elliptical and number of muscle group specific machines along with light-medium dumbells.

The only complaint is that the pool is a bit smaller than expected. It only has 20 lounge chairs and fills up quickly. The water was luke warm to bath water at best and wasn't as refreshing as desired in 102 degree weather.

Found a great wine bar that also serves cocktails and food, Zinc, which I highly recommend. The Mojitos and pizza were fantastic. It is a sibling to Boudros.

I would definitely stay again, but if I just want a large pool to relax at I might find somewhere else.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:50 am

Programs: CO-PLT,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, AA ex Platinum, Avis 1st
Usually stay here twice a month and have about 90% success getting a upgrade to a junior suite. Only complaint is the rooms are in bad need of a carpet replacement
Old Sep 21, 2009, 9:23 pm

I am Platinum SPG and I've stayed her twice in the last couple of weeks.

In spite of junior suites showing available on the website, I only received an upgrade to a regular room with a river view.

The first time I got a pre-welcome email from a contact at the hotel and it was not automated but from a real, live individual.
The last time nothing.

When I arrived at the hotel at 3pm, they didn't have rooms ready nor was their any kind of organized Platinum pre-registration done.

There were not any water bottles in the room (not sure if this is still an amenity) but on the last stay I had to ask them for the 500 point amenity.

The staff are very nice but just seem either overworked or just kind of out of it.

I think for $289/night housekeeping can make sure their is a proper internet cord in the room, offer bathrobes, not leave a large bottle of cleanser on the bathroom sink and make sure there are do-not-disturb signs in the room.

Numerous room service trays were ignored for hours on my hallway. At one point, the hallway smelled like old chicken tacos.

Breakfast is another area where they should be more on the ball. Each and everytime we had to ask for spoons for oatmeal, milk for oatmeal, jelly for toast, refills on drinks etc.. Again, very nice but just kind of clueless. Once you asked they got you whatever you needed.

It is no wonder that there is no one eating breakfast in the restaurant.

I have no idea about lunch or dinner.

Also, I would have thought at $289/night and Platinum status that turndown service should have at least been offered on request.

San Antonio has too many other high quality hotels for them to be this lax. I may try the Watermark, Contessa or Riverwalk Vista in spite of my Platinum status.

The Cantera, which seems to get good reports, is not an option as I need to be downtown.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Wow, this property sounds like it is slipping if the prior post is reflective of standard service.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 3:21 am

Here again.

This time did get the upgrade but room service forget to take the order card off the door knob so no breakfast at the appointed time.

Another pretty big error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.