Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hospes Amerigo, Alicante, Spain, A Design Hotel

Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Hunter

A few quick comments about this hotel, as I haven't seen it mentioned.

I had a 2-night stay at this hotel in June on points. The SPG rate was 10K points a night. The cash rate for the nights in question meant I was getting around 2.7p per point.

The booking email told me that I'd get water in the room and free wifi, but that other SPG benefits were not not applicable. I'm SPG gold, and so I wasn't expecting too much anyway. A week before my arrival I got an email inviting me to download their app. The app was mostly just an informational type thing, listing things to do, and various features of the hotel.

I have to say our experience of the hotel was really good. It rates itself as 5 star. Dunno if I would go that far, but it is definitely a quality experience. You get presented with a glass of Cava whilst waiting to check-in. We were advised that they'd upgraded us, and this was the case. Points booking is a standard dreamer room, but they've given me a superior room with balconies over-looking the street. We were accompanied to the room, with the various features explained. There were two individual wrapped chocolates. They also gave us 2 coupons for a complimentary welcome cocktail in their bar. Housekeeping delivered two more chocolates the following day.

The building was a friary in a previous life. The furnishings in the common area are all good quality. It's 4 floors high, and on the top floor there is an outdoor pool and a SPA area. The pool area is converted to a BBQ around 9pm at night.

Our room was a great size, with an oversized shower with rainfall showerhead, plus a separate bath. A Slight downer was that the A/C struggled to keep the temp down, even after maintenance had a look at it. The lowest temp I saw on it was 20c, which was just ok.

Wifi speed was really good, I hit 50M down and 30M up in the room.

Location is perfect, right in the middle of the old town. It was my first time in Alicante, so I knew nothing of the area. Asking a few locals gave me the impression that most thought that this was the best hotel in the city.

The hotel Tapas bar is across a small courtyard/alleyway within the building grounds. We ate in there one of the nights, and the food was a decent standard, and both it and the wine was very reasoanbly priced.

Staff were all very pleasant, helpful, and spoke perfect English.

Overall, this hotel proved to be a great choice, and good use of points. I'd recommend it.

Last edited by tangey; Jun 29, 2017 at 4:21 am
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:18 pm

Hmmm

So I was told the same thing - a wonderful upgrade. To a tiny room overlooking the tapas bar / resto which was noisy +++ and on the first floor and no natural light. Lousy AC as well. A great pity as the hotel itself seems quite nice otherwise.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.