Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: josephstern
https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/

(revised link above)

These terms are from ONE version of the promo. They have been updated at least once since, in August of 2017.

Terms and Conditions

Eligible member must register between January 30, 2017, and April 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Registration Period”). Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay, 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the sixth (6th) eligible paid stay, and 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the ninth (9th) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 9,000 total bonus Starpoints for nine eligible stays from February 15, 2017, through May 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the Promotion Period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the Promotion Period will earn a bonus.

An eligible stay is a stay with at least one (1) eligible paid night at any of the over 1,300 hotels and resorts in the SPG® program, paying an eligible paid rate during the Promotion Period. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are not eligible toward promotional Starpoints earnings. Hotels and resorts in the SPG program can be found at spg.com/terms under section 1.2. A description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com/terms under section 2.1. Please note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and booking.com) are not eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.

Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following each third eligible stay.

A "Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who: (A) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays. An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.

This promotion is nontransferable and void for Marriott International, Inc., employees. This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Void where prohibited by law.
Print Wikipost

SPG select members exclusive promotions 2017

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP / Marriott AMB & LT Titanium
No love here either
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:12 pm

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
Double elite counts for me...
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: LT Marriott Gold, Velocity Gold, Accor Gold
As usual I got nada. Same last year, think they ran promo at least 4 times and I got zip. At that time I'd been Plat50 3 years running. Last year I decided if the love was not a two way street I'd sleep around and spent a total of 5 nights with SPG, other 90 went elsewhere. As usual on the double points promo I got screwed and got the stay 20 nights crap to get bonus after 3 stays. So I'm about to book my next 30 nights and after thinking maybe I'd boomthose at SPG maybe my interests are best served by staying with some nice independent hotels.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, WOH Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, MSC Dia, Nespresso Club, ZTL Queen in Italy
Zilch, zero, nada

LTP, P100 here
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:10 pm

ddjen11

Originally Posted by Toula
As usual I got nada. Same last year, think they ran promo at least 4 times and I got zip. At that time I'd been Plat50 3 years running. Last year I decided if the love was not a two way street I'd sleep around and spent a total of 5 nights with SPG, other 90 went elsewhere. As usual on the double points promo I got screwed and got the stay 20 nights crap to get bonus after 3 stays. So I'm about to book my next 30 nights and after thinking maybe I'd boomthose at SPG maybe my interests are best served by staying with some nice independent hotels.
same here frustrated, plat50 4 yrs, got zilch again. i wrote to spg this afternoon, response came quick:
"Promotions that are targeted to our guests are determined by our external Marketing Team. We do not have access to this data and this is not a request that can be made by our members.
. .. A typical Platinum member will complete an average of 75 paid nights per year and are most likely to receive more opportunities for rewards and discounts."
I wrote back saying I've a hard time believing a typical plat averages 75 nights, which in turn leads to better offer. Am I crap here?
​​​​​
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by FTDDD
As some of the most loyal members this is starting to become increasingly frustrating. Lurkers, would you be able to collect frustrated members here and have them signed up to a special promo? After all we're loyal opinionators.
+1
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
More like MEMBER EXCLUDED promos for me

I did my plat challenge May 2015 and that was my LAST promo I got

Since then I have NOT been eligeble for a single targetted promo

So I went from having plat renewed lst year to just not giving a crap this year. One of the blogs says everyone is targetted once a year but I know for sure that is NOT the case

Rant over enjoy your offers
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

Originally Posted by spgplat21
Me neither. There has to be a better way to run these where it doesn't piss off the guests that are staying the most in your hotels. I typically have a lot of future stays booked, so I'm assuming that's why I'm never targeted.
I doubt that has anything to do with it I have max 2 stays booked at any given time yet no love here either....

This year I have only booked SPG where there is either no other decent option OR where a BRG is available. Got tired of waiting for a good promo since others are offering decent promos...

These targetted promos just SUCK for those who dont get targetted that is does the new owner do these types of targetted promos at all?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:02 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Happy Days. Fwiw I wasn't targeted but hit the link anyway...

BOOK NOW TO START EARNING BONUS STARPOINTS.

You're all set to earn up to 15,000 bonus Starpoints® on eligible stays between February 15 and May 15, 2017. Here's how:

FIFTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
+ TENTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
+ FIFTEENTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
= MAXIMUM
BONUS
STARPOINTS
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:12 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Nothing. Plat 50 this year and lifetime gold.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Nothing... again. This sucks.

khabah
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:31 am

Gold. Only 10 stays last year and never completed any promos.

EARN A FREE NIGHT AWARD AFTER JUST THREE STAYS.

We’re always happy to see you check in. That’s why we want to bring you back with a special offer worth up to two Free Night Awards. Simply register by April 15, 2017, and stay with us between February 15 and May 15, 2017.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: Lots
Rock. Have already stayed 12 or 13 nights this year so understandable they don't feel the need to incentivize me.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
I got 4 stays = 4k bonus points, up to 12k points.
The same here, so I had:

Double Take

and four stays = 4k, up to 12k.

So we are essentially talking about 27k points if I meet the two requirements. 3 nights minimum, 30 nights to earn the rest of 15k max, with other 12 stays of up to 12k.

45 nights minimum boy.

Marriott seemed to have just double points for first three stay, and 30 nights for 45k. Slightly better deal with Marriott IMO, as I could easily locate a couple of locations providing 5k per stay without even talking about Megabonus.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:53 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
didn't give me a choice, offered me double elite credit for stays 15feb-15may. i think i got something like this (unsolicited) a few years ago when i slipped from gold to preferred. this is also a year where i am relegated to preferred from gold. i think i may be able to get in 13 stays during this promo so huzzah ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.