SPG Platinum 500 Welcome Gift Changes?

Subscribe
Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum I知 getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know it痴 a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

The 5000 points are most welcome of course...

Cheers

S
Quote: Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum I知 getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

This is wrong correct? I thought the sweet spot was go for breakfast on a long stay as the welcome gift is per stay and not per night which I know it痴 a bit strange as you get breakfast every day so wondered was there a change?

Cheers

S
Must be a new SPG Insider...
Quote: Currently staying at a high end property where I was told by the SPG Insider who deals with the programme as a platinum I知 getting 500 starpoints per night on a ten day stay. They confirmed 5000 starpoints for the entire stay.

Cheers

S
The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?
Quote: The only way this could be possible is if you signed up for MAGC which would mean 500 Plat Welcome Points + 4500 MAGC points. The associate may be confusing the two?
Although most/all properties clean the room every three days, even on longer stays, so the Make a Green Choice point total would generally be lower... quite strange.

OP: what region/country is this property in?
Could be a special corporate rate promo...I've seen something similar

Cheers

S
More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?
Quote: More information is needed. Ive stayed at properties that have held "guest" promotions at check in. One property I checked in, I won, 2500 star points. Could this be a property specific promotion?
Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. I値l see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.
Quote: Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. I値l see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.
Are you on a corporate rate?
Quote: Its not a promo. They specifically said 500 Platinum Points and they were posting 5000 as I was going to be on property for ten nights. I値l see if the points post next week and refer but I think they are just mistaken.
What property? That may add some insight.
Let's let this guy get his 5k points then start getting specific as it would be a shame for him to miss out because of some adjustment brought to light before he left.
my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....
Quote: Are you on a corporate rate?
No not at all.
Quote: my guess is that they are mistaken....i would be happy to be proven wrong though....500 points per night is definitely welcome....
Thats exactly what I think but I値l know once I leave and check what actual points posted.