Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

W Bellevue, Washington [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

W Bellevue, Washington [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2017, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVPG75k, Hilton Diamond,
Arrow W Bellevue, Washington [Master Thread]

I didn't see a master thread in the forum but I must say this is the best W experience I've had in a while. I live locally but some plumbing issues have put me out of my house for an extended period of time. The first two nights they upgraded is to a nicer standard room but I didn't want to push for a full suite upgrade. This morning I booked another 3 nights and asked if they had any actual suites available and they were more than accommodating in terms of rooms. Put me in a decent suite with separate living room. Throughout my stay the staff has been super cool and offered multiple tours, including the wow suites. They need to send all the staff from other W hotels to Bellevue as an example on how to gain and keep customers.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AMEX Business Centurion
Would you call their level of service "White Glove" quality?

BYAH!!!!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:11 am
FOH

Programs: DL GM, UA nobody, Marriott Gold
What are the suites like? The web site only seems to have two photos.

And how weird is it to have the shower in the middle of the room?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVPG75k, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by tangfish
Would you call their level of service "White Glove" quality?

BYAH!!!!
Better service than your teacher in Shanghai.

B.Y.A.H...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:00 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Thinking about staying here instead of Seattle for a trip tomorrow. How does the Bellevue area compare?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Patience, people! I stayed here this weekend, but need another day or so for a trip report with photos (no suite upgrade, sorry).

I did amend the breakfast wiki to indicate that the Platinum breakfast benefit is for two people, with no ceiling/maximum (restaurant or room service both ok).

What do you want to know about Bellevue vs. Downtown specifically, Helvetic?

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Sep 3, 2017 at 7:46 pm
Old Sep 3, 2017, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Is the area around the hotel interesting enough on its own that I won't be trying to Uber to downtown to do anything? It's been a while since I've spent any real time in Seattle. I usually just like to eat good food, enjoy the nightlife (bars, etc), and stay in a lively area. No specific plans. Not interested in touristy stuff.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Very lively - Bellevue is kind of like a mini-L.A. in atmosphere.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:19 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
There's plenty of great food on the eastside (Bellevue, etc.), especially Asian food. Din Tai Fung is in Lincoln Square (the mall attached to W/Westin). Seattle probably has more of the very high end or "indie" stuff, though. There are bars, too, but not much in the way of live music or shows.

(I'm currently at the Westin, even though I nominally live in Redmond, because I actually just live in hotels this year.)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Top Notch Service!

W Bellevue

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

W Bellevue

10455 NE 5th Place Bellevue, WA US 98004

Top Notch Service! (7 Photos)

W Bellevue

Check In

I got a bit lost trying to find the main entrance as it's within a larger complex, but luckily I ran across an employee returning to the property, who guided me to the reception desk.  Had to wait for a free clerk, however that wasn't much of an issue as arriving guests are handed a glass of champagne by a host! No suite offered, though I was given a room on the top floor which the clerk said was an upgrade from the mid-level room I'd booked. Platinum amenity discussion yielded the information that the breakfast benefit is (theoretically) unlimited for two people, either at the restaurant or via room service.

Room

(Apologies for the photo order)

The infamous shower is, indeed, a feature to behold! One reviewer made a refernce to feeling like a defendant in an Italian mob trial, which isn't too far off. Exhibitionists ought to love that there are two reflections of the goings-on within the cube: mirror over the sink and mirror opposite the foot of the shower. I was solo, so if you aren't . . . you'll have to work out something. I never really got over the shower being there as a feature, sort of looming over the stay more than an issue with the actual usage. WC had a light sensor, so no need to fumble for a switch.

Moving on . . . working the shades and blinds was a bit of an issue with six sets of cords, but by the second day I had worked out a system of carefully grasping the one I wanted, before trying to raise or lower it. The bed was fine, although I took note of one fellow who seriously banged his shin on the protruding frame; I only had a minor brush, but being solo was able to always get out on the shower side. 

Plenty of electrical sockets, and the bedside lamp was enough light to read by. The marshmallow-like table under the widow-side nightstand rolls out for food/drinks which sitting on the couch. Didn't partake of any minibar items, but wanted to get a picture of the items of greatest necessity - ha ha! Nespresso supplies are apparently per stay not per night. Making tea involved steeping it in the larger bathroom glass using two Nespresso portions of water, awkward but it worked. 

Not much drawer space, as the larger top drawer in the photo contains the room safe. The orange cubby above it is shallower than it looks for storing much of anything. AC was a bit noisy, for those who hate that, but I didn't mind as it did its job well on a warm day. Room was very quiet otherwise, both street and corridor noise minimal. 

Two evening "turn down" visits: one featuring pillow chocolates, and the other offering two more water bottles (a complimentary one in the room on arrival). 

