Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Maldives is not a place where I'd want to stay at a brand new resort with new staff and facilities. Way too far to go to be a beta tester -- and pretty much every resort in Maldives has had growing pains when first opened. Give it a year folks and wait for things to fall into place.
Might be a much higher rate in a year?!!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:11 pm

Yea, its either stay in that first year for the amazing point rate.. or it will likely go up to 90k a night like the w.. if not higher. I am hoping they will have most the kinks worked out after 6-7 Months after they open when I am booked to be there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:58 pm
kkl

Can always book now and cancel down the road?

5th night free apply to this?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
You think StR will charge $60/day for breakfast per person?? If so, I'll pass.
Yeah, PH does give evening cocktail and a nice tray of snacks for Diamond members, and 20% off drinks after 7 PM.
So many SPG hotels have breakfast at over $50/person. I highly doubt St. Regis Maldives will be less than that. Captive guests mean you will be paying dearly. They know you will likely skip lunch there.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:14 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
So many SPG hotels have breakfast at over $50/person. I highly doubt St. Regis Maldives will be less than that. Captive guests mean you will be paying dearly. They know you will likely skip lunch there.
Hopefully they will offer a decent Plat guest breakfast option! Although to soon to tell yet so still a risk if your a Plat but at these points rates really does seem a deal not to be missed!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Never been to MLE myself, but how about bringing some of your own food?! you don't have to have a 5 course breakfast every day!!!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by ual902
Never been to MLE myself, but how about bringing some of your own food?! you don't have to have a 5 course breakfast every day!!!
Try the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport if that's your idea of a luxury vacation.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
Are these points bookings being done on the phone or on the web?
Originally Posted by KosherKimchee
Try the Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport if that's your idea of a luxury vacation.
That's a dumb attitude. Nothing wrong with bringing cereal or oatmeal and making espresso in the room
Old Jul 28, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by JBauer
Any sense why the Beach Villas are more expensive than Regular Overwater? I was told I could use SNAs to upgrade from Overwater to a Beach Villa?
Oh wow, they are accepting SNAs??
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
Originally Posted by damaxer91
That's a dumb attitude. Nothing wrong with bringing cereal or oatmeal and making espresso in the room
First of all, attack the idea not the author.

Second, you going to haul milk across the world in a cooler? If not, STR gonna charge you so what's the point of brining your own cereal.

Third, this isnt a Residence Inn. No microwaves or hotplates in a straw room sitting on a wood dock.

Fourth, seriously trying to save a trivial amount of money at a hotel that is $2k a night?

Fifth, luggage will be weighed before seaplane and you are going to get charged through the arse for weight overages. Food would be a bad reason to incur such a charge.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:10 am
Kyo

Programs: Ex-BD55 + KF*G + BA Gold + IC RA(?) + OZ*G + SPG*P
What's the earliest/latest dates that everyone has managed to book so far? I wouldn't mind 2-3 nights away, but I can't justify any more than that away...
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:50 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by ual902
You cannot be serious?!!!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:27 pm

I don't think this is for anyone looking for a cheap vacation. Even for a "free" award stay... by the time you consider transfers for 2, food, and at least an excursion or two you probably need to budget at least a few thousand dollars. On the bright side.. you're saving about 2,000 a night, so if it's something you wanted to do anyway, this would be the way to go.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:57 pm

I don't understand the backlash against people who want to save some $ for breakfast by bringing snacks. When I was in Bora Bora, I went to be local grocery and bought lots of drinks and snacks. Saved a bundle. I would've brought it from home, but didn't have the luggage space. Maldives doesn't have the luxury of grocery stores, so bringing something small from home is reasonable I think.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
SNA

Concierge told me SNAs get you a beach villa? That's why I was wondering how that's an upgrade over an overwater? The site does not have good room photos yet...probably not built yet...considering W is 90k points a night for a basic room, some good values in extravagant st Regis rooms...

For 5 nights...

Sunset overwater villa with pool, king bed: ocean views and personal butler service: 300,000 Starpoints for the stay

Overwater St. Regis Suite, king bed: personal butler service, winde bar, pool terrace: 360,000 Starpoints for the stay

Two bedroom family villa with pool, king bed and two queen beds: seaview, personal butler service: 480,000 Starpoints for the stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.