Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

was told to switch the room since somebody want to stay in my room

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

on tripadvisor : "sbishop2017 Sean Bishop Assistant General Manager"

still owned by Latitude Management Real Estate Investors, Inc. (LMREI) ?

it was a franchise (not managed by starwood) presumably still is

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 11, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:24 pm

This may be hard but grow some balls.

You're not in school anymore. You don't have to do as you are told. Say no. For God's sake you are the customer here. I can't imagine what would happen to you if you were pulled over for speeding and the officer asked you to open the trunk of your rental car, only to find the cocaine from the previous renter.

But since that's over, ask for double the SPG points for what it would cost for that stay as compensation.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: none
Obviously, something fact is missing here. If you're not being downgraded, what's the problem? You say you have to pack? Moving to a room all the way down the hall? C'mon, don't be so tight.

If the sense of satisfaction that comes from doing a good deed for your fellow man doesn't warm your heart sufficiently, maybe a dinner, or free drinks, or some extra points thrown your way will help.

If I were asked to make such a huge sacrifice on my part, I would take the compensation and run, and not stop to complain about it on FT.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Part of it is being told he must move rather than being asked nicely if he'd mind moving to help out, perhaps with an offer of a free dinner, etc., for the trouble.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Allan38103
Obviously, something fact is missing here. If you're not being downgraded, what's the problem? You say you have to pack? Moving to a room all the way down the hall? C'mon, don't be so tight.

If the sense of satisfaction that comes from doing a good deed for your fellow man doesn't warm your heart sufficiently, maybe a dinner, or free drinks, or some extra points thrown your way will help.

If I were asked to make such a huge sacrifice on my part, I would take the compensation and run, and not stop to complain about it on FT.
Is this really necessary?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
OP: Just one question for clarity -- did you extend your stay?
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe the FBI is conducting surveillance on the room next door? It is like being moved on the plane because of Federal Air Marshals

I would ask:
  1. What is so special about that room that someone must have it?
  2. Doesn't being in that room trump someone booking that room?
  3. How does one book specific rooms with them?
forumpersona999 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Ambassdor, Marriort Plat, IHG Spire, Hhonor Diamond, BW Diamond Select, LQ Elite, Hotels Gold
deleted

Last edited by troytos; Aug 14, 2017 at 9:40 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
And the other shoe drops.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by troytos
No. same type of room. That why I don't understand why ME not those new guests.
If they were going to move you for someone else, they should have gone heaven and earth to make sure you came away with a positive experience rather than just moving you to a similar room.

At least upgrade the SPG guest and maybe throw in a dinner as a "we are very sorry but please enjoy the upgrade and meal on us."

That would be a MINIMUM for me.

Last edited by wolf72; Aug 12, 2017 at 2:10 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 9:49 pm

It seems like the FD messed up the room reservation when you extended your stay and they allowed you to stay in the same room. Now FD is trying to talk you into moving, say no and get the manager involved.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What if FD said OP had to move when OP tried to extend initially? Would OP have moved to a different hotel? If this is really a mistake, I would not make a huge deal - maybe just some points for the trouble
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:57 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by expert7700
I wonder if this has ever happened to me before.

The first thing I do upon entering a hotel room is unplug the phone. Nobody knows where we are staying, and anyone worth talking to has our cell #s . I'm sure this has frustrated alot of timeshare sales folks.
I've never done this. And I've never been called. Not by Timeshare sales folks (does that really happen in a hotel?) nor by anyone else.

Originally Posted by troytos
Yes I did extended my stay BUT when she checked me out and checked me back in. She said its ok that she can keep me in the same room and I stay in the same room for a night and somebody called the next day in the morning that I have to move to the same type of room on the different floor. I wonder if Its same type of room. WHY ME? SPG rep called into the property and talk to them and she told me she will file a complaint for me.
This is information you should have mentioned in your original post. The clerk messed up. You should still get some sort of compensation but this is not the same story anymore.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Allan38103

its inconvenient & completely uncalled for on behalf of the property to move the op after they have already been assigned that room....i would definitely not have moved....
Old Aug 12, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by username
What if FD said OP had to move when OP tried to extend initially? Would OP have moved to a different hotel? If this is really a mistake, I would not make a huge deal - maybe just some points for the trouble
That would be totally different and that's exactly the point. The hotel messed up and extended the stay in the same room.

I'm still at a loss to understand why this room is required. OP says there is nothing special about this room and he was offered a similar style room on another floor. Did he now see both rooms? If so, were they truly similar?

While my initial thoughts are not to move, if the GM or manager called me personally with some sort of reasonable explanation, I may have done it. But something still doesn't add up - even though we now know the OP did an extension. Why was this particular room needed? If it was for a good reason (as some others wrote above), I may have been helpful. But without this info the request seems ludicrous.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.