Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Old Nov 12, 2016, 3:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by tylerc
You're on the edge of your seat, I can tell. They said 8...let's see how many I can get.
The question is whether it's 8x0.5, which would barely put you over the minimum required water intake as recommended by the American Assoiciation of Waterologists, or 0.375, which would severely dehydrate you, in which case subsequent guests should consider bringing powdered water as a backup.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The question is whether it's 8x0.5, which would barely put you over the minimum required water intake as recommended by the American Assoiciation of Waterologists, or 0.375, which would severely dehydrate you, in which case subsequent guests should consider bringing powdered water as a backup.
...?
Old Nov 13, 2016, 1:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum Ambassador
...?
Pseudo is offering his sarcastic opinion to my quip about 8 bottles not being enough water for a couple each day in a tropical climate haha
Old Nov 13, 2016, 9:46 am

powdered water.....I like it! Just add water!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
All quiet on reviews it seems. I believe they blocked rooms up until November 15th after taking some initial bookings, so I bet there has been a very limited number of guests so far.

Looks like I'm the FT guinea pig...

Oh, and the breakfast buffet for us mere mortals (non-platinum) is $55 ++
So is the breakfast menu we've seen a list of the choices at the Buffet?

While expensive, if the 'Luxury' breakfast options are included on the Buffet, it's not unreasonable.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 2:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
powdered water.....I like it! Just add water!
Exactly!
Old Nov 13, 2016, 5:24 pm

Exactly!
Let me know if you pass customs with mysterious powders!

Should i let them know that you're coming and your powders are just powdered water?! I'd be happy to give them a heads up!
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Looks like Today is the first day of the hotel having availability -- so the "soft open" period is over, and hopefully someone might actually check in soon and give a real review.

Also interestingly, it looks like the Two Bedroom Beach Suites won't be available until December 1, and the Caroline Astor and John Jacob Astor suites won't be available until Jan 4 -- I suspect that these are not completed yet (or some VVIP's have all the high end suites for two months solid)
Old Nov 14, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by some dude
Looks like Today is the first day of the hotel having availability -- so the "soft open" period is over, and hopefully someone might actually check in soon and give a real review.

Also interestingly, it looks like the Two Bedroom Beach Suites won't be available until December 1, and the Caroline Astor and John Jacob Astor suites won't be available until Jan 4 -- I suspect that these are not completed yet (or some VVIP's have all the high end suites for two months solid)
I'll see if I can score a look at some of them and get some real pictures to share.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:00 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

As is the tradition here in the SPG Forum, now that we have a first-hand account from a member staying that the property, we will archive the pre-opening discussion and carry on in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

yosithezet
Co-Moderator, SPG Forum

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.