W2.jpgW6.jpgW7.jpgW5.jpgW4.jpgW3.jpgW1.jpg

Dining

Went to the (cocktail) Lounge first night for a drink and a small plate. To be honest, the vibe was a bit "scene" for me; luckily, I didn't overhear the argument across the room over which TV channel should be playing. The drink I ordered wasn't what I expected, and I didn't care for it, but as it wasn't a very large glass, I drank it; barternders seemed to know what they were doing and were efficient enough. Plate of carrots with yogurt was outstanding, using whole baby carrots of different colors, not just wholesaler-jobbed produce! Berry parfait (they call it something else) with a square of walnut brittle was great also.

Dinner at the Lakehouse Restaurant itself was fine: g & t with northwestern fir pine liqueuer added, ashamed to admit that I cannot recall the exact food item, but it was very good; folks next to me at the bar ordered several plates, and I was tempted to order the corn soup as well based on its appearance.

Breakfast at the Lakehouse was quite the experience. First morning I chose the avocado toast with eggs, salmon and spinach (I had heard of "avocado toast" but never actually tried any), which the small dish of red pepper paste (think Balkan ajvar) bumped the dish up to excellent. Second day I chose their variation on eggs, sausage and potatoes, which was okay, but not as satisfying as the former dish. Coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice as well, though the first morning the coffee was warm/tepid rather than hot. Server offered to make me a latte when I mentioned it, but no offer of hotter coffee? I passed.

Overall

I did not utilize fitness facilities, nor parking. Internet was very slow. Expensive rates for a leisure cash stay, so recommended more for either business or award points.

Top Notch Service!

Would you like to write a review on the W Bellevue?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:01 pm

I'm at the W Bellevue currently. Must say I'm not impressed. The hotel is definitely stylish and the Living Room bar is fun, for sure. But there are huge service issues that kind of bring the experience down.

Notable was the lack of upgrade, at 10pm check-in, on a very low occupancy night, with every suite category available (except the Extreme Wow). They placed me (Plat100) in a "Spectacular" room, which is a two category upgrade. At check-in, they wanted to charge me $150 (a special discounted rate from $300) for the Marvelous Suite upgrade. Ridiculous, considering they were selling those rooms for merely $100 more than the base-level rooms.

Breakfast is a voucher for anything at the restaurant or room service. We ordered a few things from room service; which quickly racked up a $150 bill. Kind of ridiculous for yogurt and toast for two people—but at least that's taken care of by Platinum status.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm really surprised that a Plat 100 didn't get a suite. My breakfast each day was a main dish, coffee and orange juice, which I estimated at about $30 to $35, so your total seems awfully high for a few basic items, even room service.

My stay posted this morning and, as I suspected, I will need to send in the folio for reconsideration as my dinner at the Lakehouse restaurant seems to have posted under miscellaneous rather than actual food and beverage.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:55 pm

The worst part is the check-in agent told me they'd placed us in a "Spectacular Suite," so we walked in expecting to see a suite. The hotel doesn't have a Spectacular Suite category.

I just received the folio and it seems like they charged me for the breakfast… will have to send it in to get that adjusted.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought the check-in clerk refused you any sort of suite unless you paid extra? Let us know how breakfast turns out. I hadn't wanted to mention this, as the server later was very apologetic and seemed embarrassed by the incident. However, the second day at the restaurant, he started to tell me that I could have orange juice or coffee included, but not both. He backed off immediately when I explained to him that the previous day that had not been any issue at all. He then went over to the manager, returning to say that since my benefit was technically for two people, I could have both beverages.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I thought the check-in clerk refused you any sort of suite unless you paid extra? Let us know how breakfast turns out. I hadn't wanted to mention this, as the server later was very apologetic and seemed embarrassed by the incident. However, the second day at the restaurant, he started to tell me that I could have orange juice or coffee included, but not both. He backed off immediately when I explained to him that the previous day that had not been any issue at all. He then went over to the manager, returning to say that since my benefit was technically for two people, I could have both beverages.
At check-in they gave us a "upgraded high floor room," at which point I asked if we could have the Wow suite (since the hotel was at very low occupancy it wouldn't cost them anything). She said no, because it had to be approved by management. I asked about the Marvelous, to which she said "sure, for $150, which is a special discount for you vs. the normal $300 upgrade charge." After declining that, we asked which suite they could give us complimentary (knowing that the base level suite which we were supposed to be guaranteed an upgrade to was the Fantastic Suite). She offered us a "Spectacular Suite." I hadn't heard of that suite type, but figured it must be an upgrade over the base level and went with it. When I got into the room, I realized it was a 2-level room upgrade from the base Cozy, and not a suite at all.

I don't expect to be given a specialty suite; though it'd be nice for a Plat100 on a low occupancy night and on a one-night stay… but I do expect to at the very least be given the base-level suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.