Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Adding SPG number to existing prepaid reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to add my SPG number to a prepaid reservation that was completed by my wife? We both will be going to St. Regis Bali for our honeymoon and wanted to use her Citi Prestige card to get the 4th night free. Can I add my name and SPG to the reservation if she will be paying? We would like to use my Plat status and SNA nights.

Thanks
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Well, your first problem is that IIRC the SPG member must pay the bill in order to get credit. So you would have to pay the bill, and perhaps do an intra-family transfer of funds later if necessary. As for changing the name on the rezzie, I think that you'll likely have the most success doing (or trying to do) it on checkin at the property. At least while you're there you can look at your account to see if the name and SPG number was changed properly.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Wouldn't you lose all status benefits by booking through a 3rd party? I think the only exception is on non-prepaid rates.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Agree there are some issues as indicated by the 2 above me.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but seriously - if it's your honeymoon & you want all the bennies of status you may have to give up the 1 night free to get the bennies. That or just 'hope' at check-in they'll give them to you.

Unless you plan on getting divorced, figure out what's most important to you for the honeymoon & plan accordingly.

Cheers.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK you cannot use SNAs on stays booked through a third party prepaid site. Also, the reservation must be in your name as this benefit is nontransferrable (except if you book a second room at the same hotel for the same dates).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.