Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Cancellation Policy Change reported at Marriott also applies to Starwood

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation Policy Change reported at Marriott also applies to Starwood

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by christianj
I'm extremely confused now! Just tried to book a hotel I need in Frankfurt and it is showing a 30 day cancellation policy for both revenue and award reservation for the day I wanted.
Is there a city-wide event going on? Sometimes properties will put in longer cancel times when there's a large convention in town & it's considered a citywide event. That's just a guess. Did you try the Marriott properties to see if they have the same 30-day policy?

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:10 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
All this talk about cancellation policies reminds me when I was in college and worked the front desk of two Holiday Inns. During the '70s one could make a reservation without a credit card as long as arrival was going to be prior to 6:00 p.m. A credit card was only needed to guarantee a reservation for arrival after 6:00 p.m.

We would technically be full and not accepting any additional reservations but at times would have a few walk-ins waiting for 6:00 p.m. to arrive at which time we would automatically cancel all the non-guaranteed reservations thereby freeing up rooms.
it's still like that with accorhotels flexible reservations
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Saw in an article: "The Bethesda (NASDAQ: MAR) company introduced the change June 15; it will apply to all reservations made on or after that date."
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Nope, "Chainwide Rate" has been around for as long as I remember, and normally is used to describe SET rate plans.

Could someone summarise, or at least post a datapoint, what SPG cancellation deadlines have changed, from what to what, for revenue and award stays, for existing or just new bookings ?
Based on a small sample of new bookings, I'm seeing the changed cancellation deadline on AAA and senior rates but not government rates. The changes seem to affect free nights and cash and points bookings as well as the refundable version of the SPG member rates. YMMV.

BTW, this is for a European trip.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, IHG Elite KLM Flying Blue,
Marriott changes cancelingpolicy from 24 to 48hrs/2 days before arr.

Stay away from Marriott.com when not sure about your booking. Marriott changed the cancelingpolicy from 24 to 48 hrs. Bye bye money if you have to cancel 48hrs/2 days before
but just noticed a couple of Starwoodhotels wit flexible rate, csncrlation 24hrs before arr.

Last edited by claes059; Jun 22, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by claes059
Stay away from Marriott.com when not sure about your booking. Marriott changed the cancelingpolicy from 24 to 48 hrs. Bye bye money if you have to cancel 48hrs/2 days before
but just noticed a couple of Starwoodhotels wit flexible rate, csncrlation 24hrs before arr.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:48 am

SPG confirms, no change in cancelationpolicy in Europe. S E Asia etc.

" Marriott International is implementing a cancellation policy at hotels in the Americas including the United States, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America, across all brands with the exception of Design Hotels."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.